29 coaches online • Server time: 02:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pushbloke

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

what you mean "pseudo random" and why is snake eyes more likely, thats a scary thing to say after me noticing lots of snake eyes in my games....
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Macike, shut it Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I will also do a single gfi if it shortens the pass, won't do doube gfi though.

Post 2 Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

pushbloke wrote:
what you mean "pseudo random" and why is snake eyes more likely, thats a scary thing to say after me noticing lots of snake eyes in my games....

I believe it is not hard to google it out.
However if google is not your friend you may start with Wikipedia.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i usually try to take sure feet on my throwers, good chance i can have 2 squares extra range
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:

Please notice also that playing fumbbl games deals with pseudo random numbers and snake eyes are more likely to happen. Very Happy

It may be pseudo random but that does NOT mean snake eyes are more likely to happen Smile
macike

Post 20 Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
macike wrote:

Please notice also that playing fumbbl games deals with pseudo random numbers and snake eyes are more likely to happen. Very Happy

It may be pseudo random but that does NOT mean snake eyes are more likely to happen Smile

I would agree that ONEs are not more likely to happen when we talk about a distribution.
But snake eyes is a sequence. Not mention the snake eyes re-roll resulting in snake eyes.

Wikipedia wrote:
Any PRNG run on a deterministic computer (contrast quantum computer) is a deterministic algorithm, its output will inevitably have one property that a true random sequence would not exhibit: guaranteed periodicity.

If PRNG generates sequence of same dice roll (ONEs in particular) it is more likely to happen again than in the theoretical random case. This is because the periodicity is less likely to occur in the - infinite by definition - random number generator (ideal case).
Many of fumbbl coaches have experienced the sequences of ones so thus we know they are more likely to reoccur. Wink

If it is a 'bad day' then one suffers from the sequence of ONEs and his Luck indicator goes below 45%. On the other hand when it's a 'good day' sequences of ones almost do not appear and your Luck goes over 60%.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, well, thats all right then. ty for clearing that up.

ps, who made mojo censor
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

"Danger, advice"

don't try to calculate or measure the unrandomness of the client just to play Bloodbowl, do it for the sher fun of it

memoricing probability tables for gfi-pass with all the variables may be isn't healthy, but trying to calculate them in a case by case basis will probably slow your play unless you are quick

it isn't that handsom and attractive to know the prob. of everything and it's distresing to know that the prob. of success of your opponent's action is quite high
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
I've made some probability calculations and here comes the outcome (in short):
- it is always worth to GFI once,
- it is always worth to GFI twice if you have a spare RR,
- it is worth to GFI twice if you have not a spare RR and your target roll is 5+ or 6+.

Please have in mind that 'target rolls' stands for what you need to roll after all modifiers are applied.

did you notice that calculation were done on the very first link given?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
RedFish wrote:
macike wrote:

I would agree that ONEs are not more likely to happen when we talk about a distribution.
But snake eyes is a sequence. Not mention the snake eyes re-roll resulting in snake eyes.

Wikipedia wrote:
Any PRNG run on a deterministic computer (contrast quantum computer) is a deterministic algorithm, its output will inevitably have one property that a true random sequence would not exhibit: guaranteed periodicity.

If PRNG generates sequence of same dice roll (ONEs in particular) it is more likely to happen again than in the theoretical random case. This is because the periodicity is less likely to occur in the - infinite by definition - random number generator (ideal case).
Many of fumbbl coaches have experienced the sequences of ones so thus we know they are more likely to reoccur. Wink

If it is a 'bad day' then one suffers from the sequence of ONEs and his Luck indicator goes below 45%. On the other hand when it's a 'good day' sequences of ones almost do not appear and your Luck goes over 60%.

could you explain what you are telling here? I definitely think this will become quickly very interesting.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

tautology wrote:
It doesn't matter what you do, you will never succeed if it is turn 16 and you are going for the winning TD.
Unless you are my opponent, in which case you cannot fail!

At least you haven't let it make you bitter.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pushbloke wrote:
ps, who made mojo censor

I did. I've been here long enough to have read dozens of "random numbers blah-blah-blah", threads.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The best thing to do before trying to contribute something new to one of them is to read all of the existing random number related topics in the forums .... if it's really something new (i.e. that hasn't been covered in (at least) one of the existing threads) then, and only then, should you think about whether it is actually worth writing a post about Smile

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, anything is worth writing a post about, but it's entirely a different thing whether or not you will get ridiculed because you post the same things that were dealt with extensively about 2 years ago.

Jump to: