13 coaches online • Server time: 05:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As a player of many online games, it is often likely that I'll be sitting at home enjoying an alcoholic beverage or five while playing. As a coach who realizes and accepts this, I tend to lean towards coaching races that:

- have linemen who can survive my mistakes
Dwarves are a natural choice here with AV 9. Undead and Necromantic work well with AV 8 plus Regen. Khemri almost fit, but the AV 7 results in a surprising number of skeletons being taken out.

- don't have negative traits on all the key players
Ogres seem like they would be a nice drunkard choice, but Bonehead all around makes me have to think harder on each player's move. Vampires as well force me to do more tactical thinking before being able to take an action with a key player.

- don't make me think too hard in general
I think this next statement may cause some lighthearted scholarly debate, but I feel that Elfbowl is more difficult to play than Bashbowl. Surely there is bashing in Elfbowl, but it tends to be focused in a limited area around the ball and the ball carrier's path. Excess blocks are often declined by dodging out to reform elsewhere on the pitch. As opposed to Bashbowl teams that win by gaining enough numerical player advantage to be able to move the ball safely. I feel that this is easier, since the priorities and targets are more straightforward.

So, I ask you, my fellow drunkard coaches: what races do you recommend for coaching while being drunk?
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos. They all basically move the same speed. You rarely have to worry about finding an assist when blitzing. AG is even across the board so all can try for the ball. And AV 8-9 is good enough.

Plus you can spend many quality hours quaffing from your mug and trying to decide which Big Guy to eventualy add to your roster Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Or... or orcs!! as they are good all the way up the TR/TS ladder and doesnt take a lot of skills to coach:)
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings. Definitely the best choice for drunken coaching (or any other kind of coaching for that matter). And to keep things simple, follow Mac's example and leave the trees out of it. With flings, you don't even have to worry about tackle zones when you're dodging, and every block is 2d against, so there's no need to worry too much about that either Very Happy

pac

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse: they respond very well when you demand the impossible of them, and are fond of a tipple themselves.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

pfft....play stunty drunk....

it makes the usual "laugh out loud" carnage even that much better Smile

--j

ImageImage
MattDFan

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos dwarfs. I have a team that I only use when I'm drunk. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=169819 They have an OK record.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

A skeleton team!!!

Believe me, you don't expect anything from these players and they will surprise you by fantasic moves you would like to make with your elf team! Wink
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I like playing my wood elves while drunk. Makes for very interesting games. Also for some reason I seem to get the worlds strangest luck while playing under the influence
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty, really easy choice!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings in Stunty. Put some good music (Metallica's version Die, die, die my darling...), and every time a player dies or is injured just say "Here's to his memory!" and have a beer. And as they have regeneration, you won't run out of those little things too soon.

Or then play snotlings, it's even more fun that way.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I always start a dark elf team whilst loaded. I think I enjoy running them into things that rip them to pieces horribly.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Orcs

I think a nice variant on the zombie team would be the Orc Lino team that takes DP on every first skill (barring doubles). Granted, they are more expensive and don't regenerate, but they're easy to play. With AV9 you can hardly go wrong. Smile
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically anything with high AV, lots of Block, average to high STR and lots of Guard. Sure hands and DPs are an added bonus.

Orc, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos, Lizardmen (but only if you know how stunty guys work), Undead. Possibly also Norse and Amazons if they got some DPs.
 Jump to: