93 coaches online • Server time: 21:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wallace

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The key to well rounded Orcs who can play ball is to get lots of stat increases. Like this team
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=84349

They were even better when this guy was still playing
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=959692
alongside the disguised elf blitzer....
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well rounded orcs need enough guard and mb to beat bashers and enough tackle and mb to beat elves. Simple!
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Rounded? Orcs are bashers, dont try to make them anything else otherwise you'll get embarrassed by those that have... It's unlikely that trying to shape them into elves is going to get you more games anyway. If you want well rounded go Human... Or Amazon.

Other than that I agree with Webbe's comments above.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously it's almost impossible to go wrong with orcs. It's one of the strongest roosters in the game. Just don't think you will have an elflike passing game.

If you want to challenge yourself with orcs try limiting the number of positional players you use instead. Make the team as if the rooster limited you to having a total of 6 Blitzer+Black orcs and a maximum of 2 goblins. That forces you to use some linemen and likely also to pass the ball more often. Too bad the Vault rules don't do something like this in order to force orcs to use linemen!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that the aim is really to make the team "better" as such, but give them something a little different to the normal orc lineup. Gobbos aren't actually that bad as players - especially in low rated teams where there is not so much block & tackle around. Later on, you can simply feed them to your troll Wink

Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d say a lino, goblins are for advanced teams (with trolls).
Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a really nice ballhandling Orc team. Then my two Ag4 blitzers aged...

I'm not really a fan of goblins (too slow and too weak) but they can be quite handy. Instead have I been using my blitzers as ballhandlers while the Black Orcs takes care of the bashing, as long as you keep developing your blitzers will good things happen to them (hopefull AG increases) and developing a thrower is always easy. My grief is that both ballhandlers aged to a niggle which left me with a welldeveloped "Bash team" with the four black orcs and a really nasty blitzers who managed to get +Str, this means that my team isn't very ballhandling anymore =(.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I started off my orcs with all 4 blitzers, two throwers, and no BOBs... I think I ended up with 12 players (includinga gobbo), and an apothecary. The logic being that BOBs can perform their normal duties with minimal skill development. i started out VERY well in W-L ratio (though I've fallen since) and have been blessed with AG increases. a AG 4 thrower, and an AG 5 blitzer.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Wait. A gobbo is usually an addition for an advanced team - usually after the troll. If you focus on playing with him, then he will gain SPP quickly.

Gobbos are quite useful on TR100 rosters, if you have one he is easy to protect, unlike skinks, he has dodge and stunty also so can get through a few TZ's if needs be, i think they are extremely useful, will win you games early on when bashing alone wont help
stormmaster1

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2006 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get doubles on gobbos strip ball can be amazing. With TTM you can do OTT when recieving if their thrower is left deep, and he can reach protected players with hiw dodge/stunty, although he will have a huge target over his head. I find 2-3 gobbos can be awesome in defence with rookie teams. BOBs and blitzers hold off the opposition while the gobbos can use their maneuiverability to get wherever the ball is or wherever an assist is needed. Problem i find with Orcs used like this is that although you get more high scoring games you will lose more games. Bashing style is quite safe and you can get a draw or even win even when the dice are stacked against you, but a fast game with lots of ball handling just isn't reliable with AG3. With my my orcs i've missed two late TDs in their past few matches when all they needed to do was pick up the ball a few squares from the EZ. That said, it can be more fun to play a more expansive style.
 Jump to: