46 coaches online • Server time: 15:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adar

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate when my opponent refuses to play to his full abilities. The perfect opponent is a cheery person who chats abit, does everything to win and doesn't throw T16 fouls (unless I got T16 after him and might score). That's how I like it.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Taff, you have the right attitude. there is a difference between playing to win and trying your best to act a prat. It comes down to how you treat the other players.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Vilya_mx

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't block a possible touchdown in own turn 7

Of course, that allows for a last one-turn Td try, but it was nice

=^_^=
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like when opponent DOESN'T stall. I then feel bad about scoring because he somehow did let me score.

Actually I do it myself sometimes when I think I have the game in my hand (to keep the game exciting).

I played vs Mokthor (I think it w as him) and I misclicked (on turn I think) on the start of my turn. He gentely gave his turn away. So after that on the next engagement, I didn't use the blitz I got.

Jan is a goodsportsman too. Many other guy also....

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

tza wrote:
setting up to let your oponent OTS when you got a 3-0 lead and its his T16 Smile (and yes, I did that last F2 game:))

Yeah, he did, and I scored.... Thx Wink
Taught me a valuable lesson as well: Norse will only ever score a OneTurner if the opponent encourages them. If, on the other hand, he doesn't want them to score, something will always go wrong (thrower won't pickup/fumble the pass, catcher won't catch or fall on gfi, etc....).

Wish I could say I was as nice a coach Smile

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ultwe wrote:
tza wrote:
setting up to let your oponent OTS when you got a 3-0 lead and its his T16 Smile (and yes, I did that last F2 game:))

Yeah, he did, and I scored.... Thx Wink
Taught me a valuable lesson as well: Norse will only ever score a OneTurner if the opponent encourages them. If, on the other hand, he doesn't want them to score, something will always go wrong (thrower won't pickup/fumble the pass, catcher won't catch or fall on gfi, etc....).

Wish I could say I was as nice a coach Smile

you are, you always allow me to blitz your ball carrier :p

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Be a good sportsman - take the good and the bad without going over the top about it

Or how about, after an opponent fouls you, only foul back with a single, non-DP, player in order to take the refs eye off your opponents team, letting him foul again more effectively... Smile

BFN

Paul
peke

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Must... resist... the... urge... to... Phew, resisted. >:]

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hate when someone "gives" me a free td, just to make me feel nice. I'd rather lose 3-0 than 3-1 or 3-2 where my opponent just stepped away and said "here, score few td's and get spp's". That's almost the same as he would have said "Oh, I beated you good today, and you don't have a chance. But I'll let you score some, so you won't feel so bad". Blah.

I think the best opponent is the one who gives a challenge, and understands that sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not.

It's ok to curse and throw things around when having a bad luck, but do it with a certain smile. It's not your opponents fault, so don't ruin his day too. Be nice, talk about the game (or anything else that comes to mind), and have fun.

And when getting disconnections, THAT'S when the true sportsmanship is measured. I've seen some good players, and I've seen some bad. Tells me a lot about the person.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

When you feel, that your team has to burn some cash for a lower team rating, then do that without creating "past players".
Such players who never played a single match, falsify the past players list and, and nonetheless ,they unnecessarily devour resources, don't they?

fishgeekted

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Another way a player could bring positive vibes to a game:

The winner should always be the first to congratulate the loser, not vice versa. Most games the winner just says gg, thx, and logs and many times, AFTER the loser has already said, thx and gg.

How about the winner offering these words:

Sample: "gg, your a tough coach, I had some lucky rolls, hope to play you again!"

I find many winners to be ungracious and totally disrespectful to the loser. They may not intend to be that way, they just lose sight of the fact that there is a human behind the losing team.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a good guy... err.. by..err..

I tend to try and lighten the mood of people?... Forget about your players and for once have fun in a game! I just played circulars elves in a "Pink Slips" game.. lose: Retire team, Draw: Both retire. Win or die... Sadly I died, but the game was so awesome! (and yeah, the team was quite good)

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
Unless I am in a tourney (or facing multiple turns of stalling; which is rare), I don't foul. Not even when I have a DP and Get the Ref. Unless the opponent fouls first....or is abusive......or is an Orc.

I feel the same way
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Help the n00bs!

Your BG is bonehead but you see your opponent not moving the player in his TZ - tell him what this little yellow circle means.
Your opponent always try to hit your ball carrier, doesn't matter how much TZ he crooses to get him - tell him to be patient.
Your... and so on.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Be a good guy, put any ST5 elves you see out of their misery! It's all about team balancing - if you leave those abominations on the team, they'll hog all the SPPs leaving nothing for their poor team-mates. Same goes for AG5 orcs, chaos warriors, and AG4 bull centaurs, and also anything with a movement of 10 or more!

Probably these have already been mentioned ... but i like it when my opponent:
- never gives up - if there is a possible way to stop me scoring, even if it requires some silly dodges, I love to see it attempted (and it's even better when it works) - that goes especially for elves who sometimes have a habit of running away instead of trying to stop the TD.
- chooses to score extra TDs rather than pummelling my team into the ground. If it's obviously gonig to be an easy win, make some extra SPPs by scoring *twice* in the second half instead of just the usual one TD per half. The worst that can happen is that it ends up being a draw, and the game will be a lot more fun for me.
- uses the kick skill to kick the ball to my 5 SPP zombie on turn 8/16, allowing the possibility of getting the poor guy up to 6 SPPs.
- deliberately sets up weaker players in an attempt to make the game more even (and as an added bonus to earn some SPPs on them).

Jump to: