64 coaches online • Server time: 22:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I've got a rather evil Norse Blitzer on my chaos pact team, and was wondering what skill to give him next (hoping he survives that long)

Here is the player:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2413869

Cheers

Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming he lives that long:

Standard skill: Guard, Pro
Double: Stand Firm, Dodge, Dauntless
Stat Increase: yes

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
Guard

Why Guard? I still dont understand why that's so highly rated. I usually use the guy as a star-chaser going out alone to take out those pesky one-turners, or Which elves - people with guard are generally support players arent they?

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't have enough Guard. A team with enough Guards can present a strong wall of players that the opposing team will have a terrible time getting two dice blocks against -- unless they too have enough Guards. In my opinion, Guard is a bashier skill than Mighty Blow. Sometimes, any player needs to be a support player.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's assume we play:
You get an 11 human linos team all with MB.
I get an 11 human linos team all with guard.

Assuming we have the same luck, I win, I score more, and I heavily outbash you as well.
That's why all-guard teams are evil.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Though you could just as easily build a Beastman to go hunting key opposing players, and with a better ST score, too (Horns). The 8 AV might keep him alive longer, as well.

Myself, the only Norse I use on my CP team is a thrower, which allows me to go with two Orc liners and a CW or BG for the LOS. hopefully, the low AV is countered by the fact most throwers don't play anywhere near the opposing team if they can help it....
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Guard is the single most broken skill in the game! Sure you can whack on about fouls and DP and claws/rsc but every skill has a counter...Guard is all high and mighty...even a Guard can't cancel out a Guard...how broken is that?!?

Take Guard.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Let's assume we play:
You get an 11 human linos team all with MB.
I get an 11 human linos team all with guard.

Assuming we have the same luck, I win, I score more, and I heavily outbash you as well.
That's why all-guard teams are evil.

I second that.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

SolomonKane wrote:
Though you could just as easily build a Beastman to go hunting key opposing players, and with a better ST score, too (Horns). The 8 AV might keep him alive longer, as well.

Myself, the only Norse I use on my CP team is a thrower, which allows me to go with two Orc liners and a CW or BG for the LOS. hopefully, the low AV is countered by the fact most throwers don't play anywhere near the opposing team if they can help it....

I'm on the way for that, i do have a MB beastman - hoping he gets claw/RSC next skill. I'm going for an incredibly flexible team - 3 really bashy players (my blitzer + Beastman+ogre) a good thrower (pass,accurate,surehands,strong arm orc) a good runner (sure feet, sprint, doge, block gutter runner) a goblin for the TTM possibilities and some good skills on the linos. I was just wondering how to develop my blitzer better - guard seems like the option then

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is good, no doubt. But what I like on frenzy players is strip ball. Imagine; push, ball loose, push no tackle zones on it. This is of cause best if there is not too many sure hands players.
BTW I wouldn't take piling on on a av 7 player, that's just asking for the boot.
-XL

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
even a Guard can't cancel out a Guard...how broken is that?!?

Technically, a Guard does cancel out a Guard... when two bashy teams fight, it's a lot about who has enough Guards left in the right place.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I thought about that too, HollowOne.... and when the two of us agree, WATCH OUT! Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is wasted, if you use it to guard lone players alone. You have to think about the game mechanics, which often are quite illogical. But then again, life is.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard does NOT cancel out a guard. Guard can only lend an assist when in the proper position to do so.

You can cancel out a normal assist by placing a tackle zone on it by a non-blocking player. However, you can NOT cancel out a "guard assist" by placing a "guard tackle zone" on it by a non-blocking player. I think that this is what is considered broken.

I would like guard to be able to cancel another guard. Two teams of all guard players could then be played as if guard did not exist.