55 coaches online • Server time: 23:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
christ, I missed out as well uber. I think its a pro-europe thing.

Yes, because sign-ups opening at midnight european time, making it between 3 pm and 6 pm on the other side of the atlantic, is definitely pro-europe.

I can see some of the other points of view, though. Changes to the tourney format are still possible, so don't despair.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the US and I had no problems getting in. I really don't see the problem.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides which, Flix deleted all early entries. There WAS warning, sorry if you missed it Uber....

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The big tournaments are all supposed to be different from each other in some ways. It would be rather boring if we just had 3 tournaments that was identical, just with different names and prizes. Last years Ulthuan had a rather interesting structure too, im not sure it was very good, since some teams had it way easier than others. But i assume these 2 other tournaments are in a state of constant development. Remember this is the first warpstone we are gonna have. Lets see what types of teams actually made it into the magic 132 list.
I for one am looking forward to seeing some other coaches/teams compete, than the usual tr300+ bunch. There are a huge amount of tr200+ teams out there, lets see em
Uber

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

For me what's frustrating is that I saw the tournament early, but didn't realize I needed to rush to get in. I applied the next day I think, at that point I still thought I was an early applicant. Then I saw the posting about how many people had applied and realized I'd been too late. Another point that is frustrating for me is that I know someone who's taking my spot will probably drop out, forfeit or concede, something that I would never do. I hope the administators will respond to the demand, as there seem to be more than a few people who are disapointed by this turn of event.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wrote:
For me what's frustrating is that I saw the tournament early, but didn't realize I needed to rush to get in. I applied the next day I think, at that point I still thought I was an early applicant. Then I saw the posting about how many people had applied and realized I'd been too late.

Then you've only got yourself to blame. The question is wether you had felt the same about it had you been one of those who got a spot.

Uber wrote:
Another point that is frustrating for me is that I know someone who's taking my spot will probably drop out, forfeit or concede, something that I would never do. I hope the administators will respond to the demand, as there seem to be more than a few people who are disapointed by this turn of event.

That's a fair point - I'll promise you that I won't be one of those dropping out Wink

All in all I also feel that it's a pitty so many people got left out of the tourney but as it has been pointed out earlier we need some variation in the Major Tournies apart from the prices to distinguish them from each other. If a way can be found to satisfy all parties involved, without making it sort of bland when it's announced that the FUMBBL Cup is the biggest event of the year with twice as many teams as the other Major tournaments, I'm all for it - as long as it doesn't cost my lizies the spot. We're only 2 lizardmen teams in the tourney after all and we need variation damn you!

(Maybe consider some sort of race cap in one of the majors so we don't have to look at 1/5th of the teams being orcs and only 1/25th being humans). Diversity I say.
angelface

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I right that the possible number of participants is 128 or 256? Then expansion is possible only if 256 teams gets together. So if there are 177 teams, big sorry for the supernumerary 49 (my team is amongst them too, btw).
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know if im in or not

nontheless everyone sjould get a shot!
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:

All in all I also feel that it's a pitty so many people got left out of the tourney but as it has been pointed out earlier we need some variation in the Major Tournies apart from the prices to distinguish them from each other.

Amen to that.

I would like to see at least one official tourney with a TR cap on say 175-180 so that the tourney is more about coaching skill instead of who has powergamed in R the most or who has rolled most +str, +ag etc.

Maybe in a tourney like this, elf teams can be stopped too...

EDIT: Spelling
Mephist

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Where you see your place in list?

Please tell me, it is interesting for me too Smile
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mephist wrote:
Where you see your place in list?

Please tell me, it is interesting for me too Smile

There's no place to see it. Your best shot is to ask one of the tourney organisors, if they've got the time to answer you.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I dunno if I'm in or not. But I don't much care, if I'm in I'd even be willing to give up my spot to UBER. I'm sure he'd play with his sick elves and probably win the whole thing, then he'd have to thank me for the opportunity...Wink

SO can anyone post a link to where the teams that are in are posted? Will we know before the tourney starts whether we are in or not? I am confused. Wink
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, just came up with an idea!

Have Warpstone Torney Spot!
Want £20

hmmm might have to load up my ebay account!
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Siokawta wrote:
Why not just pay attention and join when it asked? I'm sorry people got left out, but that happens sometimes.

we only had a few days comeon it was not like this was annouced in good time
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, what would be good time? People will get left out, no matter what. I mean, if they spent 3 weeks warning folks that entries could be submitted at "x" time, then everyone and their dog would try, the servers would crash, someone who entered early would not end up in, and we'd have another thread whining about the system, no?