65 coaches online • Server time: 16:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How important are Apothecaries to you?
I get one before I approve my team
12%
 12%  [ 24 ]
I try to get one as soon as possible
84%
 84%  [ 158 ]
I only buy one if I have extra money
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
No way, apothecaries suck (tell why)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 186

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=701684

Everything breaks indeed. Being outscored against woodies is something I can stand. Being outbashed deals a lethal blow to my self-esteem Sad

ps: I lost my first Hellfish megastar in that game... mov9 blitzer... passed the 126 spps mark without ageing and rolling a double for Stand Firm... then... BOOOM niggle.
Sigh...

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I don't retire my teams, I usually don't buy the Apo on team creation, as the rerolls have got priority then. It's unfortunate to lose players in the first game, of course, but in ranked you've got time enough to rebuild. In tournaments you can't retire teams (well, usually you can't, I've seen one guy do it) and you can't afford to lose players as you only have a limited amount of games. Therefore I get an apo in tournaments, especially with fragile teams whose players cost a lot to replace.
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont buy 12 Players better buy an extra RR or better positionals. get your FF between 7 and 9. Look for an Opponent with the same FF to start your first match. if the dice dont go totaly wrong you should be able to cash the 50k to buy you an Apo before second match.

Try to get 6 BOB/Blitzer in any Combination but i would take 4 BOBs cose the skill slower add 1 Thrower 3 Linos 1 Gobbo 3 RR 8FF or 4 Linos no Gobbo and 7FF

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the unwritten laws of nuffle say that as long as one team has no apo 1/2 of all injuries result in death whereas the other half results in nigglings. so by the time you buy an apo you dont need him anymore cause all you injuries will be bh. that goes until you have skilled players. then the death and niggs come in again resulting in failed apo rolls.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Praise Nuffle! Wink
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Spank Nuffle, eat waffle! (you may replace the "spank" with some other word of your imagination).

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

My stupid Apo has failed to heal a fling in the last 4 games.... stupid thing, it is.....

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

about fling games.... horrible thing... The Apo Rescued me one, though *sigh*

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=883012
fishgeekted

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This seems to be a good time to discuss HOW to use these drunk #@$ in game. These are 5 golden rules I follow to keep myself from wasting their precious rolls. This might help some rookies out there or slow learners like myself.

1: Pick 1-5 players on your team and only these privileged few get the apoth roll in the first half. All others are Screwed! Yes that means, if your lineman with 5sp gets killed on turn 1 block 1, DO NOT USE APOTH!

2: NEVER use apoth on BH, SI<NON-Niggle>

3: NEVER use apoth on a niggler missing a game.

4: Turn 5, 2nd half, I will use the APOTH on ANYONE who gets killed or niggled.

5: After all of that, if you still lose a player to a drunk APOTH who rolled a one, just smile and at the end of the game, fire the Dr.Death. Dr.Deaths tend to repeat the ONE roll more frequently than others. I think its a nasty bit of data that you should flush out right O way.

Those are my 5 rules and rule #5, I might give the apoth one more try, and next one, then he's FIRED!! Twisted Evil

Happy BBing!
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

fishgeekted wrote:
This seems to be a good time to discuss HOW to use these drunk #@$ in game. These are 5 golden rules I follow to keep myself from wasting their precious rolls. This might help some rookies out there or slow learners like myself.

1: Pick 1-5 players on your team and only these privileged few get the apoth roll in the first half. All others are Screwed! Yes that means, if your lineman with 5sp gets killed on turn 1 block 1, DO NOT USE APOTH!

2: NEVER use apoth on BH, SI<NON-Niggle>

3: NEVER use apoth on a niggler missing a game.

4: Turn 5, 2nd half, I will use the APOTH on ANYONE who gets killed or niggled.

5: After all of that, if you still lose a player to a drunk APOTH who rolled a one, just smile and at the end of the game, fire the Dr.Death. Dr.Deaths tend to repeat the ONE roll more frequently than others. I think its a nasty bit of data that you should flush out right O way.

Those are my 5 rules and rule #5, I might give the apoth one more try, and next one, then he's FIRED!! Twisted Evil

Happy BBing!

There's some notable expetions to the above rules - I played a RRR match recently were my Elf Blitzer got BH on turn 4 first half and I decided to use my apoth. He was simply too valuable for the team and it payed off big time. In a KO tournament it is sometimes advisable to use your apoth on valuable players as a loss means "Bye, bye."

As for rule #5. If only you could actually fire him on FUMBBL but alas - their union is simply too strong and any attempts to fire the useless gits will be met with a wall of futility.
pluto670

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You must get the apoth i mean just you have to, i always have one although thats cos i just have such awfully huge amounts of death in my ranked teams. So really u gotta ask yourself do u feel lucky punk?
Jim

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
There's some notable expetions to the above rules - I played a RRR match recently were my Elf Blitzer got BH on turn 4 first half and I decided to use my apoth. He was simply too valuable for the team and it payed off big time. In a KO tournament it is sometimes advisable to use your apoth on valuable players as a loss means "Bye, bye."

As for rule #5. If only you could actually fire him on FUMBBL but alas - their union is simply too strong and any attempts to fire the useless gits will be met with a wall of futility.

Boy, for some reason I thought you could fire them and furthermore, I thought I DID fire one... Like I said, I am a slow learner! Wink

Yes, my personal rules are mainly used in non-tourney games!

In those "Big Light" Tourney games, you really have to play it as you see it.

Good advice RedFish.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a minor amendment for buying apothecaries... when creating the team, i like leaving 10k in my treasury... otherwise there's the off-chance that i'll get 40k and won't be able to buy the apothecary first match...

with AV 7 i would buy the apothecary immediately, with AV 8+ 2nd match...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Want to know how important apothecaries are? Play with Nurgles Rotters for a while...........

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

They suck because I play Undead. I think you should all fire you apothecaries. I would get more zombies raised. And with more zombies I can get world domination.