17 coaches online • Server time: 06:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should these lizards spend thier 130k?
Hire a Kroxigor!
91%
 91%  [ 79 ]
Hire 2 Skinks!
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Buy a 7th Reroll
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 86

ghepi

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kroxigor,no doubt about this Cool
Even if is a risk,only the presence and the prehetensile tail is a value for the team.
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget the effect that the presence of a Big Guy can have on the mind of an opposing coach. <i>You</i> know that a Krox is just an unreliable Saurus with attitude and a long tail, but your opponent may think about it differently.

Many coaches who would have no fear of a Saurus will retreat their players in panic from a Kroxigor. Others will take the presence of a Big Guy as a challenge, and make it their goal to bring him down, even if it takes half their team to do it. He may draw fouls, and if you're lucky even blitzes - plus hits from opponents with MB, Claw, etc: all this means fewer of these types of things hitting your Skinks.

That said, I agree with you about playing with 5 Skinks on the pitch: when my Lizards started playing with a line-up of Kroxigor, 6 Saurus, and 4 Skinks, their game really went to pieces ...

Great team, btw: wish I was as good at developing my Saurus. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for the krox but it sounds like you don't want one, also I would actually dump a reroll to reduce tr/ts.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

exact, it seems you don't want one because of bonehead. So do not add the option to the poll

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind that the proponents of the Kroxigor ague that he can engage 2+ players with Prensile Tail so, even if he stands still, as you said, like having 10 players, your opponent either plays with 9 or risks turnover/uses RR... may be that pays off, it depends on how your opponent plays, and how many ag5 elves you are facing Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 18:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a reroll and discard 2. I'm not even joking Smile

You don't need more than 5 rerolls and doing this would optimize your TR. If you don't intend to use the Kroxigor, just don't buy it.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Buy a reroll and discard 2. I'm not even joking Smile

You don't need more than 5 rerolls and doing this would optimize your TR. If you don't intend to use the Kroxigor, just don't buy it.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You really underestimate the power of a 7th 4+ strength guy on your team. You're flat out stupid if you don't play him when you have the chance, there's no need for a 5th skink at all. With 7 4+ str guys, you can just block the entire front line and theres nothing most other teams can do, since they wont be able to block more than maybe 3 of your guys. Especially if you have guard. Just make sure you use your Kroxigor near the end of your turn so he doesnt cause turnovers. I have a very similar lizardmen team to yours but my Kroxigor even has -1str and he's still EXTREMELY important to my team. However, I do have Pro so he doesn't cause turnovers for me =)
Prehensile tail is sooooooo useful, I generally don't ever blitz with my kroxigor, I only block if I have 3 block dice (which actually tends to happen a lot) and then just move him next to someone that I think will try to dodge so that PT can trip them up. It's amazing how often people won't even try it if you have PT or if they do, they fail miserably or have to burn a RR. Like mentioned above, Guard is also amazing on big guys, you don't even have to do anything, just have him stand near people.

You definitely don't ever need a 5th skink either. With 4 movement and dodge, skinks are more than capable of getting away from enemies and getting to the ball or out of range or whatever. The only time you need a 5th skink is when one of the gets knocked out of the game. Krox + 6 Saurus + 4 Skink = best team ever
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think everyone misunderstood what I was asking. I'm not debating whether or not the Kroxigor is good. I was asking if I should get one considering that his role would be to sit on the bench as a backup Saurus. I have no intentions of using him in my starting 11 players however he is a good backup for when a Saurus gets hurt. That is the only role the Kroxigor would have on my team as the 5th skink is far more effective for me in how I play the team.
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, it should be noted that I bought the Kroxigor. He will sit on the bench as I have said numerous times.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, how about this consideration for the Kroxigor: use him purely as a player for the defense. With Guard and Prehensile Tail, he's already well suited for defense. Considering you also have 2 Stand Firm players to cover a nice sized plot of land, you can really make it tough for the opponent to go where he wants to on his offensive receive. Assuming the Krox ends up with a second normal skill roll, Break Tackle will make him damn near unstoppable, putting TZs almost effortlessly even into the middle of a crowd. I would also think this would save wear and tear on your skinks when on defense, though I admit I don't know how you like to play that side of the ball.

All I know is, using my kroxigor too much when I first got him cost me several matches. So I agree with your desire to use him on a limited basis. But at the same time, it IS hard for most teams to ignore the fact you have 7 ST 4+ players on the pitch...
macike

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Siokawta wrote:
Also, it should be noted that I bought the Kroxigor. He will sit on the bench as I have said numerous times.

Ok, nobody managed to convince you. So it seems that you know what you want to do.

If you are fixed on having 5 skinks fielded then I can uderstand why you insist on putting Kroxy on the bench. I guess they need very reliable protection. Which means they need EVERYONE (btw I love this "Leon" scene with G.Oldman) to be on their places engaging opponents, providing TZs, not causing TO with "both down" block result.

Personally I would use Saurus as the backup for Kroxy. Especially when facing agile opponents. But I've never coached lizzies and I'm going to watch some reps of your games. Maybe I will learn something.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

See I have tried what most are suggesting about the Kroxigor with my previous lizard team that is now retired. They went 9/9/9 with 4 skinks on the field. My current lizard team has gone 12/2/2 with 5 Skinks on the field. The proof is in the pudding. If you want to see a replay of exactly what I am talking about and planning on doing, there is a match between myself and AFK_Eagle's Dark Elves that shows exactly that, albeit he had some bad rolls.
tassel

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a kroxy on your roster and not using him makes your opponents about 12 TS more evil... =)
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but above 200 TR, there really isnt much difference in 12 TS. A skillroll or perhaps 1 more player. Not that big of a deal.
 Jump to: