60 coaches online • Server time: 23:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill for this fellow?
Accurate
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Block
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Dodge
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Guard
75%
 75%  [ 45 ]
Other ...
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 60

Curro

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I say guard.

PS.- Bleh! Late as allways. He did choose leader.
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

weird people :S
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

This has probably already been said, but:

taking guard gives you a guy that will be a bit out of the action to start with, and can be placed where you need him (you should pretty much never be putting guard elves on the LoS when you're kicking anyway).

Leader is prolly worth considering too. reroll for cheap, and eventually when you get enough RRs, he'll probably be gone.

Topper

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

actually the odds to make a cas with a 2d block, where the attacker got block is:

2,12% on a blodge av7
1,41% on a blodge av8

3,85% on a block av7
2,57% on a block av8

5,21% on a no skill av 7
3, 47% on a no skill av 8
bbdarkelf

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Since most people here doesnt seem to understand your strategy playing Wood Elves, leaving this guy far back and away from harm... i wouldnt go for guard or mighty blow (but i do agree that guard on linos for elves are incredible good -playing a dark elf team myself)... this guy sweeps back in both offense and defense, so the accurate can be good for offense, leader or pro for both offense and defense... but since he end up like a ball carrier, sweeping and waiting, i would consider Nerves of Steel (if thats possible to chose in this guy), than you have a super-mobile ball carrier at ur back, that can easily move into enemy TZ and still make the pass up front. The next double skill-roll could be accurate/pass/strong arm, all to increase his offensive powers more.

If you go into defensive mode, perhaps strip ball or pass block could be good choices, letting your player be a pain in the ass for teams going through the defensive line.
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
taking guard gives you a guy that will be a bit out of the action to start with, and can be placed where you need him (you should pretty much never be putting guard elves on the LoS when you're kicking anyway).

Yeah: I wouldn't even put one on the LoS if I was receiving (at least not if I only had 1).

BTW, I'd much rather have got the double on a Block or Dodge lino, or on a first skill: then I could've taken the Guard without thought! Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yah, one final thing... i said accurate/pass/strong arm as next... i would of course rather chose safe throw in connection with nerves of steel, since he will be pushing into enemy TZ to make the pass!!!
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

bbdarkelf wrote:
Oh yah, one final thing... i said accurate/pass/strong arm as next... i would of course rather chose safe throw in connection with nerves of steel, since he will be pushing into enemy TZ to make the pass!!!

Sure!
We roll doubles 9 times a day.
On the same lino.
bbdarkelf wrote:
Since most people here doesnt seem to understand your strategy playing Wood Elves

Strong arm on a lino! You dont even know the skill tree. Dont speak about tactics. Wink
bbdarkelf

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yups... as i said, if its even possible to chose those skills.... i have no idea of what skills go to which players, hehehehe, but i do see his situation... and believe suggesting guard compared to this particular players role in the team is a poor choice.

After all, i dont have to know the skill tree to develop good players that fulfill each other in a team.... and to set up a tough defense and fast offense making my team hard to beat.... right?

But i do get your point.. hehehehe... Very Happy
veron

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I often take Leader if a lineman in one of my elf teams rolls doubles early on. I have never regretted the choice either. It usually takes time before an elf team can afford to buy the third and fourth RRs, and hey, we all know how bad they need 'em. Honestly, if you have a beginning elf team and less then 4RRs, how often you end a half with unspent RRs?

Good choice, pac!
 Jump to: