24 coaches online • Server time: 07:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
prawnbite

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out my team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=985544 which was smashed up thourogly yesterday - what do you say, is it time for retirement ?

Check the BIO by the way, there is a price placed on one of the opponents head Twisted Evil
prawnbite

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My mistake-the link was to the match, not my team - it comes here:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=214430
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

no reason to drop ´em. Buy another lineman and you start your next match with 11 players...
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

right. You might even fire Brett Brad Bronson, since he is mng, and has a niggling beeing a lino with no spp. So he won´t be a help next game, and if you have enough players (which you do) there is no reason to keep him.
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d freeboot two linos in order to play the next match with 11 players. In the next one you´ll have 12 players even firing Brett Brad Bronson, so no reason to retire the team.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I say keep them.

I would fire both the MNG players with permanent injuries and buy 1 new lino. Just 1 recovery game you will probably lose, but then the team looks quite ok again.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i'll try to find a recovery game and save money to buy blitzers.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the MNG Niggled, hire a new lineman, and after the recovery game (unless you lose more to injury) fire the other niggled lineman.

I would keep the Str 4 player, as the AV7 won't show as much as on a lower strength player who may be constantly eating dirt.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hire a new lineman, fire both Nigglers and play one game with 10 players.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a disaggree with you there - why should i fire my nigglers ? I know there is a chance the get the vp award, but that chance is very small. As is the chance of not playing, and right now I need some cannonfodder in the frontline...

So I will keep the nigglers for now, save some money for a couple of blitzers, do some serious cherrypicking (this one is hard, haven't really found anyone playing worse than me yet Wink

Thx for your suggestions, and keep in mind that there is a price on Boo The Horror - link:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2464679
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No reason to retire, just mngs mostly
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude retire your nigglers. They inflate TR and TS, miss games, and are a total liability when you start doing high TR matches (virus!) - any experienced coach would fire a mng niggler with 0 spp.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

prawnbite wrote:
I got a disaggree with you there - why should i fire my nigglers ? I know there is a chance the get the vp award, but that chance is very small. As is the chance of not playing, and right now I need some cannonfodder in the frontline...

So I will keep the nigglers for now, save some money for a couple of blitzers, do some serious cherrypicking (this one is hard, haven't really found anyone playing worse than me yet Wink

Thx for your suggestions, and keep in mind that there is a price on Boo The Horror - link:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2464679

Dangerness of nigglers are sometimes overrated by soem coaches BUT this is Ranked. You will pick up an opponent depending on your team level. So what's the point in keeping that 5 TR worth players when you just choose your opponent. Try to keep the best team possible.

for exemple: I have 4 nigglers my opponent 0. None missing happens with probability 48% So in average, you have 1 missing player out of 2. That means playing with the weaker team.

Ok that might not be the big difference, but you continue=>TR grows=>incomes disminish

Now you get beaten up: you have way too many nigglers. Because you kept your early niggles, you are in a trouble to get a healthy team back:

my conclusion: if the niggler isn't really valuable, fire when you can!

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 14:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just another voice to say fire the nigglers.

Teams fine though.
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I would fire the MNG 0 SPP niggler (player #13... unlucky anyway ;D) and hire a new lino to replace him.

Reasoning:
2 MNG players gives you less of a handicap and disadvantage in your next game. 10 players is little, but I think freebooting 2 linos to go up to 11 is probably not worth it if you want to keep the team in the long term.

While you're correct about not firing nigglers while you need the players, the MNG niggler is not going to help you until next game, at which point, with any luck, you'll have the cash to buy new players anyway and your other MNG players will be back. So fire the MNG niggler, replace him and pray that your current niggler (#1) attends next game. However, you should plan to sack him as soon as you can afford to.