59 coaches online • Server time: 15:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
WHat to do with that money (100k)?
Buy Headsplitter (90k) 6 6 3 9 (Mighty-Blow Prehensive-Tail)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Buy Hakfleim (65k) 9 3 4 7 (dodge 2heads Extra-Arm Prehensive-Tail)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Burn it (i must know the feeling of burning the cash)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Remplace the Stormvermin
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Burminate them all (skaven only deserve warpstone cheese and fire)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keep it for another Reroll
73%
 73%  [ 17 ]
Fire a 40+ spp player who is not good enough
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Panda_

Post 22 Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the team Rats Menent, and they have already a full roster (except 1 thrower), and 4 Reroll is often enough. So if you consider that the team don't need that money i can hire a star or burn the cash.

Yes, i know that those 3 blank linerats are bad, but the precedents die (the kicker too). Experimenting them is difficult at that TR/TS, so i don't really know about them.

Another thing is that i don't have any good player. No +St, no vermin with claw, only 1 foul apparence, no Dauntless/Horn Gutter. And that makes me a pretty easy target for many teams. So i can fire a 40+ spp player with no game winning skill-combo in order to decrease the TR/TS. That team has the elf-play of skaven, but don't have that extra point of bash skaven usually have. Beginning new players might be easier to get some good doubles.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted to burn it but all your choices is good depending on your next opponent, except replacing the storm vermin.
(and if you feel 4 rerolls is enough, never save for another one, never buy something that you don't think are worth the TR/TS gain)
Curro

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d save for another rerroll, there´s too many unskilled players in the team (Rerroll burners). I don´t think burning it is a good idea, cause at that TR, they´re gonna die fast, and you´ll need to hire some more players.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.
veron

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd save for another RR myself, 5 is a good number for most of the teams IMO.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would fire the -AV linerat and then after the next game replace the Rat-Ogre.

Skaven don't really rely on lucky skill rolls to be competitive, but in the long run they can suffer from attrition if you fail to replace injured players early on.

The Strom Vermin are not THAT bad IMO. I'd rather get a Claw or something like that as their 3rd skill, instead of 1st.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I particulary plan on buying the Headsplitter. Because it means usefully more opponents lying on the floor, and then it's easier to get some linerats to 2 touchdown scored.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there Panda! You gave me some solid advice when my rats needed help, so now ill try to give you some advice. I think your team looks nice, the positional players look good, but i would sack the Ratogre and buy a new one when u have the cash for it. Then i would buy a 5:th reroll. In the meantime i would try to score with your linerats. I did when i had a big shortage of Gutterrunners, and it really payed off! My linerats are now the backbone of my team, all of them with 2 or 3 skills! And why would you even consider "buying" a starplayer? It will only scare off opponents, especially since you have a Dirty Player. Trust me, u can never have too much cash with a ratteam, sooner or later u have to replace the stars. Otherwice it looks very good, good luck mate!

And about the AV-1 linerat. Keep him! I ahve had a linerat with AV6, he only had kick and Foul appearance very long and just recently got Block. That FA is a lifesaver, your guy is good even with Av6
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys for all your advices. I've kept money and managed to face a similar opponent.

I scored 2 times with linerats (one got kick), but i only got 10k which bring me to 110k. So i will follow your advices well as it works really good. Specially yours SergeiBautin.

Yes that linerat with Foul Apparence, Block Tackle and 6AV is really good. Sure with 7av he would be best, but Foul Apparence really save his live several times.

And on one gutter runner i roll a double as skill. What to get ? I already have a Big Hand one, a Dauntless one (very experienced) and a 5ag. What to give him ?
  • Another Dauntless could be cool and i have more chance to have a Dauntless/Horns Gutter later.
  • Very Long Leg ? Humm i don't play too much the one turner thing and i have a 10ma gutter that can already do it.
  • Spikes, because i don't know what to give him, and survivability is good.
  • Claws ? No that's for a Vermin.
  • Jump Up, and i gwith the +Ag gutter they can form my 2 offensives gutters
  • Nerve of Steel is a good to do the same thing and enable pass-blocking later.
  • Two Heads, Extra Arm for more fun.
  • THere is also Foul Apparence which could be good too.

I would try the Spikes. Then keep money for a 5th reroll, then sack the Ogre as sergei points out.

Last edited by Panda_ on %b %09, %2006 - %14:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
flash

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

well, a horns gutter is always good, also nerves of steel makes him a good pass receiver. With spike he will maybe live longer, but av8 players are getting hurted too.

What about make him a "Defensive" Gutter? Give hime Foul Appearance. A Gutter is fast enough to stay around the ball - also with block / pass block as next skills he became really an annonying player

Sergei's Advice is good. Retire the nig Rat Ogre and buy a new one, so you can laugh about Virus Handicap Wink
ankkh

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a reroll, and replace the Rat Ogre. And I would take f.a. or dauntless for the gutter, depending on what kind of opposition you are playing (or planning to play against). Keep all trait linos until they develop big negatraits. Good luck!
Zarathustra

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Burns the Rat Ogre after your next match and rebuy him ^^; i don't like nigling ://
 Jump to: