93 coaches online • Server time: 22:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How would you run a non serious fun tourny of BB 7's here on FUMBBL?

A] In unranked Laughing
B] 7 players on each side

what other rules could be used, obviously the board isnt the same size, it would be cool to do the roll after players skill up to see if they move off to a pro BB team, then again, it wouldnt have to be official BB 7's could be something totally diffeent lol
likely to be an open league, with playoffs at the end of the season, maybe a mini KO or two in the middle?

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %20, %2006 - %11:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmmmm no team rerolls might be interesting, but playar rerolls (catch, dodge, pro) might make it interesting, and crazy! maybe even trying to encourage skills like Dump Off would be cool
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like fun. We should try to make it as close to BB7s as possible,(no spp, roll each time a player skills up, maybe the two diff center lines?), that game was a blast
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In Ranked? Are you sure? Because I'm pretty certain that would be against the rules of the division or am I missing something here?

Other than that I have no creative in-put what so ever Wink
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun if it was in Unranked.

You could allow a single reserver (maybe additional freebooters to covers MNG's).

Also, if the team total was 8 (7 players + reserve), you could halve the allowable players per the roster.

Would be very tough for the bashers to stop the else and skaven though, who would thrive with the extra space.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe non of the players with a cost of 100.000gp or above in addition to halving the positionals. That way Wardancers, Werewolves and such wouldn't dominate the game. I'm not sure if this would eliminate some rosters as a viable option (Dark Elves spring to mind) but otherwise you end up with some teams completely dominating. Maybe just ban players above 100.000.

I realise this would still render several rosters useless but this is BB7 - the amature league - and background wise there are hardly any of the good players that would a) Put their foot on the field. b) Be within price range of any amature teams in the first place.

Probably ban wizards as well as they wouldn't get anywere near these poor beggers.
And Star players of course...
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

lol i meant unranked lol, i know about the carry on with the divz and 4v4 wannabe league hehe, meant to write unranked Razz

yeah no star players were in the original BB7 rules, wizards may have been, not sure... a BB7 league might be the perfect place to start practicing for a budding wizard, also sine you cant buy TRR, you need to blow that cash off somewhere! Flings master chef is OK I would think, any fumbbl race would be allowed perhaps? or just LRB?

i can still see a khemri team with 4 mummies, 2 blitzra and a throwra doing quite well hehe

TRR arent allowed, so many mishaps will happen, will also need to have a maxFF of say..... 5 as its an amateur league? if you win rr in game thats fine too, mvp hoggage will also be slightly less so less mvp hogs Razz
Drud

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ehhh... no TRR, but halflings chef is fine? ... Aye?

Sounds like a lot of fun though.
annachie

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You could try limiting the positional players by makeing every team have 3 lineman types.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, if it's half positionals, maybe start with half cash too.

50 TR to begin, with No rerolls and FF5 or under, Elves would be 7 lineman and FF1
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Would be very tough for the bashers to stop the else and skaven though, who would thrive with the extra space.

...and the lack of re-rolls doesn't bother elves much.
On the other hand if you manage to knock a couple of players out...

Mind if I ask what the heck BB7 is?

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The official BB7's are played on a smaller field. That wouldn't work in the client.

Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

And also, you'd have to have only 600k to spend on your roster, then sack/remove the other 400k. Otherwise you get more to spend than in the BB7 Rules
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but its gonna be hard to do, if i had some java skill id try a java bb7's client, but i only do vb.net! Very Happy still it would be a nice parody of it, doesnt need to follow it by the book, but if people were only wanting to play if it strictly followed the rules, then so be it Wink
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

BB7 is great for a quick tournament of BB in the pub or casual drinking, actually we have some house rules added to it so we're calling it pub blood bowl.
 Jump to: