72 coaches online • Server time: 20:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I purchase a wizard?
Yes- blow up the stunties!
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
No-save the money
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

ex-convict

Post 22 Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Our league is in it's second "season" and my lizard team is facing a tough dwarf team next round. Essentialy this is a must-win for my team if I want a shot at the championship game at the end of the 7th round.

My team: http://fumbbl.com/teams/Slippery+Snakeskins.html

Opposing dwarves: http://fumbbl.com/teams/Clan+Longlere.html

I am worried about the 6 dwarves w/ guard, the 2 troll slayers w/ dauntless and frenzy, the 3 dwarves with stand firm, and the 2 dwarves with ag4 (some of these overlap into single players.)

Things to take into consideration: the dwarves have to play a match against a chaos team before we can play our match, so things can change. I also notice that I have enough money to buy a wizard, so that could be a valuable option to take down the cage then assualt the ball carriers.

Any suggestions on how to play offense and defense, and should I get a wizard to blow up the stunties where they stand?

BTW: league is right here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2823

The "season" I am talking about is called Hornet, the stuff below it is with rookie teams and is not the concern here.

Any suggestions that apply to the topic are welcome.

May the dice be with you.

Don't drop the soap.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely get a wizard if a must game.

Protect the skinks - dont pressure too much on defense and allow him to thin your numbers. Obviously stay away from the slayers

Offense is rather easy as you can cover more ground than him. Id advise kicking off 1st.

Even if he scores T8 you can tie 2nd half then use wizard to help win.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

well, the key here is speed - your guys can move way faster than theirs, so keep the team mobile (note: I've never actually used a lizard or dwarf team, but have played against both more than once Razz).

That AG4 blitzer is likely to go skink hunting all match. You definitely won't be able to pummel his players into the ground (not without immense amounts of luck), so focus on the key players, and keeping the skinks alive (use them to zone the players without tackle when you need to on defence). Take your time on offence - dwarves generally need 5 turns to score comfortably, so if you can hold off a little bit, you should be able to come in 1-0 for the half where you receive first.

Definitely hire a wizard both fireball and lightning bolt are great against dwarves - but don't use him too early in the game if you can help it. If it isn't going to stop the TD, it's not worth it Wink

Curro

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d go with a wizard and would follow advices from Laviak. Very Happy
Good Luck anyway!
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you knew this one already: drop the coaches if they remove the handicap roll.

On the tactics I agree with Laviak: only use wizzy if he prevents a TD or make it almost certain u can make a defensive one.

On that AG4 blitzer: try to lure him to the sideline: and blitz him off the pitch. Ok this is a tricky one becasue he has frenzy dauntless dudes. So think twice befor you try it! Also think about the fact that Frenzey players have to follow up. This could be handy to lure the none SF Slayer. Make sure he has to at least GFI to get away from the side.
In general: hit his "low" armour dudes as much as possible and hope for a nice injury (but nothig worse that MNG) and if one of his annoying players can be gangfouled, do so! It is a fair trade to get a skink sent off in return for a BH troll slayer or such.

But hey, don't listen to me!: I never played any of those teams Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2006 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Your advantages is your speed and the fact that you have more st 4 then him. He has a lot more guard. You should try to "spread out" the action and the fighting over the pitch so he doesnt have any use for his guard. Try to mark out 2 dwarves with one saurus (or more with the krox) on as many places as possible, try not to score in 2 turns on offensive as that will leave him to much time to score himself.

Moving the ball from side to side will leave him running after you on his short legs!
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm
I think this will be a very tough game for you :/

protect your skinks at all cost, otherwise, they will go out pretty fast...
be especially carefull about that ag4/tackle blitzer, he will go skinks hunting for sure. If you get any opportunity to get him off the pitch, that will make the game a bit easier.

otherwise, just hope the chaos team to do it for you!

I voted for the wizard as it may win you the game: if you see an good opportunity to counter him with a blast, just do it, as he'll not be able to score back.
Focus on the ball, remember that he will not be able to score more than twice, so if you score 2 times, it is at least a draw Smile. I don't play lizz much, bue I do play dwarf often, and I know what lizz can do that I don't like Smile. Will there be an overtime in case of a draw? If that is the case, try to avoid it, it will definetly not be at your advantage ...
So I would also go for the kick first option, as you will be more likely to counter him while you still have all of your skinks.

good luck anyway, you'll need it for sure, lizz can get beaten so easily by dwarves, especially when they have that much gard and tackle Wink