61 coaches online • Server time: 15:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Panda_

Post 18 Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Here is the Rats Menent. After bypassing several obstacles, they together form now a good team. And i got 3 skills that will help them a lot.

You can check the Team:
  • Good FF (17),
  • Roster Full (2 Vermins 1 Thrower, 4 Gutters, 7 Linerats, 1 new RO will remplace the current one after choosing the skills),
  • Every player has one or more skill, and have potential.

But here is the subject of my post: I got 3 skills on 3 key players.
  1. The thrower Rat Eaux is already good. He already has many passing skills.
    7 3 4 7
    Accurate Pass SafeThrow SureHand +Ag

He rolls a double 6.
    • +ST. With this he could follow the path of Bobo Ballista: He will be one of the best passers by surviving longer thanks to his high strengh.
    • or get StrongArm to become better at passing, but his survivability don't increase.

2. The second is one long time player of the team, i name Herbert Von Ka'Rat'Yann the skilled gutter runner.
    9 2 4 7
    Block Dodge Tackle Sidestep
    Dauntless

He rolled a normal skill. What to give him. I've my opinions but i won't ask you.
    • Diving Tackle Combines really well with Blodge and Tackle
    • Shadowing makes wonders with Blodge Tackle
    • StripBall Could is mervelous with Dauntless
    • Others suggestions are welcomed but i won't list them all.

3. The last one is the unknow vermin named Cas Rat "Bin" rolled a double.
    7 3 3 8
    Block Tackle Guard

So the opportunities for him are:
    • Claw is a good choice. But maybe this player will participe to scare Elf-Teams away. It could be a real pain for us, because our most easy opponent are the Elf teams.
    • StandFirm is a strong option too, especially to combine with Guard/
    • Spikes is the funny choice to make him "invincible"
    • Horns is sometimes really good to punch holes in defences. A good choice that i forgot first, shame on me.

So what do you fans think of it ?

The First and most easy answer for me is the thrower. I'm asking you peoples for confirmation, or a alternative that i can hear from here. I would choose the +ST

The Second (gutter Runner) is really tricky.

To the Third choice, i would have choosed Claw, but i need you elf players to tell me if you are scared to play against such teams ?

PS: The entire team should be famous because every name (which include the team name) is play on French word.
PS2: The post may not be enough clear to read. Any advices for the coachs following you read something better ?

Last edited by Panda_ on %b %20, %2006 - %19:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

1. ST, it helps in lots of ways... /me cries over mydead ST 4 Human thrower...

2. Shadowing.

3. SF, as you said, combining with guard it's awesome!

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
1. ST, it helps in lots of ways... /me cries over mydead ST 4 Human thrower...

2. Shadowing.

3. SF, as you said, combining with guard it's awesome!

I'm more and more surprised by you. I made the Spike Choice only for you Macavity !

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

1 - take the +ST...you've already got a +2 on throws, with the accurate/+AG increase...the only catch is...ST4 is going to make him a bigger target than he already is...so while the ST4 makes him an blocking threat after dumping the ball, use him sparingly, to prevent getting him into positions where his lack of block is going to get him hurt....

2 - shadowing is a sweet option....sidestep/shadowing with a high MA player is so freaking obnoxious...especially when combined with blodge, the secondary option being strip ball....i almost recommend every team having a high MA strip baller just to throw a monkey wrench into coach's plans

3 - depending on your rolling...i'd almost say tentacles...tents are such a sick skill, and having one on your team can do a lot to screw with your opponent...claw is always nice, started taking them on my chaos team, and have never regretted the choice....does well to put sick players in their spot, and keep them under control a little more....and then there's stand firm which is arguably the most obnoxious skill in the game, to ahve to defend against....nothing says 'screw you' to an opponent more than SF Smile...that's a hell of a touch choice to be honest....nice team btw Smile

--j

ImageImage
Voorn

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually agree with Macavity.
I remember my old strength 4 skaven thrower with accurate, block and the rest reg that comes with them. They are great and with the addition of +1 agi anyways, you dont really need the accurate skill as you will usually only miss on a 1 with a pass rr anyways.
Dauntless on the gr is good espially with his high movement rate to help along his other skills.
Stand firm on the last is, as has already been pointed out, great with the gaurd skill and comes in handy the rest of the time too. Especially for plugging holes on sidelines without having to worry bout crowdpushes.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Always take +ST ! For the vermin, I'd also consider Horns. It's good for punching holes through the line.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wrote:
Always take +ST ! For the vermin, I'd also consider Horns. It's good for punching holes through the line.

Oh yes, i forgot to put that into the poll. It should be seriously considered.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST for thrower (definatly!!), diving tackle for gutter and claw for vermin
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

But doesn't the claw scare elvish players ?

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SF over Claw, then get Spikes on the next doubles, plant him where you will, and he'll never be moved or removed!

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. I go with +ST and shadowing for the first 2.
The last one is really tricky. I claws is nice and one claw might not be enough to scare away elves. Besides I think that with a skaventeam you`d want 1 hitter. You already have a dauntless guy, so this is ruled out. I`m not much of a fan of SF, because usually my opponent gets the POW, when he needs to remove him, but it is nice. I was really toying with the idea of frenzy, because it was a great thing on humans, but humans have lots more guard around, which increases the usefulness of frenzy by a huge amount. Tentacles are not that bad, but in my experience it`s not really worth it on a ST3 player, not really because you don`t hold them, but because every elf can 1d/block him.

FA is always a nice one - keeping him more alife than spikes IMO. Prehensil tail would be another choice - with his guard you want him to stick in a scrum anyways and there he is a real bitch to dodge away from.

I guess I would go either with claw or with FA on this one.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST, Shadow, Claw
Drud

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
+ST, Shadow, Claw

Seconded
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST, Diving Tackle, Horns.

The number of elven teams who offered to play my rats dropped drastically after I got a single claw. Probably won't do that again. For strategic removals, a DP is better then a single claw anyway.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would get the St for the thrower. My Bobo Ballista hasnt been hurt at all since he got it, despite his AV5. I love him!
The gutter is a tricky one. Strip ball is my choice for the GR i think. Shadow is nice, but he is more of a blitzer, keep him that way.
Now for the tricky one. I had a MB Claw vermin on my team, niggled so i sacked him. I got rather amny matches agains elves and such despite of that. And Skaven MUST have som punchingpower. Think of all the Werewolves, Orcs and such that are out there *shivers*. Id go for claw, or the SF. SF is sickeningly good!

Jump to: