67 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Double 5 on a Witch Elf first skill roll?
Mighty Blow
39%
 39%  [ 25 ]
+ Movement
46%
 46%  [ 29 ]
other (please specify in the thread)
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 63

Xzazy

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MB, witches throw a lot of blocks and you often blitz with them. Makes good use of the MB, I rather take dauntless on blitzers when they roll dubbels. I never take move on dubbel 5, move isn't that good...
Zug

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Move isn't that good - it's great, but since you have two others with +MA already you can probably pass.

Guard is important and you don't have enough of it, but I wouldn't waste it on your only WE.

Dauntless and MB are both good choices - MB will get used every block so it is more useful, but your team currently has no good way of dealing with STR4 and up (especially with only one guard on a fragile LE and no +STR) so I might go with Dauntless. Dauntless would be better on a Blitzer, but of course you have to roll doubles with one first - might be 50 games before that happens. Very Happy But it's a wash - you can't go wrong with either one.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MA
Tigerland

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn´t anyone consider the possibility of Nerves of Steel, combining possibly later with Leap and Catch?
macike

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
You do not really wish to position your witch where it can use guard too often, because that usually is where she might get hit next turn.

What I actually meant was that it is not you who push WE into position for Guard use. It is your oppo who will be constanly trying to pin her down. So the puropose of the Guard is to help WE get out of such a position.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tigerland wrote:
Doesn´t anyone consider the possibility of Nerves of Steel, combining possibly later with Leap and Catch?

Do you mean to build a scorer or just a midfielder?
IMHO first would accumulate SPP on WE which is quite vulnerable and nice target. In the latter case it would be a waste of Frenzy and Jump up.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant it as a wide receiver scorer, just wondering if it would be a viable option or not.
macike

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Tigerland wrote:
I meant it as a wide receiver scorer, just wondering if it would be a viable option or not.

IMHO it's quite easy to score with WE without NoS and Catch.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your input guys.
i´ve just opted for Mighty Blow and bought another RR.
Fool

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go MA... it's always good to have a couple MA8 players on a team to counter skaven, skinks, and other elves.
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d say movement. This way you´ll have a greater range of sending oppos to the crowd, and that´s really cool.
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Optihut, your darkies developement schedule looks really good. But I have to disagree a bit. I´d give strip ball to the blitzers (two of them who has leap), and never (NEVER) pick diving tackle for the witches, they are have a great big target painted in the chest, you mustn´t know'em down more than the strictly necessary, or dirty players will fall over them.

And about the linos, I´ve thought about the "kicker" position, which is as good as making kickoffs as he is kicking proned players, so Kick + Dirty player go for the same player, but this is only a stuff reason. Razz
 Jump to: