52 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XtremeXwing

Post 8 Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

well after 173 games i finally found out that Necro (at high TR) suck! I cant think of one game where i have had things go well vs any race!

i find 2 Flesh Golems skill up slower than BoB's (lack of guard and other strong players reduces blocks) and i have had another one just Die on me from a lucky 1 dice block??

2 90k Wights (Who are actually more expensive that Orc blitzers with -av and -S Skill access) who die just as easy as zombies!

Werewolfs 120k for a player who has not a chance of healing any injury whats the point?? and same goes for ghouls!!!

So Necromatic players where am i going wrong?

Does every other Necromatic player have problems with them?

Is the list weak?

Your thoughts please!

oh an a link to my team

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=145301[/url]
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I love them, but never played at high TR, sorry...

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, they're getting an (arguable) upgrade in Vault/PBBL/5.0:

Up side: 'Wolves get Regen (but lose Catch and Claw is different), Wights get S access, Regen is better relative to apoth (imo).
Down side: Stand Firm is weaker (though FGs are 10K cheaper), Zombies are 40K each.

I've never run Necros, but as an opponent [at medium TR only] I find that if I take out the 'wolves, I usually win, and if I don't, I usually lose.

(Another arguable bonus for Necros in Vault: individual fouls are weaker! Wink)

Last edited by pac on %b %24, %2006 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I love them, but never played at high TR, sorry...

I think the concept of them is good, but they are just rubbish!
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Which level of team rating are they actually good at?

- 120k non-regening foul magnets
- Flesh golems are nice positionals, but theres only two of them and they take ages to skill

Rather than:

- Mummies

I've always thought necros were one of the weakest 'new' teams and I'm not sure why anyone would run them over normal undead, other than perhaps for some variation.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Having just one dp zombie in high tr is a bit slight. And why don't you use ghouls? Its ok if you dont like them but then necro roster isn't for you Smile For 16 spp each you could have two blodge sidestep ma7 players, thats too good to give it up so easy...
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh up, Putus is back. Necros suck unless you have a ST5 wolf.

M'Kari

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Never used them and don't think I've played against them on Fumbbl. The tabletop games I've played against them, I notice that they're a confused team. The Wolves need atleast 16 points to become competitive, ghouls need 6, golems need as many as they can get, as IMHO, they are the most expensive, crappest players in BB. Put them against an agile team they get left behind, put them against dwarves they get swamped. If they started with maybe MB or a higher str then that would really help but ATM they are poor.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

angelface wrote:
Having just one dp zombie in high tr is a bit slight. And why don't you use ghouls? Its ok if you dont like them but then necro roster isn't for you Smile For 16 spp each you could have two blodge sidestep ma7 players, thats too good to give it up so easy...

I like to play as many teams as possible and having more than 1 Dp really limits ur choice, i find enough teams in ranked wont play me because i have 1 block tackle wolf! having more DP's will limit myself just to bashers, thats how i feel anyway, and ghould with blodge sidestep are ok until they meet tackle and MB... my thoughts anyway!
MagmaBeast

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed necro sucks at high tr unless u have some stat increase (either agi on positional or str on anyone).At high tr they get outbashed by just about anyone because 2 st4 player wich are the only one with str access is really not enough.Even wood elves are a challenge str wise. Ans as u mentioned as soon as ur have tackle on a wolf they flee ur team. At low tr golems help control the middle vs weaker team but any basher cant take them head on.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh, rather a bummer to read this. I was thinking about trying out a Necro team in ranked. I guess I wont. I Enrolled a rookie team in an unranked team, I guess they can do fine.

As they get "upgraded" in the LRB 5.0 there is a grounded reason to think they are underpowered now. I can't believe the wights don't have S access. I didn't even check that, I just presumed they have it!

I guess I would be better off trying a regular undead team. It was just the mv8 catch, claw player which drew me to this team, but if they have crappy players to support them, I guess this roster is only good for 5 vs 5 type of games...

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

dosent every thing suck at high TR besides maybe orcs, chaos and elves?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Necros are quite good imho. But you have to keep a VERY strict policy about your TR, which must stay below 180 at all costs. At that TR, you will have (approximately):

1 Blodge wolf (the scorer/hitter)
1 Block wolf (the hitter)
2 Block Golems
2 Block-tackle Wights
2-3 block ghouls (and a sure hands one)
A lot of unskilled zombies

All you have to do now is to use your Golems on the LoS to tie up opposition, trying to dodge into a better position every turn (Stand Firm rules). Blitz every turn with your wolf, then get back in the rear where you can't be hit back easily. Protect your ghoul ballcarrier. Tie up all strong opponent's positionals with a single zed each to reduce mobility. Save RRs for the wolf unless you have block.

I've played a few games with necros, but I think they perform good at TR 180-185 max. After that it's difficult cause opposing players will have one or two tackle MB guys and they will all have block on the positionals (BoBs, CWs). The biggest problem at high TRs is that you won't have enough tacklers to track down speedy teams and you will be heavily outguarded by bashers. But Necros start with a very spread choice of skills, and at lower TRs they can outrun AND outbash an average team.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jan - only 2 Ghouls for Necros.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I really love my necros at 200+tr.

Here are some of my suggestions.

Wolfs- dont rely on them, dont fall in love with them. They live short exciting careers, period. Play conservative with them. Mighty blow on doubles. SKills such as blodge and sidestep (to chose landing points away from gang fouls or choose what sqyare your wolf dies in). I notice when I play with and against necros- the wolfs frenzy keeps teams away from the sidelines and closer to your golems and dp zombies (see below).
Zombie dp- Necros will always get offers from teams that know their weaknesses. I keep two on my team. Always be coaches that refuse to play, no matte if you have 1 dp or 7dps. DP zombie jobs are to eliminate threats to the wolfs and ghouls.
Golems- Kenty testifies that mb as an early skill helps them skill up faster. With 9av, thickskull and regen, they should be living longer than bob's and most of your players. Blodge golems should live even longer.
Ghouls- There job is to go back pick up the ball and hand off to a wolf or wight. Blodge/surehands/tackle etc etc. Again, dont get used to them.
Wights- Since wolf's should be blitzing most of the time, I go tackle/stripball with them. Tackle helps you knock over blodgers until a wolf lives long enough to get block/tackle.

Have fun- the team is not an orc team or welf team. They have some hitting power and fast moving players. The zombies and golems plug up the middle and let your best players beat the best players of the other team. Dont play dwarfs- they own necros ass.

Jump to: