103 coaches online • Server time: 21:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the 6 Nations?
England
23%
 23%  [ 27 ]
France
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
Ireland
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Italy
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Scotland
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Wales
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Dont care
40%
 40%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 117

elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

rugby!..... /sad Exclamation
ultwe

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Ireland were pretty awful, but were heavily beated in the Autumn Internationals, and slapped about by NZ Sad things can only get better at the minute!

Well, You guys can thank the ref biiiig time. That's 10 points he gave you (that last penalty never was one....)

Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
thesquig

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Its gotta be England, beating Wales right now. I dont really mind too much tbh, Villa are winning 4-0 and Like Moore scored a hattrick. YOU BEAUTY!

Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiochafh ar la!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

scotland vs france about to start, france look formidable, will be tough but cheering scotland on anyway!
Shuck

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Its gotta be England, beating Wales right now. I dont really mind too much tbh, Villa are winning 4-0 and Like Moore scored a hattrick. YOU BEAUTY!
Englands pack is too formidable this season, especially with the powerhouse Sheridan in the front row. I tip them to go all the way, and think their toughest match will be against the French. Although Ireland always seem to be a stumbling block for the English!

I'm from Middlesbrough and the 4-0 beating by Aston Villa yesterday was aweful! Its a wonder they still have any fans turning up Rolling Eyes
thesquig

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, one of them wont be back, he threw is season ticket at McClaren! On their day, Aston Villa are a supurb side, usually we're pretty mediocre. Good luck, I think you have a battle to aviod the drop now. As long as Birmingham go down, its all good with me.

omg88

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Any game watched by lots of countries that doesn't end in a long, drawn-out 0-0 tie is quite refreshing! Twisted Evil Good to see so much intrest in such a quality full- contact sport! Btw, which team is considered the powerhouse and is there one big unified international federation?

^uneducated American Wink ^

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

France is considered to be the best this year.

But, at the moment...
Scotland 20
France 3
Shocked

GO SCOTLAND!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

omg88 wrote:
Any game watched by lots of countries that doesn't end in a long, drawn-out 0-0 tie is quite refreshing! Twisted Evil Good to see so much intrest in such a quality full- contact sport! Btw, which team is considered the powerhouse and is there one big unified international federation?

Each rugby-playing nation (the major ones being: England; Scotland; Ireland; Wales; France; Italy; South Africa; Australia; New Zealand; Argentina; and a few others) has its own national club league. There are also international club competitions.

The strongest nation is generally agreed to be New Zealand: it's by far the biggest sport over there, to the best of my knowledge. Australia, England, South Africa and France are also invariably strong: and all the other nations I mentioned above have had their golden periods.

The Six Nations is the big annual international northern-hemisphere non-club competition (in which the nations draw the best players from any club), and involves: England; Wales; Scotland; Ireland; France; and Italy. The three big southern hemisphere nations - NZ, Australia and South Africa - play a corresponding Tri-Nations competition.

Every four years there is also a Rugby Union World Cup, at which they get about 20 different nations these days: including smaller RU countries like Japan and several pacific island teams. I think the US and Canada may even have sent teams to the last one (?).

Edit: And at the moment, Scotland are threatening a huge upset against favourites France!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked
Final Result:

Scotland 20
France 16

wohoooo...

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Shocked
Final Result:

Scotland 20
France 16

Unfortunately, this result now means that England become favourites. Inevitably, we will fail to cope with the pressure and collapse. Sad

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care Pac.

I just root for Italy (cause I'm italian) and for Scotland (cause I've been there and I LOVE the country and the people there).

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I don't care Pac.

I don't expect you to care: I expect you to mock! Wink (And declare how the mighty Italians will crush England!)

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

We mighty italians will crush England! Just give us a decent Ref!

(cough cough pun intended you irishmen...)