47 coaches online • Server time: 01:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As everybody knows Div X is as good as dead.
Are there plans for Div X, if so what are these plans?

I'm looking forward to hear some ideas too.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Come and join us few playing there Smile

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I tryed an elven group, didn't work. I am still alone in it

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well something that seems pretty darn popular in that at least 2 DX teams have done it and that is have forum members as te players perhaps that idea could be develped

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm just had a thought, Now i ant no newfangled brainiac box (U in Chemistry woohooo) but ist then best method for findign out where to go with something looking at where it came from. So in order to help me come up with some amazing and truly FUMBBL changing ideas i would like t know the following.

1. Who created DX?
2. Why was DX created?
3. what were the changes made in the early stages?
4. what changes were made after the inital period?
5. what is the most number of active teams DX has every held at one time?

with the answers to these questions it should be easyer to come up with ideas
Thanx
Jim

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I play dX and been trying to get others to play it.

Unsuccesfully.

-.-

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ok well Philip1 explain to me why u play DX as aoopsed to unranked or another league what is it about DX that makes u play in it?
(i havent forgotten about the 1V full team game)
jim

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

pluto670 wrote:
Erm just had a thought, Now i ant no newfangled brainiac box (U in Chemistry woohooo) but ist then best method for findign out where to go with something looking at where it came from. So in order to help me come up with some amazing and truly FUMBBL changing ideas i would like t know the following.

1. Who created DX?
2. Why was DX created?
3. what were the changes made in the early stages?
4. what changes were made after the inital period?
5. what is the most number of active teams DX has every held at one time?

with the answers to these questions it should be easyer to come up with ideas
Thanx
Jim

Umm... As far as I know, the Fumbbl admins (Christer?) did it, to try out new teams (necro, khemri, ogre and such). Other than that, I don't know a lot, but I think it was pretty alive at one time, probably when the new teams weren't official (so they were only in DivX).

Edit: Nowadays the main differences in DivX compared to others are:

- No aging.
- Freebooter apo's.
- Other hypnotic gaze.
- Negative winnings(?)

At least that's all I can remember.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So why did the Admins not delete DX when they had finished testing the experimental Races?
Ok so if those are the differences are they what makes people play in this league? are those rule differences the attraction?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Divx was created to test new rules and teams before they became official. That were Necros, Khemri, Ogre, Elf, Vampires, Rotters (think I caught all of them) and those rosters were changed accordingly, as the new proposed rosters were changed alongside.

When they became official a couple other alternative rules that were considered at the time were tried out. It is not a houserule league, but was more of a preview thing, to see where the official rules might go toward and gather evidence for or against their use.

So that's the reason for divx's existence - as a playtesting field to try out possible officially "debated" changes. I am very certain that if vault rules wouldn't require such a major re-work of the client we'd have a vault rules test ground with divx.

Similar to [u] I play divx for the less strong "winning is everything and playing is just a tool to achieve an as high as possible ranking"ideology that does exist with some coaches in ranked. There is also not as much cherry picking going on, which isn't that much of a surprise when there are just less opponents to choose from, too.

I like no-ageing. I don't know of any absolutely utter monster team in divx as has been predicted by those that were against ageing. There are far far worse teams around in ranked at that.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %18, %2006 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
pluto670

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

so when was the last time DX was changed or one of the tested rules was adopted or even thought about being addopted or has it just been forgotten
jim

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No it hasn't been forgotten. But as vault was evolving and the rules had been changing all the time, it'd not have made sense for SkiJunkie to code them in. And only he could really, as many of the changes in Vault can't be done on the side of FUMBBL only. We all know SkiJunkie is hard pressed for time already - so I'd not assume that he'd manage to upgrade to the vault rules any time soon, now that they are close to finished.

There were no new rules that could be tested in DivX thus, as those new rules that came up would have needed a different JBB.

[Oh and sk8bcn ... I do have a DE team in there, but it just doesn't work with what your group is about. Did have to retire players eventually to keep getting money in, due to the changed winnings table and such in DivX ... plus they never really played elf ball, but loads of ogre/khemri/chaos.]

-Mnemon
pluto670

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i think that kinda sudgests that changes cant be made to DX at the time being so were are gonna have to work with the tools we have
which are: slightly different rules, some of the most gifted minds in all the universe(i hope) and a bit of enthusiasm
i would also like another peice of information if its availiable how many DX games are played a week, is it possible to find out this info
as i looked at the Dx table and there are loads of DX teams so i wonder why r they not playing? or are they and i just not got it?
jim

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The best thing about DX ??????

Post game .... rolling for a skill and only seeing one set of dice with no chance of ageing on the 3+ roll.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

a very good point Mully
So do we think its just a case of advertising or are people not interested