26 coaches online • Server time: 08:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the 6 Nations?
England
23%
 23%  [ 27 ]
France
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
Ireland
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Italy
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Scotland
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Wales
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Dont care
40%
 40%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 117

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

there will be much rejoicing if the english lose vs italy! but its rather close this year, scotland have improved 100% this year, the pack are organised and really stunned the French with vicious mauls and plenty of quick ball! I dont know how much they missed Jaizon, ive never seen him play, is he better than O'Driscoll/D'Arcy?
ultwe

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
there will be much rejoicing if the english lose vs italy! but its rather close this year, scotland have improved 100% this year, the pack are organised and really stunned the French with vicious mauls and plenty of quick ball! I dont know how much they missed Jaizon, ive never seen him play, is he better than O'Driscoll/D'Arcy?

They didn't miss Jauzion as such....
They missed basic ball handling skills. It has been a long while since I last saw them knocking on that many balls. I don't care who the opposition is, if you cannot string 5 good passes together (and, except for the first minute, they didn't) you are heading for a trashing.

I think the score was actually very flattering for us poor frenchies Sad

janmattys wrote:
We mighty italians will crush England! Just give us a decent Ref!

(cough cough pun intended you irishmen...)

That ref was English, maybe, if you guys get an Irish ref when playing the Englishs, he will feel ashamed enough to repare the wrong [/joke]

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but its scary to think that they were using a 6th choice centre Surprised the ball wasnt quick enough out to the wings, which is where France are clinical, he made a lot of knock ons. but the likes of traille, baby, jauzion (does casteniede play centre now as well? thought how was full back now) could have put on a better show

BTW: you in Edinburgh Uni? I have a few French friend called naomi kicking about still, would be in equivalent of 5th year masters now, but havent had much recent contact!
thesquig

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A funny observation. The Italian rugby team are hardasses to the extreme. The Italian national football team... the biggest wimps this world has ever seen.

moxjet

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

GO Italy!!!!
France has no chance =)

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
BTW: you in Edinburgh Uni? I have a few French friend called naomi kicking about still, would be in equivalent of 5th year masters now, but havent had much recent contact!

Live in Edinburgh, but I am not in uni (well, I am with the OU, but that is different).

How many French friends called naomi do you have in Edinburgh? Razz.(don't know her, btw)

Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Italy-England
Starting now.

I do not have much hope but... GO ITALY!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

9-7 so far so good Smile
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

England win Very Happy! 24 + last minute try (not sure in conversion scored or not :p) - 16
Can someone tell me if we scored conversion or not please? :p
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

/me is worried....

Think we will get a backlash by the english... but hopefully hopefully Ireland scrape a win vs England and hope wales play some risky rugby and cause an upset vs the French!

Just hope! And Ill be happy if Ireland win!
magan174

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Brownrob: The first game was a sleeping pill. But It was a good instruction game. My father is visiting us and we went to the pub to have a look and some Guiness. He has never watch rugby before.

But it looks like the Froggies will take it this year. I know Wales can be really great at home but I think France will take it.

It was just a year ago that the 6 Nation decider where held at Millenium Stadium. But as the Scrum wrote today " But with Wales this time in the role of victim rather than victor."

I'm looking forward to Swedens Qualification game vs Switzerland in Gothenburg 22/4. Gonna be a great game in the cosy stadium Slottsskogsvallen. Laughing

An important game in FIRA-A.E.R Div. 3A. This is the backyard of World rugby.

Lets go Sweden! Laughing
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

HT Wales 13-6 France

The championship is still wide open Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wales will always surprise everyone. I still remember the faces of some english men in the pub the last year when the reds raised the cup.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, go sweden!

But as we speak, stage one of the plan is in place as wales are leading 13-3, but Im at work so cant check every minute.... Im dreading 5:30 GMT when I get home Ill be hiding behind the couch I wont be fit to watch England vs Ireland!

To be fair though, I think Eddie O'Sullivan doesnt hellp the team, he is too cautios and overuses the kicking game to get territory, with the backs we have (world class backs like O'Driscoll, D'Arcy, Geordan Murphy and to a lesser extent Shane Horgan) we should rip Englands backs to shreds, but Im afraid Ireland will try to take England pack head on, and they will lose. Englands backs have provided slow ball all season and reied on Tindall and Noon to pile forward and batter home tries, but the slow ball has been the downfall of Hodgson, he just doesnt have a chance to do anything good with the ball as the defence has a split second extra to get down his neck
Ironik

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm at least Italy did not win the wooden spoon.
Tight match with scotland
 Jump to: