42 coaches online • Server time: 12:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
There can be only one.
Side Step, Sure Feet m, -av
36%
 36%  [ 16 ]
+ST n, m
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
+MA, Sure Feet n
29%
 29%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 44

Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=191260

I'm having a relatively large amount of success with this ogre team (which is saying a lot for me) and i want to replace one of my goblins who've been injured.

For the life of me I cant bring myself to decide which. Niggles piss me off more than an -AV, but Stat increases are hard to come by normally. (i've been lucky)

my brain hurts.

edit-there should have been an option = suck it up and wait for another ogre.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop the +ST n,m.
+ST isn't that good at a gobbo, and he won't be around next game anyway.
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Lose the side step, sure feet -1AV player - too vulnerable - will miss more games than he plays and will be injured/dead in no time anyway.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

gregory_n_white wrote:
Lose the side step, sure feet -1AV player - too vulnerable - will miss more games than he plays and will be injured/dead in no time anyway.

You mean as opposed to normal gobbos? Razz

Drop the Niggled MNG with +str.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop them all!!! No self respecting ogre would want to play alongside a bunch of miserable goblins anyway Very Happy

really, it doesn't really matter which one you drop .. though I'd be inclined to drop a niggler first (probably the +ST one like others have been suggesting) - on a gobbo team, +st is great, but with so much ST5 around, it doesn't make a lot of difference to the team. Get rid of all of them one by one Wink

nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd fire thestr one first then the other nigler use the -av one as ammo to break up cages and as line fodder till he dies.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You really need to be careful not to kick too much. Ogres are always in need of money (for new ogres and new rerolls) and replacing gobbos for 40k is a huge drawback. Don't kick the the -av one and just use him as a normal gobbo until he gets a "real" permanent injury.
Fire one of the other two but don't chose the +st one because he's mng, it's just one game.
Instead fire the niggler that feels less useful to you (personally I would find much value in having a str3 non bone head player in the team but follow your own experience with them as no two coaches play alike).
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Whichevery you choose to lose, keep the +Str for now.

It is a huge help for Goblins, who as your main ball carriers, will often be Blitzed. 1d instead of 2d makes a huge difference.
heinz

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Whichevery you choose to lose, keep the +Str for now.

It is a huge help for Goblins, who as your main ball carriers, will often be Blitzed. 1d instead of 2d makes a huge difference.

hear ye, hear ye. Drop the + move and keep the -av till he dies/niggles.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way I didn't vote. If you had included it I'd say "Suck it up and wait for another Ogre."

Releasing a goblin from the contract will not lower you into another earning bracket and nor will it lower your TR very much - use the goblins till they die or recieve a(nother?) niggle or similar. They're the best throw-away fodder you have and could be put to good use as such.
slanter

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played more ogres games than most I'd say keep them all!
As Webbe mentionend wasting cash on buying more gobbos than the original 6 is not very fun for a poor ogreteam.
I must say that ppl are contradicting themselves when they say that 'the gobbos will die soon anyway, so you should kick them'.
If you kick a niggled gobbo then a healthy one will take the blow in it's place!! Crying or Very sad

Another thing which is really nice with damaged gobbos is that you can toss them with no fear.
And finally... st3 ma6 stunty WITHOUT bonehead is sooo much better than st5 in many situations (crowdpush). Twisted Evil

slanter

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for "suck it up and wait for another ogre" then
Just avoid keeping ogres with niggle!
Watch my two links below and you'll see the difference if you do or not... Evil or Very Mad

nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

you bring up a verry good point but i just hate niglers call it my tendency to roll ones way too often so they might as well not be on my roster ading team rating. 6 or 7tr may make all the diference and if you hapen to get unlucky and roll both nigles in one game thats 13 wasted tr you should make 3k next game to replace one with an ogre anyway i would personaly fire both right now but that would be a risky move as you could easily suffer more cas next game.
Tallmaris

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just look at the vote results... I think the headache is growing bigger... Smile

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Firestata

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop both niggles
 Jump to: