20 coaches online • Server time: 04:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all I am not claiming this to be a new idea or anything but I would like to see what you think

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=222196

Skills on beast: Any ideas? I have so far taken block.

Skills on rotters:
Normal rolls: block and then pass block
Doubles: tentacles formost and then spikes to make them live longer.

Skills on beastman:
Normal rolls: block first of all and then make different style of players (example one ballhandler, one stripballer, a kicker and so on)
Doubles: foul apperance and tentacles

This would make a difficult team to play I think and I think many non-bashy team would play it cause of the unbashiness.

Skills I would avoid: Mighty blow, Claw, Dirty player, piling on.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go Tentacles then Stand Firm on Rotters.
SF is the best skill in all BB, lets you try dodges with Rotters at 50% without any fear, and Regen+AV9 is enough on rotters anyway

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

what?

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like your plan is to shut down the opponent from moving and passing. And then what? There is no good in holding your opponents down if you don't intend to bash them. Without guard and tackle the team won't be good at anything. Even an elven team with 3-4 guards would probably give the team you planned a bashing.

Don't get me wrong rotters are made to be anti-passing game but I wouldn't go so far as to put pass block on the rotters. If I have understood the intention of your team correctly I would suggest:

Skills on rotters:
Normal rolls: Block and then Guard
Doubles: Tentacles/Stand firm

Skills on beastman:
Normal rolls: Block first, then Guard/Tackle. Sure hands on the ballcarrier. Kick is a late skill pick, The team is too slow to make good use of it.

Doubles: Frenzy on a tackler, Stand firm on the guards, Diving tackle might also be a good idea.

Stand firm, guard, tackle, diving tackle and tentacles are all skills that allow you to control zones of the pitch and shut down a fast paced offence. Tentacles are a bit wasted on beastmen though, pick diving tackle instead for a similar effect.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a big fan of tentacle personally... keeping them there is nice yes... but with tackle and prehensile tail you are actually going to cause turnovers. Plus I always seem to roll the 1 on tentacles... if that would have been tackle instead... he would have been down... damn. Heheh. Shocked
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

but tentacles is for any time they leave your tackle zone, and prenhsile tail can be overcome by leap or shadowing

plus a failed dodge can be rerolled, but a failed strength check cant. Even if they do fail the dodge, theyve still moved, which is annoying if you wanted to crowd push or hit them

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you really need more than 2 FA/Tents (and the Beast already has both)?

Do you really need more than 2 FA/Pass Block?

How about an FA/Block/Guard/SF assister which is hard to keep from assisting blocks?

I would think 2 Diving Tackle and at least 4-5 Tackle players are in order. On doubles, maybe take one more FA for a beastie, but I don't think you'd need more than 6 FA players on the pitch to disrupt a passing game. Otherwise, what about a Horns/Tackle (or Strip Ball)/Big Hand/Sure Hands (or Dodge or Stand Firm) blitzing Beastman? One or two Frenzy to add crowdpushing to your defensive repertoire would probably make for an awesome defense.
Bacillen

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Tentacles are fun but make sure they're on a player people might desperately want to get away from..ie. one with block, ST4, MB, guard..
 Jump to: