23 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Squaq

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2003 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It was suggested that there should be a challenge system. Basically im againt such a system. But how do you then encourage people to play "up" (against higher Str teams)?

Personally i dont mind playing up, if I win you get this cool feeling of being a real BB-badass. The problem is that the feeling doesnt last that long, and the risk you take can be fatal...
"yeah i won but my three best players are dead Confused "
While the other player thinks:
"ohh well i lost but there was good spp's in it and nobody will know that i sucked anyway"

Here I think is the answer. Extend the good feeling somehow!? Let people know that your a dare devil and you are good at it or let (not my favorite) people know that you suck.

Here some might say that this is the coachrating im refering to, - well yeah in a way. But the coach rating is flawed. ie. a goblincoach will never get a high coachrating.

How can we extend that feeling? Should we?
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a challenge system for the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. Sign up for the group if you're interested (that may encourage me to sort out my rules a little quicker). I was thinking about awarding points according to the TR differences and scores of the matches. I'm still debating max# of challenges per week or taking your best one. It will probably resemble a league, but there will be a championship match and some nifty prizes. More to come at a later date.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.changesurfer.com/
 Jump to: