75 coaches online • Server time: 21:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

well im up to turn 4, my opponent is playing well, but got quad skulls, loner worked. He has a bit of wrestle, but Im using it to my advantage at the minute, using them as "safe" blocks as going down on a wrestle doesnt turn over, so I opened up his offence nicely and Ive KO'ed a blitzer, sacked the ballcarrier now i have 2 beastmen over the ball.

Doesn't he know that he can opt not to use wrestle? It's far better for him to have you suffer a turnover after all Smile
Colin

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've often wondered, because PBeM is based on HTML rosters, just as FUMBBL is (sort of), they could be interchangeable. I believe FUMBBL rosters would work in PBeM, anyway. It makes one think of the possibilities - SkiJunkie would have some competition, instead of being the sole client provider for FUMBBL!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

good thinking batman!

why did i never think of that before, we could have our own vault division on fumbbl now Wink
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Quote:

well im up to turn 4, my opponent is playing well, but got quad skulls, loner worked. He has a bit of wrestle, but Im using it to my advantage at the minute, using them as "safe" blocks as going down on a wrestle doesnt turn over, so I opened up his offence nicely and Ive KO'ed a blitzer, sacked the ballcarrier now i have 2 beastmen over the ball.

Doesn't he know that he can opt not to use wrestle? It's far better for him to have you suffer a turnover after all Smile

just tried it again in the tool...

It said "Selecting a both down result automatically places both of you prone witout any armour rolls!" his player is 6 3 3 8 Wrestle anyway

So i guess im doing it right Wink
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

just tried it again in the tool...

It said "Selecting a both down result automatically places both of you prone witout any armour rolls!"

So i guess im doing it right

Seems like it Smile Also looks like the system isn't entirely flawless Razz (Unless I'm wrong and Vault rules say you can't decide wether to use a skill or not)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, Ill ask over at the PBEM forum Smile

But ive scored on his offence and its his turn 7 now and Ive taken the ball from him, so far so good Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, i guess im wrong, its like you say (must be a minor bug) but as of yet, it hasnt made much difference!

Remind me never to play wrestlers again Wink
chunky04

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of things you might want to know.

The tool isn't as automated, but is a lot more flexible - in brownrobs Wrestle example, his opposite number should be leaving him directions on how to handle it. Its easy enough to fix things up.

Theres a lot more trust involved in it, but there are plenty of checks for cheating in the tool.

Games may take a couple of days, but you can have many going on at oen time with a few different teams. I know since I started, I'm finding it much mroe convenient, and my fumbbl has dropped off dramatically.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody lock this thread!

Smile

Nah, not really, it's rather entertaining anyway. Let's see when rob finishes his game. Hopefully before christmas.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

midway through the second half and ive already scored (on his offence in 1st half) but have the ball and am trundling about, i killed a player but when i went to save, the game crashed!!!! (arggghhhh!!!!!) but i reloaded the save (hope that doesnt count as cheating :S ) but the guy lived this time, but instead, another guy died.... Lol i could be booted out after one game Wink
Sp0n

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tsktsk... Have you no shame? Copying the original Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels? http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=161822
/me shakes head... Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrobs sig ages ago! wrote:
Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage!

/me shakes head... Wink

But it is a great name! Hopefully they get a good a record as yours!

But you know what they say..... Great minds think alike!

and fools seldom argue Wink
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

That is one great sig, rob. It would actually be funnier with the rat carrying the ball.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Always wished I had time to play FUMBBL ... just don't have the straight time to sit down and play which is why Ronald and I created the PBeM program. Granted its not nearly as fast but I often fishing my games in a week (assuming my opponent can play 2 or 3 turns a day) and as chunky said ... I normally have 6 or 7 games going at once.

Its definitely not a format for everyone for sure ... but I need to get some mass data to make sure that the PBBL rules worked before they became official and nothing beats an online league for massive amounts of data to sift through. Its at least already shown me some problems with some of the special play cards and that Ramut and Icepelt are evil with Block (as is allowing Morg and Ramtut to play for Khemri at the same time). So its definitely showing some of the abusive holes that we had discussed might be a problem but weren't sure on the SG forum.

Galak
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Rob ... how did your game turn out ... thoughts from it?
 Jump to: