29 coaches online • Server time: 08:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mordachai

Post 13 Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to request the luck-o-meter to be taken away, or fixed so it takes into account more than it does now. It has never been correct for me and it really bugs me when it shows 64% in a match where all the critical rolls have failed... time and again.

Double skull, RR, Double skull... no change...

Please, take it away!!!
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

put some tape over the spot Razz

if you donĀ“t like the way it works now, ignore it or - even better - make up a better solution. We all know that the luck-o-meter is way off most of the time, but until someone comes up with a better system... well there are more important things to settle first (like bombs for Bomber, YARRR).

Cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can tell the luck meter does not take into account linked and conditional probabilities. (eg failing a 4 in 6 chance roll using successful pro = 2/6 x 1/2 x 2/6)
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I have seen, it doesn't take into account the first roll at all if you rr it. (First block in match - double skull, rr, pow, luck 100%)

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say that it is a good idea.

I have always people saying that they have lost because of bad luck. They take the poucentage as reference.... Stupid.....

Don't hide your bad way of playing behind luck....

Very Happy Cool
deneb
Kri

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Mordachai is only complaining because it hurts his image. He can no longer complain on bad luck when he loses as he does IRL.

Hehe Wink
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

take a look here first. And then here. Those are two discussion about the luck-o-meter.

Cheers

Jump to: