64 coaches online • Server time: 18:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill
Dirty Player
36%
 36%  [ 21 ]
Kick
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Guard
38%
 38%  [ 22 ]
Other please explain.
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 57

nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

should i go for DP or Kick as goblins are cheap or do i go for guard as a stunty Blodging guard is rediculously good.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=210193 this is the team
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take dp, since a dp gobbo is just a lot more likely to get to his taget than a dp lineman.

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %10, %2006 - %10:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard would be handy, as Goblins can get into some very unreachable areas.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

if it was for first skill, I´d say go for DP, no question.

Now you have Block on him. Well, you can need a DP Goblin anyway, but it makes me feel it would be a waste for the Block when the little gobbo gets sent away at 2nd or 3rd turn...

So therefor guard truly could be nice.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with a non-block dp gobbo is that he's too easy to take out. I would send my troups after a dp gobbo as first priority. With blodge you field him and not have to put too much effort into his protection.

As for being sent off: Nobody is saying you HAVE to turn into a compulsive fouler, just because he has the dp skill. Stick to limited tactical fouls aiming for the opponents most dangerous players, and only foul more than once in a half if it's worth the send-off, or the ref's eye in on the opponent.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro or Guard.

Pro Gobbos can stick their landings on TTMs, have half an extra RR for those multi- multi- multi- dodges, and lets face it - if you're in need of an extra guard on an orc team after a few more skill rolls, then you truley are going to be in a desperate spot - Pro is always handy for desperation plays.

If you want to capitalise on the Block start, though, then guard is handy for those cagebreaking moves. (Especially with SStep on next roll to help with the surfing)

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, pro would be a total waste, gobbos only need to reroll dodges, catches and GFIs so dodge, catch and sure feet is much better if you want a TTM gobbo.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

What about standing the TTM ? That's were Pro is really nice.
I would consider Strip Ball or Sure Hands for the Gobbo as well, and make him the flying Blitzer of your team
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ve voted Guard.. but never had a goblin with two doubles, so....
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, doh I voted other, because the block part was in my blind spot. Since the goblin has block, I'd go for guard.
matthewshy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Webbe: that gobbo is the perfect ball-handler, I wouldn't give him a skill like kick or dirty player, nor even guard... all these could be given to a standard lineman, he deserves something better!

He can be the runner in a bashing team... give him sure feet or catch or jump up...
veron

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As the git already has Block, I'd definately go for Guard. Next stop - Side Step!
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball can also be nice. "Oops, is there a goblin in your cage? Whoa, did he just make you drop the ball?"

It's a fun play when there's no other way to get at the ball-carrier. Two dice (or three in extreme cases) aiming for two pushes doesn't have terrible odds. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As f_alk said, I would consider Strip Ball as well, the skill works wonders with stunty and dodge. Pro is indeed another nice choice. I would not consider dp or guard based on the fact that orcs can get all the guard they want and dp is for linos.

Make him a fun threat to your opponent, add sure feet, ss, dt later on and he´ll give your defense a new dimension.

M

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Jumpup or Stripball.
Strip ball for reasons allready explained, jump up because you can toss him down field and if he doesn´t have the ball it´s not a turnover.
Then he can blitz the unsuspecting ball carrier with his full move (or just be a pest by adding TZ) - if he isn´t stunned - whether he made his landing roll or not.

edit: DO NOT GIVE HIM BLOCK:
You´re Orcs you´ll get at least 8 other players who can get guard in no time.

Oh by looking at your team it seems like the Gobbos are actually your runners?
If so consider giving him surehands. That removes stripball - but I´d go the other way.
 Jump to: