82 coaches online • Server time: 21:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Have had my CD team for a little bit, and was wondering how long I should wait to get a Big Guy... I know its only early days but I hear alot of talk about Big Guys just being a liability and not worth the TR.

I intend on getting my second Cow before I choose which BG to get but was considering just leaving them out altogether...

Also if I was to get one, what would people recommend?

I think my style of play would favour a Troll (as I go with the roadblock style of caging and blocking of others) but a Mino might compliment a cage busting style and be a bit more flamboyant...

Check my team out http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=228049

and let me know where you think i should take it.

KingofFighters
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

p.s. Did you see my Hobgoblin! He obviously had no place in my idea for the team... After block where should I take him?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2657507

Cheers
sothys

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

bloody wankers the lot of them.
Big guys are not worth it, 1/3 of your fights they will make a difference, and act for your team like where it a 12player team. 1/3 of the games they will Dskull you to hell and in general fail to move, making your team a 10 player team. the last 1/3 of the games they spend in the injury box while the oppoment dances around cheering a dirty player with blood on his boot
GooseIAm

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

sothys wrote:
bloody wankers the lot of them.
Big guys are not worth it, 1/3 of your fights they will make a difference, and act for your team like where it a 12player team. 1/3 of the games they will Dskull you to hell and in general fail to move, making your team a 10 player team. the last 1/3 of the games they spend in the injury box while the oppoment dances around cheering a dirty player with blood on his boot

I disagree. As soon as they get guard they become very valuable indeed. Just plug them in the line and then don't worry about them. I just use them to tie people up and very rarely select them let alone throw blocks.
Nalavara

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with GooseIAm and if i was you KingofFighters i woud go the mino.....and if by luck you get a double on a skill roll, take tentacles, then he will be a real nuisance. As for After Dinner Mint, block next for sure, unless you get another +st Cool

Last edited by Nalavara on %b %16, %2006 - %09:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nalavara wrote:
I agree with GooseIAm and if i was you KingofFighters i woud go the mino.....and if by luck you get a double on a skill roll, take tentacles, then he will be a real nuisance.

If you do take a Mino and get a double - definitley use it on block. It's so worth it for any Big Guy.

And Mino does add some additional variety to the brilliant CD team in the form of Frenzy. Just don't blitz with him too often - he's great for crowdpushes, though.
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a troll

big guys really makes a diffrence in cd,teams
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a TROLL would be better because using Mino's means I HAVE to blitz with him to make him useful most of the time.

I dont know...

And block would always be my first double choice (or pro always a good option).
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro might make sense for Big Guys who do a lot of TTM, but if not then Block.
soren72

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer a mino for two reasons. Most important; they don't loose tackle zone when they fail their roll. Second they can get mutations. This is not that important, but when you roll that second double... Very Happy First one always goes to block.

BTW check out this nice one: Black Diamond

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
angelface

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is untrustworthy, so if any of your actions is based on the idea of "no matter if I fail, I have pro" then your turnover is for granted. Pro on a troll is for rerolling 3d blocks, not more.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found that the best use for big guys in CD teams is the fact that you can field one hobgoblin less, thus improving your team's staying power on the field. In light of that fact, I choose the bigguy with the better AV, which is the troll.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

angelface wrote:
Pro is untrustworthy, so if any of your actions is based on the idea of "no matter if I fail, I have pro" then your turnover is for granted. Pro on a troll is for rerolling 3d blocks, not more.

or rerolling really stupid, or rerolling double skulls/both down on an 2D-block. Pro makes it safer to do 2D-blocks in the end of your turn. Instead of a turnover 1 out of 9 blocks (~11%), you'd get turnovers 5 out of 81 blocks (~6%), the chances are much lower with block of course. I'd also pick block before pro almost any day.
And I still wouldn't use my BG (except if he was a Mino, which I generally dont like) for anything (blocking) if he was tieing up an important opponent player, he could go stupid Smile
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

With big guys on a CD team definately go for a troll. With the higher AV and the regen he's much less likely to get injured and as you usually don't want your big guys to do anything other then tying up opponents and getting hit the durability is the most important. You really don't want to spend your blitz (usually most important action of the turn) on a big guy that fails 1 in 6 times.
angelface

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
or rerolling really stupid, or rerolling double skulls/both down on an 2D-block. Pro makes it safer to do 2D-blocks in the end of your turn.

I was talking about purposive uses, not the letsblockoncemore turn ending or so. Beginning your turn with a big guy is still risky even with pro, as is performing any vital action in your game plan. You simply cant base anything on bg's.
 Jump to: