19 coaches online • Server time: 00:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Redhammer_the_Old

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi my oldest team, the infamously bad Konkvaldahaz are really beaten up at the moment.
    4 niggled
    4 suffer from attribute damage
    3 are going to miss the next game

I am not sure whether this requires early retirement drive and rebuiliding process afterwards or not.

Also I have so far retired players to assistant coaches, is this really worth it.

THanks for your thoughts.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Phew: that team needs brutal pruning.

I would sack all the nigglers - but keep the -stat players for the moment. I would also dump at least one re-roll (maybe two) and <i>all</i> the Assistant Coaches.

This is going to leave you very short of players ... my own Dwarves, after their first game, found themselves down to 7 or 8 players for a while - expect not to even be able to dream of scoring, and to be picked on by teams who like nothing better than hitting a few dwarves who are down on their luck. Sad

But you are dwarves! You will survive and return all the stronger! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i'd definitely dump the assistant coaches, i don't think they're worth the extra tr they bring. At the moment you have a maximum of 10 players who can take the field next game, so if i were you i'd wait before firing the nigglers, and fire them when you have enough money to replace them. I'd have reservations about firing the +st niggled longbeard....
As for your next game, i'd suggest buying a fresh longbeard and firing the double niggled troll slayer and find some fan factor 20 elves to play Wink
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Assistant coaches are worth only for vampire (and squig herder) teams which are short on rerolls. Brilliant coaching is likely to occur in 16,7% kick off's. I don't know the average number of kick offs per half, but I would expect it about 2.0.
So with teams whose rerolls are very expensive, gambling for the coaching rerolls seems a fine alternative.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Number of Kick-offs per half tends to be very low when dwarves are playing. DEFINITELY lose the coaches.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Number of Kick-offs per half tends to be very low when dwarves are playing. DEFINITELY lose the coaches.

Excactly.
And dwarves have the cheapest rerolls anyway.
And your team has already 5, which should be enough.

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 15:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Drop ALL the coaches and a reroll now. Fire the double niggler and replace him with a rookie. Fire all the other nigglers after the next loss(game) when the missing are back. Then you may have a chance of survival.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning the coaches again: I like to keep a bunch of them with my halflings, since it combines with their tactic to drain the rerolls from the opponent Twisted Evil

Daddy_Thorg

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My advise: watch your next Game.

Fire double niggling Slayer: -21 TR
Fire niggling Blitzer: -15 TR
Fire niggling Slayer: -10 TR
Discard 3 Assistant Coaches: -3 TR
=TR 150
=> +20k Winnings in the next Game

Firing more players in order to get TR 125 doesn't make sense, because the Team gets too weak and won't get winnings for won games.
Keep the Assistant Coaches until you get a handcap roll if you would discard them.
In my oppinion keep the RR, they'l boost your chances of winning a Game.

Fire the -ma Runner when you can replace him.
Make 2 SPP with the -ma +st Longbeard and keep him if he doesn't gets a Niggling or -st.
Keep the niggling st+ Longbeard until you have a better niggling Player.
Keep the -av Longbeard, he only has a slightly higer chance of dying than the other Beards.

And in general: only discard Players, RR, or AC when you get higher winnings or handicaps in your next game.
Redhammer_the_Old

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

wow lots of feedback!

most helpful (although some a bit unconstructive and bossy). will get rid of the coaches, will drop some of the other guys as well...

somehow cannot fire poor Snorri though, as he is my only Star and it would be fluffy enough to send him into retirement yet...

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

personally i like having 1 assistant coach. i always like a +1 modifier on dice rolls, don't you? how often this helps u is directly proportionate to the number of TDs scored though...

fire the 2 niggling guy, and take it slowly... cages only need 5 dwarves Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

With your record on that team, you might want to consider being more choosy about your opponents in the near future, too. Perhaps you want to spend some time looking at other successful Dwarf teams' replays and watch how they play, and think about how you're playing your Dwarves. Maybe you can find some ways to improve your chances at winning games. Granted, I wouldn't expect too much from your team as they currently stand, but perhaps a few games from now...
Idolen

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

beaten up dorfs..... JIIIPPIIEEEEE.... Cool

I really don't have anything to add that haven't been said already, just glad to see an av9 team can get in the same chape my woodies seems to be in ALL the time.
Good luck recovering

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Redhammer_the_Old wrote:
somehow cannot fire poor Snorri though, as he is my only Star and it would be fluffy enough to send him into retirement yet...

but I really think he has too. buy longbeard until you have a healthy roster.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

my only suggestions is to buy longbeards when you hit 70k in GP, but if for some reason you hit 80k or even 90k get your positionals to replace your injured ones.

One of the biggest things for your dwarves is getting away from the injuries.