76 coaches online • Server time: 20:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Voorn

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

One of my long time buddies came to visit and as his wife wont let him do anything java related on thier computer, I hooked him up on my wife's computer. Well, needless to say, since he hasnt played in years, his goblin team lost to my undead. That is neither here nor there but afterward, The results never got into either of our team's info. Normally, this is almost instantanious but it didnt happen even after 15 minutes. Now, this isnt that big of a deal but it could affect my team in the future if it suddenly becomes registered after I have played other games and the same for my buddy. It could also ne indicative of a major bug or fault within the systom that could cause problems if it becomes widespread. I just thought I would mention it in case anyone wanted to see if this bug could be fixed.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Same IP? = No result.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How did you win?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Same IP? = No result.

Actually its games played in stand alone mode that generate only one result file, thus they cannot be uploaded. There is lots of people playing behind the same router and therefore inside same IP to outside and thats not problem.
Voorn

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said, since he was visiting and wont be able to play again until he comes back again, he doesnt really care. Myself, I am just worried about results being retroactively applied after my team has played other games and messing up the files. If they arent going to be applied at all ever, I dont care at all. It just looked like a bug and didnt wanna screw things up.
I won by a narrow margin of 1 point with my best player getting niggled by the way.
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have played with your team it can not be reported anymore. Reading the rule page would not hurt.
Also do you really call him friend? because Im sure he wont after you teach him to use online-BB and play game with your undeads
versus his 0 reroll goblins....

Oh and the reason your game could not be uploaded in first place is found from http://fumbbl.com/help:ranked
One point hint: his team strenght is/was 35...
Voorn

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said, I am not worried about winning or losing. (it is better for me if the game DOESNT count). We were just two freands playing a game for FUN. This is something that too many people here do not do. They go out of thier way to lie cheat and even team switch in order to cherry pick wins *coughAgrakcough*. My buddy and I just wanted to have fun. The ONLY reason I even mentioned the "problem" was because it looked like some sort of bug and we didnt want to screw up the systom.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, no problems.