57 coaches online • Server time: 11:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyco

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
no you are allowed to create U tournaments. Except U you may get special autorisations to create tournaments in those division. In the case of div X, the manager is grumbledook. You need his acknowledgement. Better be one of his close friends (at least to me, h usually say no...)

Ah, that explains it. Thanks. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyco, if your looking for a no ageing leage with lots of activity (but at a slower pace!) and using the new rules, try the MBBL...

http://www.blood-bowl.net/MBBL/
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm surprised divX doesn't count towards CR. Your teams can't transfer anywhere else and the in-game play is exactly the same as a normal game...so why not make it the "other" ranked division? The selling point of divR will be two fold: #1 divR teams can transfer to other divisions and #2 the main event tourneys are done there.

if divX was a ranking division, I bet more would play.

on a related note, everytime I post my divR teams on gamefinder, I also post my divX team. So I'm doing my part to break the catch-22 Smile

but yeah, today I just retired a divX team that hadn't seen a game offer since May 2004.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If DivX's problem is because of the CR and such, then why not have different coach rankings for different leagues? Like a Stunty Coach Rating (seperate from the Ranked), and same for the DivX? I don't think it'd be that hard to implement and put on each coach's page, since coach rating is already there.

If FUMBBL was concerned with DivX, then there would be someone that would be in "charge" of it, like piekko is in charge of Stunty. Or there would be a large tournament based in DivX.

I'd play DivX if I could actually get a game. I had one once. Never got a game. It's hard enough just getting stunty games.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be another X-Cup in the foreseeable future. Probably after the Warpstone Open. I'd like to delegate the responsibility for it, so I can play in it. But if I don't recruit somebody, I'll run it myself. But don't expect it for at least another couple of months.

And as for running leagues in DivX, I wouldn't be put off by sk8bcn's posts. I think the Duke of Grumble would likely be accomodating to a thoughtful proposal. The last time I heard of a DivX league proposal it was a rather silly 2ball, 3ball, or was it a screwball league?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Visit Slumberland

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
The last time I heard of a DivX league proposal it was a rather silly 2ball, 3ball, or was it a screwball league?

Hehe, nicely put there, evo Smile

-Janzki
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
There will be another X-Cup in the foreseeable future. Probably after the Warpstone Open. I'd like to delegate the responsibility for it, so I can play in it. But if I don't recruit somebody, I'll run it myself. But don't expect it for at least another couple of months.

And as for running leagues in DivX, I wouldn't be put off by sk8bcn's posts. I think the Duke of Grumble would likely be accomodating to a thoughtful proposal. The last time I heard of a DivX league proposal it was a rather silly 2ball, 3ball, or was it a screwball league?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Visit Slumberland

I am up to run something like that! KO style, 15days to play, groups:
rookies (TR100- 0 games played) / TR0-125/ TR 126-150 /TR 151-175 /TR 176-200 / TR 201+