22 coaches online • Server time: 02:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lindwurmschlaefer

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Has there ever been a fairness rating at fumbbl?

When i look at the team roster or at the coach info, i can see all about the team and the wins and loses of my opponent, but i can't see how the team "behaves".
I say team, because a good coach plays all his teams a different way.

I would like to play every kind of team, but i do not know if my opponent plays a "fair" way.

We know that there can be no discussions about rules, but some ways of playing need to be talked about.

For example:
I have nothing against some blocks (and a foul) before finally the ball carrier enters the TDZ at the end of the turn.
But being beaten up for more than 3 turns is not funny in any way, while the opponents ball carrier waits shortly before the TDZ until short before the half ends.

I would suggest to invent a rating for the teams which is decided after the match. This rating should go from nice and tricky to brutal and fouling.

Until such rating is invented - what should i do about brutal and fouling opponents? Conceding should not be the only way to save my team from extinction.

Thanks for suggestions or help.

Last edited by lindwurmschlaefer on %b %12, %2006 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

and how would this intriguing rating system work ?

(interested as a game designer, not because I support or object to such a system)

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I object. Please take a few days off work and read the 8917 posts on the roll of fouling. I have never had a team go "extinct" though I have twice had games where I ran out of players on the field (on was with my dwarves).

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you serious?

If so, you may want to think about playing a different game before deep seeded aggravation sets in.

Or.... search and read the forum threads on Fouling and Stalling. After a year has passed reading the 10,000 posts you can consider your next steps.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn Mcav you frigging troll. I give credit to Splutticus for being the 1st to beat you to a post.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it should work like a poll, and every player against can have a vote.

i would also suggest that every coach should have the opportunity to delete votes he doesn't like.
this should be done to categorize the team - not to say the coach is a bad and evil person - to say that this team plays normally this way.
and having played many games, but having no votes would'nt create much trust about the way the team plays.

don't know how to create the second - but to create a poll at the end of the match and inserting this in a statistic should be possible.
(don't know much about programming)
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

lindwurmschlaefer wrote:
i think it should work like a poll, and every player against can have a vote.

i would also suggest that every coach should have the opportunity to delete votes he doesn't like.
this should be done to categorize the team - not to say the coach is a bad and evil person - to say that this team plays normally this way.
and having played many games, but having no votes would'nt create much trust about the way the team plays.

don't know how to create the second - but to create a poll at the end of the match and inserting this in a statistic should be possible.
(don't know much about programming)

welcome to a new chapter of abuse- and grief-o-rama Very Happy

wouldn't work and wouldn't hold my breath for it waiting to get implemented

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Splutticus wrote:

i fell like being on the playing field...

aren't there any "rules" about polite behavior in the forum?

i just suggested about a way to kategorize the way a team plays - i would also be happy about a comment to the team and their "behavior". some do this, but not all.

but my question was also what can i do about this.
is the only way to play some matches against chaos or such teams, to play them in real life?

and sorry that i havent read all the posts...
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The whole point of the set-up on Fumbbl, is that you can accept or refuse any game. Play my no-tree flings if you don't want your team destroyed...

I don't know, maybe I'm totally missing your question....

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just check their last ten games and see if anyone has posted anything. Read the comments - Digest said text and decide if you want to play them. Easy really.
lindwurmschlaefer

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dooby wrote:
Just check their last ten games and see if anyone has posted anything. Read the comments - Digest said text and decide if you want to play them. Easy really.
thats a good suggestion. thanks (really)

hope the other doesn't mind if i write - "just a moment, reading the last comments of your games you played."

thats what i mean. "translating" the comments into a simple kategorization, so you can see the way of playing in just a moment.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

well you are sick about stalling. Bad luck, that technique is common and widely used. :/

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

lindwurmschlaefer wrote:
I would suggest to invent a rating for the teams which is decided after the match. This rating should go from nice and tricky to brutal and fouling.

They don't call it BLOOD Bowl for nothing ya know.

If you can't take the heat, be sure to play 'flings and elves and you should be a-ok.

*yawn*
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

i just suggested about a way to kategorize the way a team plays - i would also be happy about a comment to the team and their "behavior". some do this, but not all.

After a coach offers you a game/ or before you challenge another coach :

Step #1 - look at the coaches BIO, check out average CAS per game - anything over 2.5 is worrisome "red flags". Unless the coach has many stunty teams, this is warning #1

Step #2 - look at CAS per game for individual team you are playing. Again anything over 2.5 is worrisome "red flags".

Step #3 - look for any comments from recent games. Negative T16 comments or such = "red flags".

If you have 2 or more red flags play at your own risk. Usually takes me 2 mins to check this out before accepting a game. Two minutes before is quite worth the possible pain of 90 minutes after.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

lindwurmschlaefer wrote:
Lord_Splutticus wrote:

i fell like being on the playing field...

aren't there any "rules" about polite behavior in the forum?

You misundertand Lord S's post. He's not insulting you at all. He's saying that your system would only lead to (even more) grievances and abuse between coaches. I can see it now:

"I'm voting you a 1 for fairness in that game!"
"What for?"
"You crowdpushed when you didn't have to!"
"That was tactical! It was my best option to score! What about your turn 15 foul? That was irrelevant to the play!"
"That was because ..."

We get enough of this stuff as it is without making it formal and official.

Different coaches have different ideas about what is fair and what is foul in this game.

Jump to: