44 coaches online • Server time: 14:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, Solomon. It's good in a lot of situations, especially if it's a 4 MA Troll in the middle. Maybe I play my flings too often, but I like to avoid a bash-fest in the middle.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to play flings myself...if I can ever get myself to let go of caring about my players! I hate it when I worry like that, because then I play scared and make stupid mistakes.

Sure it's just a game, but I like to be good at what I do! Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing flnigs has helped me a lot, actually, in my general play. You think a lot more about what is possible for "normal" guys when you are short (pardon the pun) on spectacular players. They're even better without Trees!

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Straith, I will tell you what, another idea would be to count out the squares and make a sheet (preferable posterboard) where you can move representations of players around. That way, you can move both sides as you need to to work out your strategies/tactics. An actual field/board and models would be best because then you could measure out ranges and so forth for passes, but I know you dont have access to that so copies would be the next best thing.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
pac wrote:
They don't make you all learn French in Canada then? Is it just Quebec where both languages are obligatory?

Quebec is a French speaking province. The only bilingual province in Canada is New Brunswick. Still, both French and English are official languages and you're required to be fluent in both, if you're aiming to achieve a position high up. At least that's the impression I got while I was in Canada.

I think thats a load of crap. but then again, eastern canadians have a totally different mentality than western canadians. I've know a grand total of 5 people in the vancouver area who were fluent in french throughout my life. and in every case they were either of french/quebecois background and their families taught them both languages, or they simply were from quebec and spoke very broken english.
The only reason you need to be bilingual to go into federal politics is because since the dawn of canada our federal politicians have asskissed the quebecois because thats where a large portion of the vote is. and what do they get in return? an ungrateful province that takes more tax money than they give and tries to separate from us.
Zarkhor

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Straith wrote:
Thanks, but I don't speak French. Is there an english version of this?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Paste the link supplied into the space under "Translate a Web page". The page translates pretty well, not that the page itself says much that you won't figure out for yourself after your first dozen games of Blood Bowl.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Spaceman_Spiff wrote:
Optihut wrote:
pac wrote:
They don't make you all learn French in Canada then? Is it just Quebec where both languages are obligatory?

Quebec is a French speaking province. The only bilingual province in Canada is New Brunswick. Still, both French and English are official languages and you're required to be fluent in both, if you're aiming to achieve a position high up. At least that's the impression I got while I was in Canada.

I think thats a load of crap. but then again, eastern canadians have a totally different mentality than western canadians. I've know a grand total of 5 people in the vancouver area who were fluent in french throughout my life. and in every case they were either of french/quebecois background and their families taught them both languages, or they simply were from quebec and spoke very broken english.
The only reason you need to be bilingual to go into federal politics is because since the dawn of canada our federal politicians have asskissed the quebecois because thats where a large portion of the vote is. and what do they get in return? an ungrateful province that takes more tax money than they give and tries to separate from us.

We have a place for people like you. Where you can roam free in your Randian paradise. It's called Alberta. And, as you can't speak french, you won't mind if I take your share of easy quebecoise, do you?
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Have at 'er, bud. I got no use for the language whatsoever out here. It's be more practical for me to learn chinese or punjab than french because then i could read some of the store signs in surrey/vancouver
Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

People who speak french have always been intellectually superior to those who speak only english. It's a well known fact.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

of course thats only your OPINION.
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
http://fredweb.chez-alice.fr/def.php

Got around to reading through this: it should be noted by anyone who doesn't read the language that at least one of the set-ups listed there ('3-7-1 - Le Parapluie de Nuln') is intended as an example of what <i>not</i> to do! Laughing

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Spaceman_Spiff wrote:
Have at 'er, bud. I got no use for the language whatsoever out here. It's be more practical for me to learn chinese or punjab than french because then i could read some of the store signs in surrey/vancouver

Being from Vancouver, I also have a bit of an issue with people who chose to learn neither of our official languages. But then, I never go to Surrey Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

People in BC...... nah, I'm not going to start....... Let's just say, most of the world think Western Canada extends East of the Rockies....

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hey ive a friend moving to manitober! maybe you know the guy who sold the farm to him mac? my friend is irish, male, pretty tall, slightly bald, not quiet or not loud.... surely you know him?
Straith

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I used the following formation against Voorn with great effect

OOOX|XOOXOOX|XOOO
OXOO|XOXOXOX|OOXO
OOOO|OOOOOOO|OOO

This formation allowed me to run a lot of my guys around and behind his line to intercept his ball carrier before he could make it to the LOS or get better defense in his backfield.
 Jump to: