19 coaches online • Server time: 06:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post 8 Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems the 128 spots for the 16 qualifiers have already been taken in less than 3 days. Evil or Very Mad

I'm pretty disapointed that I won't even have a chance to compete. Why not make it 32 qualifiers as the FUMBBL cup or allow 16 teams per qualifier? I think everyone should have a chance, it's supposed to be the battle of the best, not the fastest to sign up.

If you also fear/know you'll be left out, make yourself heard!

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that I sucessfully applied, however I can understand that you are upset.
Everyone seems to accept that the minors dont get anounced or are dead (like XFL), but at least the majors should be anounced properly. And yes i heard rumors before in the chat, but then again how much can you give about rumors in a community as big as fumbbl.

I think more places would be great and i can just support you in that point wether i already made it or not.

On the other hand, one has to admit that this is far better than the last major tournaments, where people played 5 or more qualyfiers - so thumbs up for the tournament admins too, for this decision
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

im with you all the Uber i my self did not get a spot Sad and it really really sucks i would love to be in this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As one of the people who played 4 qualifiers last time, I am perfectly happy to see the current format of the tourney, especially with the tr limit. There were cases of tr 150 Ogres trying their luck in the FC.

__Synn
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

christ, I missed out as well uber. I think its a pro-europe thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we make this 256 teams with 32 qualifiers instead? Or at least let the people keep applying and let them have a shot if all the spots get filled? it really wouldn't screw anything up in regards to the tourney, and would let a lot more of the compeditive teams have a shot at getting in the cup. I think they at least deserve a chance to compete.
Fool

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are the teams that made it into a qualifier listed? I keep looking around but can't find the right link. Can someone please post it for those of us technically challenged? : )
Uber

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked Flix to know what order I was. So that's 140 for me. :S

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

why not have a qualifying system where lower ranked teams have to get through several qualifying groups, higher ranked ones either get an auto spot in the tournament, or just have to go through one or two qualifying games (thus still giving San Marinoesc teams a chance to take part, or is that apart!?Twisted Evil ) But then again, It probably would be a bit of a lgoistical nightmare
Siokawta

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just pay attention and join when it asked? I'm sorry people got left out, but that happens sometimes.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

For the next tournament I would prefer a procedure like this:

1. Announcement that the tournament qualifier signup is next week.
2. Signup period of 2 days.
3. Establish qualifier size to the next power of 2, e.g. if 300 people sign up, the qualifiers would have 2^8=256 spots.
4. From the playerbase - 300 in the above example - randomly fill the tournament qualifier slots - 256 in the above case.
5. divide it into (n-3) groups à 8 people, so to stick with the 2^8 example, it would be 2^5=32 groups with 8 people each.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Word Uber...

The tourney of the fast, not necessary the best... im disappointed BIG TIME!

Wanted to join with my humans as I think they stand a chance, but are only going to enter if about 50 or so drops out for some strange reason...

Lame lame lame lame lame - its all about being online on the right time... Come on??
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Optihut on the fact that the format of the tourney needs to be adaptable to the demand at hand.

I also like the idea of Outlaws79: make use of the ranking and TR! Divide teams and coaches according to CR and/or TR/TS so that lower CR (especially TR/TS) teams have to play one or more KO qualification rounds to enter the 32 groups with 8 teams.

It is appealing as it is used in Ueropean Football and works quite fine: if u did well last year you wont have to play qualifiers.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
As one of the people who played 4 qualifiers last time, I am perfectly happy to see the current format of the tourney, especially with the tr limit. There were cases of tr 150 Ogres trying their luck in the FC.

__Synn

They were TR 143 and if they could have picked the damn ball up could have tied the game! Stupid Goblins....Stupid throw a rock.
moxjet

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You still have a chance ... hunt and challenge the teams already iin the tourney and cut their TR down to 190 (make a lot of RIP)... This willl make room for another team Wink