38 coaches online • Server time: 12:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What fascinates me about this thread is everybody is working from the assumption that Necros are a bashy team. I admit, with the slow speed of the FGs and zombies, it's hard to play them as an agility team, but why not? Are they SO short on catcher types? Couldn't you get a Wight with a single double - Accurate - and use both Ghouls and WWs for catching the ball?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

What I can't believe is how people keep saying Flesh Golems suck. I think they are awesome. They are basically Black Orc Blockers who have rolled doubles on their first skill.

Generally I would have to agree that Necroes are a difficult team to balance, and that they tend to peak at lower TR.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Imerikol wrote:
Undead and khemri are going to see a HUGE nerf in that mummies will no longer have G access and may also be getting Loner (the vault version of Big Guy). This cuts right to a core strength of these teams, especially khemri. I'd much rather have an FG with GS access than a mummy with just S access and Loner ...

Fairly certain that the Mummies won't be getting Loner: there were enough howls of protest over G access. There was an option for there being a split, with Khemri having 'Tomb Kings' (S access only), and Undead keeping G on (more expensive) Mummies. But the poll went the other way ... (still lots of Undead-haters out there, maybe ...)

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen ghouls with sure hands and accurate on a double.
Quite a neat choice on a necro team.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In my league I play in at my local game store, we play by the expearimental rules and the necro changes are wonderful, wolf can still get catch if he wants it, if not theres always block. As for the claws, it sucks for players who already had it, but it became a normal upgrade for chaos, nurgle, and chaos dwarf blockers, noone else on the team. Skaven still needed doubles to get mutations becausse they would be way too overpowered. What claws did wass threat anyone over av8 as if they had av8 so that way norse teams asa well as any other with low av aren't murdered by claws.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

well imierkol, at high TV, you arent going to have many rotters on the pitch, at least 2! High TV Nurgle will be nice, and play the way Nurgle should , IMHO Wink
Meech

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro's are my favorite team. I had a huge setback when in one block Darkwolf killed my 28spp FG(Who got the MVP, GRRR) and a zombie. That same game my WW aged a niggle. Talk about crippling. My Wights play great defense with my ghouls ranging up and down the line to either help put pressure on offense or assist the FG and Zombies. If I could change one thing to "fix" Necro's would be to drop the ghouls and add two more Wights. I am happy with my necro team, which would be over 200 TR if not for a crappy aging and a couple failed regen.

**Note, I have been fairly lucky rolling doubles though. A lot of Zombie guard and even +str zombie!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes necros are not good at high tr though roxxor at the 130-180 range.
Menikmati

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i looked through the pbbl brownrob linked and im quite sure a while ago i saw one where skaven were able to pick mutations on a normal roll too. in this version howevers its only for chaos and nurgles. whats the point of that? gutters cost 10k more now and the rat ogre is with 160k even more a waste of money than he is now. i think its hard enough to keep a skaven team running above tr 200 the way it is now. could anyone explain that to me?

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

playing an ag 3 team (well 6 players outta 11) with the passing game is more risky then doing so with zons and Humans as they already have dedicated throwers and recivers... fair enough at tr 200 u might have a ghoul with sure hands accutate, but how many ghouls with catch stay alive for long?
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Menikmati wrote:
i looked through the pbbl brownrob linked and im quite sure a while ago i saw one where skaven were able to pick mutations on a normal roll too. in this version howevers its only for chaos and nurgles. whats the point of that? gutters cost 10k more now and the rat ogre is with 160k even more a waste of money than he is now. i think its hard enough to keep a skaven team running above tr 200 the way it is now. could anyone explain that to me?

Many have made the same point: looks like Gutter Runners <i>are</i> going to be cut back to 80K.

[Edit: You can find a link to the latest draft via the TBB or SG forums.]

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news for you gr are going back down to 80k as skaven lost normal acces to mutations.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, SolomonKane, I'm hoping to develop my wights primarily as throwers, since they can regen. Leave the catching for the breakables.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Imerikol wrote:
Undead and khemri are going to see a HUGE nerf in that mummies will no longer have G access and may also be getting Loner (the vault version of Big Guy). This cuts right to a core strength of these teams, especially khemri. I'd much rather have an FG with GS access than a mummy with just S access and Loner ...

Fairly certain that the Mummies won't be getting Loner: there were enough howls of protest over G access. There was an option for there being a split, with Khemri having 'Tomb Kings' (S access only), and Undead keeping G on (more expensive) Mummies. But the poll went the other way ... (still lots of Undead-haters out there, maybe ...)

Wow

Undies are REALLY gonna suck.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
pac wrote:
Imerikol wrote:

Wow

Undies are REALLY gonna suck.

What do you mean? They're one of the strongest rosters out there at the moment and with Wights getting Str. access it's not a huge loss and might even help them in the long run.
 Jump to: