64 coaches online • Server time: 16:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhorneliusPraxx

Post 5 Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

When you start one it ask you for an end date but after that date the whole thing is displayed like it is active.

Do they actuallly end or do you have to DELETE the tournament info?

I started a group, just for people from my home town. I plan on restarting a round robin every month. This is just to be concidered "regular season" play. Jan 1st will start the annual knockout tourny. I would like to keep the monthly results available but if they never end it may seem like there is more than one tourney going on at a time.

My inexperience is showing...I know.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Round robins will automatically end as soon as all the games are played/forfeited. If you want to finish them early, just configure the forfeiting points to zero at the end of the season and forfeit the last couple of rounds manually.

Open round robins can also be ended before all games are played without deleting the tournament info (End tournament link underneath the round robin table).

I'm not sure what the end date is for - perhaps it automatically finishes it if not already finished on that date. Could also be how long its registered as a recent game on the group page. Someone else will probably know, but not something you need to know to get going, so just throw in a conservative date for now and get your mates started!
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2006 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I was restarting it every month to allow new teams to join and break up log jams. (games that are not getting played)

If I click forfeit it won't be treated like a conseeded match, will it?

Will it give teams win and loses or does it just say the game wasn't played?