25 coaches online • Server time: 04:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should these lizards spend thier 130k?
Hire a Kroxigor!
91%
 91%  [ 79 ]
Hire 2 Skinks!
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Buy a 7th Reroll
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 86

Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone. I'm debating on what to do with 130k on this team.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=215488

I feel like more of an explanation is needed. If I hire a Kroxigor he will sit on the bench for the most part playing backup to the Saurii. Personally I feel that the 5th Skink on the field is better for overall consistancy. However I recognize that there are times when a Saurus goes down or that more power is simply needed on the field so I definately recognize his value.

The other options I am considering are hiring 2 more Skinks or buying a 7th Reroll.

Please vote in the poll and then post if you have any additional thoughts or comments. Thanks in advance.

Siokawta
Mordus

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I voted for the Krox and I am definately no expert, but he does make such a huge road block in the middle of the field. If you are playing elves, get two or three next to him and just let him sit. You have plenty of skinks and a great team as it is. That is an awesome team, no niggles, one mng skink, but oh well.

Get the krox and you have an offensive/defensive line there that any coach would druel over. The krox is not meant to be a star player, like any other big guy he is risky, but get him set up somewhere next to some good players and let him sit there with his prehensile tail he is such an awesome road block. He is my personal favorite as a big guy. 6 Str 4 players that all have block (cept one with stand firm) and most have two abilities, plus that Krox as an anchor and a huge way to tie up an opponents team and the skinks can easily have free run of any field.
Great team and go with the krox. Shocked
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i would go for Krox as well, manily just to help with the bashing... skinks are fine but a couple of bad rolls go your way i would expect to see a few skinks in dug out! I definitly wouldnt bother with 7 reroll because most of your Sarus have block, i would go for a KROX! as you wont have enough money to get one for some time, and in maybe a game or 2 you will be able to afford another skink!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

the kroxigor, that's an easy choice Shocked

Post 20 Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Siokawta wrote:
If I hire a Kroxigor he will sit on the bench for the most part playing backup to the Saurii.

IMHO that would not be smart. Kroxigor's PT is very nice for pinning opponent players. Especially those who cannot rr their dodge roll. He will engage more opponent players and create opportunities to consume their team RR.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Please keep in mind, if I get a Kroxigor he would be sitting on the bench 96% of the time. The only time he would actually be on the field is when a Saurus goes down, my opponent only has 1 turn to do things before the half or game ends or I have to field from from having 11 or less total players available. I realize that he can hold off a couple of players on his own, however because of Bonehead, it will not consistantly do whats asked of it and if I put him there to simply contain 2 of thier players its like only having 10 men on the field on my team because he wouldn't be doing anything. A Saurus with Stand Firm and correct positioning can hold off 2 players as well while also being able to consistantly do whats asked of him.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you never suffer MNG, KO or BH. Oh? It happens to me a lot even with dwarves. I maybe haven't your luck? Confused

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you not want to play him? He is so very useful and you have shown that you are good at getting SPP's for your stronger and less ball handling players as your Saurii are all very good. Shocked
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to play him because he won't consistantly attempt to do what I tell him to (Bonehead). However he does make a rather nice replacement Saurus when its needed. If he does pass his Bonehead roll, he can still cause a turnover because he can't use rerolls. In order to minimize that you use him close to the end of the turn on actions that really don't have much relevence at that point in the game other than to hopefully cause a cas. For me personally, I like it when my players are consistant, not sometimes good, sometimes bad so in order to minimize bad luck turnovers I want to keep him on the bench in case hes needed.

Last edited by Siokawta on %b %03, %2005 - %13:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

he doesnt need to block, he just stands tehre and makes people trip up, guard is fantastic too, the best and most useful BG are the ones that dont block, their mere presence is game turning

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Mordus

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that 1 in 6 can be a pain, but with good placement you don't have to move him all that much. You can also get pro to help out with the bone head rolls. You have to do what fits your style the best though. If you really don't want him that much then screw it, I would vote for the extra reroll in that case. Shocked
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not that I don't want him. I just want him on the bench in case he is needed.
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
he doesnt need to block, he just stands tehre and makes people trip up, guard is fantastic too, the best and most useful BG are the ones that dont block, their mere presence is game turning

In that case, I might as well have just set up with 10 players if he isn't going to do anything but stand there.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you think a kroxigor won't help much then buy skinks or hire a wizard, to burn the cash. A 7th reroll might be overkill, too. Few teams, make use of so many rerolls (except vampires and squig herders of course).

macike

Post 18 Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Siokawta wrote:
Its not that I don't want him. I just want him on the bench in case he is needed.

So maybe could you make him an assistant coach? He would be sitting the bench giving advices and increasing your chance of winning the Perfect Coaching event. Twisted Evil