19 coaches online • Server time: 06:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Dirty Player Good idea or Bad
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 157 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 226

Zatoc

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My Dark elve team are pondering wheather to take a dirty player to put people off from fouling me, at present they just seem to get fouled whenever my opp wants. Would this be a wise investment in general?
tautology

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Most will tell you yes.
I don't use them, make up your own mind.
angelface

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You have more than 500 matches, and open a poll about buying dp or not?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Everybody will tell you "yes", but I say no.
I play in ranked without a DP, and this often means that my opponents don't foul me cause they know I am not much into it. Many here in Fumbbl have a DP but don't use it if not for retaliation.

If you have one, ppl will foul you cause they fear you as a fouler, and things (ironically) will be much more into the BLOOD part of Bloodbowl for you.

So I say no. At least, try without. With elves you can develop a DP in 1 game, if you really want to.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, btw:
Dirty Player, Good Idea or Bad?
Y/N

This question doesn't make any sense Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all-in with JanMattys on this one....
No.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted YES, yes as in good idea Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a DP, how else are you going to get rid of your opponent's star players if you're playing elves? I don't subscribe to the idea that having a DP discourages fouling. People will foul you regardless. Unless you take careful notes to gather yourself a group of happy nonfoulers, you will run into someone who does and then it doesn't matter if you have a DP or not. Besides, there are certain clues to a team's fouling prowess, like the presence of multiple DPs for example. You can also check the DP's #fouls, but I hope you know all of this already.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

still, moving a dp in a position where he would be able to foul an important player is a nice tactical adventure worth trying Wink
and u can just have one (for prevention too) and never use it. taking a look via the "new" stat system will ppl tell then, he never fouled

and for the rare moments you got the ref you really like to have him.
it also does not necessarily mean you get less matches. most opps with dp use it, having none makes u think twice before agreeing to such a game. but by having one yourself u can prevent fouls by his sheer appereance (or counter).

as u see, it is possible to screw the whole argumentation around and that leads to the satisfying answer: your choice Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Take a DP. I personally do not foul in ranked unless my opponent really needs a boot or two (or has the name AFK_Eagle) but i know how hard it is to find a high tr game without other teams having a DP.

I will point out.... if you are only interested in playing elves then don't bother. Those pansy coaches wouldn't play DPs at all. Rolling Eyes

Peace,
__Synn
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DP isn't a bad plan, at higher TR. If you get one early on, he just becomes a target, instead of helping kill them. Once you've got Blodge and a few tacklers (and a kicker) I say, go for it. Not a first skill, though....

Edit:: Looked closer at the team. Get Kick!

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad idea.
One doesn't need to foul to win.
One doesn't need DP to foul.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I never take DP, because I want to get opponents. Excessive fouling on my opponent's part is not something I have had much of a problem with.

And, btw, if my opponent has a DP, I will foul that player before he fouls me. Otherwise, I don't foul very often, except when I have get the ref.
Zatoc

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for everyone for their ideas. I have decided to not use a dirty player mainly due to the fact elves will then not play them

Macavity if you look at past players i have had 3 kickers lol, all dead. seems to be a cursed skill
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i've only had one or two people say no to playing because i have a DP....and i've never proactively fouled people because they have a DP...

and i use a DP quite religiously...the ref and i are on a first name basis at this point....it also comes in very handy when you have one player that is a complete nuisance...like that tackle/stripball/+ST wardancer that keeps you from scoring.....get one lucky hit, take him down, then boot party him into oblivion...it'll make your game a lot more balanced Wink...

additionally....every time you move with the DP....foulmove...keeps your opponent on their toes Wink

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: