67 coaches online • Server time: 20:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to buy for my team?
Catcher
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Thrower
18%
 18%  [ 15 ]
Re-Roll
60%
 60%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 80

Drud

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, my Wood Elf Team has it's 2 WD's, the Tree and 2 Rerolls, what should I buy next, a catcher, a thrower or a reroll?

The team plays in Grudge League, so I can't choose my opponents and play all races.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

RR. And get thrower next, I'd say. Agile teams need a truly reliable thrower. Depends on your next couple of games, though. Planning ahead with an AV7 team is always a gamble Razz
Drud

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My next game is vs a pretty weak Dark Elf Team, if I win that one, I'm in the playoffs of the tournament and have no idea who I'll meat (most likely not many bashing teams, but higher TR teams).
Brad

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd agree with RedFish, grab the RR while you have the cash. As your TR goes up, your income will plummet and you'll never afford more RRs whilst trying to keep up replacing casualties. Then definately a Thrower - Everyone on the team can catch the thing - especially with those extra RRs

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

All my own thoughts have been verified up untill now... I'll probably get the reroll.
Keep voting and convince me further Smile
I'll check back later tonight...
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Reroll. In general I'd say Catchers are more important than throwers.
Curro

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Rerroll and go for catchers then.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I only read the question in topic, not the poll options, thought the third option was "I like pie" or something stupid like that and voted thrower. Get the 3rd reroll first though!
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

At this point of the game, the Tree is bothering you. You could really have a better team without him. And buying him later.

Back to topic, you should get a Reroll. Because with 7 Ma you can already move deep in the opponent field. Which will make you skill your linos. Good elfs teams are the ones with the better linos.

At 110 Tr you should get a thrower because he will skill less than the Catchers, then later (maybe 120) you would buy a catcher. The thrower first he is really needed to keep the ball in security. THEN a catcher because he would keep most of SPP for him, and the first skill is only 2 touchdown which are really easy.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

That team has too many players ... uninjured ones as well. Play something nasty: toughen them up! Very Happy

Edit: Oh, and you shouldn't have either - play nasty things, then the tricky decision of whether to buy such luxuries as Catchers and Throwers should never arise! Smile

Last edited by pac on %b %19, %2006 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I really come to love my DE throwers with safe throw. It gives you so many possiblities. Sadly, all of them died...
Well, get that reroll, then a thrower, and you might even consider to fire a player, depends on what teams you´ll face in the play offs.
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood Elves never need throwers. Get a catcher, when everyone moves atleast 7 and can toss a quick pass when every you need it, get a catcher. I am certain that the longest pass you will ever have to make is short with the speed of a catcher.
Canales

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Moxy wrote:
Wood Elves never need throwers. Get a catcher, when everyone moves atleast 7 and can toss a quick pass when every you need it, get a catcher. I am certain that the longest pass you will ever have to make is short with the speed of a catcher.
I agree with Moxy. Catchers are more useful than Throwers, since they can play defense. Besides, the thrower will hog all those spp unnecessarily. I usually wait to have two or three catchers before hiring the thrower. My 2 cents.
nourglis

Post 18 Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrower THOWER!

Your Wd is fast and can act as the catcher. The thrower will allow you to move deep with your team and keep the ball safe at the back - then throw to whoever can score. Pass is hard at a distance and the thrower is the only one who can take T skills. Catcher would be useful but the catch skill can be substituted with a reroll and the high movement is there already (WD).

Rerolls are good and very useful (I have 6 for my woody team!) but most of the woodool skills are rerolls anyway. You need the rerolls for the pick up or the GFI (block?) but if you have pass, you catch on a 2+ anyway (assuming you are not dead by then).

Hehe.

nourglis
p.s.: My win:lose ratio is 1:1 (DOH!). I play only woodols. Twisted Evil
Pjotor

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

no it's 9:14 with "woodols"
 Jump to: