67 coaches online • Server time: 18:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2006 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

well i have taken another DP and i am finding getting games is still pretty easy.. i think people just want a shot at the legend which is clip!
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why everybody says necros are weak: haven't you ever seen what an ST4 wolf can become?
They won major leagues at high tr you know, and I don't think a "weak" team could do that. They may even become broken if you are very lucky with skill rolls.

Sure, they are not orcs of elves, but they have still a GREAT potential at high tr. If you get a stat increase on a wolf, it just becomes a scary player Very Happy
The thing to remember is to play very conservatively with them, never expose them, blitz and get away avery turn! any double would go to MB on a wolf IMO
If you use your wolves as you should, this is indeed a very good team. The wights are ok still, if you get a few double skill rolls, with gard, they help greatly.

To sum it up, it is a good team, especially if you are lucky with skill rolls, but really not an easy one to play Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

so you are basing your whole strat on rolling doubles and stat increases?

any team wouldnt suck at high tr if they had loads of player with doubles??

and my wights have never made it past 4th skill and ones with guard die because they are in the "mixer"
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not basing my strategie on stat increase, but everybody knows that to win high tr leagues, a team HAS to get lucky skill rolls.

I was just pointing out that a necro team was just as good as any other, maybe even better, if you take that into account Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

the.tok wrote:
I am not basing my strategie on stat increase, but everybody knows that to win high tr leagues, a team HAS to get lucky skill rolls.

I was just pointing out that a necro team was just as good as any other, maybe even better, if you take that into account Smile

im still dont follow you, a couple of stat increases well never beat up an orc team and a dwarf team with guard on 9 players (without doubles)
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

soultoken wrote:
the.tok wrote:

im still dont follow you, a couple of stat increases well never beat up an orc team and a dwarf team with guard on 9 players (without doubles)

Well, believe it or not, but the online league I play in ended last year with an Orc/necros match up in finals... and the orc team was beaten pretty easily. Both were excellent coachs, and even if I know that BB is very luck-dependant, from the kick off, bookmakers didn't bet on the ork team Smile

the ork team did have a front loaded with gard, MB, and everything you may need, bur the main WW was just unstoppable (a 8437 blodge sidestep catch claw MB tackle surefeet WW), he kept blitzing key players with him, and the ork never managed to get his hand on him properly

If you had seen that final, you wouldn't think necros cannot beat orks Wink
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no wights, no ghouls, AG 3 zombies and a 242 SPP-niggle-zombie.

Honestly, with such a fun team, what did you expect?

I mean, it's cool to have such a top passing zombie and build a fluffy team around him, but as someone has mentioned earlier, you could just try an all-zombie team. Very Happy

You have to make a decision, if you don't choose the powergaming approach, then don't expect powergaming records with your team. Wink
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
Well, no wights, no ghouls, AG 3 zombies and a 242 SPP-niggle-zombie.

Honestly, with such a fun team, what did you expect?

I mean, it's cool to have such a top passing zombie and build a fluffy team around him, but as someone has mentioned earlier, you could just try an all-zombie team. Very Happy

You have to make a decision, if you don't choose the powergaming approach, then don't expect powergaming records with your team. Wink

Why do u think i have no wights?? its it because i choose not to? Of course not, if you look a bit furthur down on the team page you will see how many wights have died or been retired, and same goes for ghouls, i would love to max out my positionals but money is a big issuie fair enough my Legend is having bad effects on the team i will stop moaning about necro sucking until he dies ....
MickeX

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Try listening to Farinroderel. Your team sucks because you haven't prioritized winning when making team development decisions. Necros are fine. Yours can be too, if you sack #10, #14 and a RR.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
Try listening to Farinroderel. Your team sucks because you haven't prioritized winning when making team development decisions. Necros are fine. Yours can be too, if you sack #10, #14 and a RR.

I AM very aware of what he has said and if you READ my last post i would make no more comments on the "necro list" as a whole until clip dies and i retire the ROBBERS and start afresh!

AND NOTE WHY DO I NEED TO RETIRE number 14 he is a zombie with +AG +MA and block oh wait i do NOW because he just got niged from a block with no damage enhances and guess what he didnt regen!!!!! TYPICAL BLOODY NECRO!!! ARRGHhhhh!!!!!!!
MickeX

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe... well, OK then, best of luck to you!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

soultoken wrote:
AND NOTE WHY DO I NEED TO RETIRE number 14 he is a zombie with +AG +MA and block oh wait i do NOW because he just got niged from a block with no damage enhances and guess what he didnt regen!!!!! TYPICAL BLOODY NECRO!!! ARRGHhhhh!!!!!!!

Bad news for "it" - good news for you (and your team)! Very Happy
 Jump to: