32 coaches online • Server time: 03:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Borgen

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to think of myself as a coach that will play anyone, even though I typically use elves. I enjoy playing against "bashy" teams, it creates different tactical situations and makes the game more varied and interesting. However, I think I need to rethink this approach.

When a coach's sole and only goal in a game is to hurt your team, the game (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=974212) is no longer fun. Especially if they have a dirty player, they've gotten the ref, and instead of scoring they take their time surrounding each of your players and kicking them with the DP. Fun times. He could have scored on turn 4 or 5 in the 2nd half. He decided to simply tie the game (and almost blew it), just so he could hurt more of my players (without even getting SPP for it).

Whats the point? All you chaos/orc/dwarf teams that have trouble finding games, dont blame "cherrypicking" elf coaches, blame your fellow "bashy" coaches. I guess I should have been tipped off by the desire to take claw/mighty blow before block, but I would have thought systematic slaughter with a DP instead of trying to play the game was below even a chaos coach who likes claw.

Time to retire this team...

Last edited by Borgen on %b %21, %2005 - %05:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

write a song about it, made me feel better.... after all you got a draw

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=913834

hardly worthy of retiring your team
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're that offended by his play, chalk it up to experience, put him on a list to not play anymore and move on. A retired team is not the end of the world.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

um?....cry me a river?

i played Baby Lions right before you did, and i got beat...by chaos....*PASSING* the ball...suck it up and deal...don't like it?...concede and find another game to play...that's what i do...in fact...his claw/mb combo did very little against me...so yeah....i think i'll continue to blame cherrypickers and not bashy coaches....coaches who play bashy teams can't help but to play bashy....otherwise all that would be played would be boring elfball....you elf coaches on the other hand....can more than easily help your cherrypicking ways...

*cry*....

--j

ImageImage
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny since your opponent has foulers on HIS DNP list ...

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to consider editting the title of this thread and your choice to specifically call out one opponent in it. These forums are not a place to speak badly of other coaches by name. I'm sure a moderator will correct this eventually. Do it first, yourself.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Great match Old Bugman, hehe - two thumbs up for courage.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya know ... I'm not tired of hearing complaints about cherrypicking, in fact, I *love* hearing coaches talk about cherrypicking - as I'm sure does everyone reading this thread. Why else would I (or anyone else) be reading it Wink

Nothing wrong with an elf team that likes a bit of good clean fun is there? Smile

PS: The only kind of elf better than a dead elf is an un-dead elf.

ozjesting

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The replay seems a bit corrupted...but from what i saw of most of the second half he just flat out- played you. What REALLY gets my goat (chaos pun intended) is people blaming anything other then weak play for their losses. Sure he smacked you up...but you made the mistake of re=engaging on the foul thus leaving it open for him to foul again. You were constantly over commited and in weak postions and made bad use of your blitz moves.

Have a look at how Elves should be played...because no race is punished faster for mistakes! Wink

And write a song...not enough songs

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

mhhh 11 fouls not bad....means he did at least 3 of them without get the ref....without the einterception he probably even wouldve lost...

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
so yeah....i think i'll continue to blame cherrypickers and not bashy coaches....

Hu? Can you show me where in "cherrypickers" you find the word Elf coaches?? Cherrypicking has nothing to do with the team you play. My elves played as well Orcs that in a 50 games history only once played a single bashy team themself and my Ogres hardly ever get a game in at all. I do not want to restart any discussion about this topic, but your view on cherrypicking seems so single-sided...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh, the topic... what could be said that has not been said a thousand times??
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
so yeah....i think i'll continue to blame cherrypickers and not bashy coaches....

Hu? Can you show me where in "cherrypickers" you find the word Elf coaches?? Cherrypicking has nothing to do with the team you play. My elves played as well Orcs that in a 50 games history only once played a single bashy team themself and my Ogres hardly ever get a game in at all. I do not want to restart any discussion about this topic, but your view on cherrypicking seems so single-sided...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh, the topic... what could be said that has not been said a thousand times??

Sure...here's where i find the world "elf coaches" in cherrypicker....

Borgen wrote:
Whats the point? All you chaos/orc/dwarf teams that have trouble finding games, dont blame "cherrypicking" elf coaches, blame your fellow "bashy" coaches.

So next time before you aim your flame cannon at me...know what you're talking about....I'm perfectly understanding of the fact that anyone is capable of cherrypicking...I'm just using Borgen's own words to demolish his argument...

--j
grandw

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

There could be a nice feature, where the gamefinder matches up two teams and both coaches don´t know what opponent to play until on the field...
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

the_grand_wazoo wrote:
There could be a nice feature, where the gamefinder matches up two teams and both coaches don´t know what opponent to play until on the field...

Yeah - just imagine the fun when the halflings get matched up against that dwarf team... No? How about the very experienced coach suddenly getting drawn against the new player who hasn't even played the game on board and didn't bother to read the LRB - tons of challenging fun ahead... Or am I missing something here?

I don't really care as long as you still have the option to do what you do now Wink
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it is good as it is.
 Jump to: