67 coaches online • Server time: 17:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
qk wrote:
I'd take Dodge as well. [...]Sidestep is always great, but guard linos take much bashing onto themselves, and dodging will allow him to survive a little longer, until he manages to get Block

I would not share your point of view. Dodge means nothig against Tackle. Indeed not every day he will face (Ch)Dorfs. However S.Step would help him to avoid chain blocks and put an assist that can change odds in following blocks in his favour.
Not mention how useful he would become to play in wide zones.

Yep, I see your point, most valid. Every time I spectate a (good) game, I learn something valuable. It also happens here Wink

I still doubt what I'd take: Dodge, Side Step or even Block.
macike

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

qk wrote:
I still doubt what I'd take: Dodge, Side Step or even Block.

Dodge would be great for the AG4 lino this team has. IMHO in this case it would be a waste ATM.
Block is lino's mandatory skill, so if one dares to give up the rolled double it would be a good choice.
Personaly I would go for S.Step and try to use it to score with that lino as much as possible to reach the Block ASAP. Only +ST could compete then. And if I managed to do it I would know that it was a good choice. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, now that you have chosen dodge it will probably be smart to put all your eggs in one basket and choose dodge on most doubles that you get (barring catchers of course), as dodge is weak when only 1-2 players have it (many teams have at least 3 tacklers) but strong when many players have it. Just look at the successful orc team Butcher Boyz, and you'll get the idea ; )
macike

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ankkh wrote:
as dodge is weak when only 1-2 players have it (many teams have at least 3 tacklers) but strong when many players have it

I second that.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
ankkh wrote:
as dodge is weak when only 1-2 players have it (many teams have at least 3 tacklers) but strong when many players have it

I second that.

I don't.

A dodge lino means your opponent has to waste a tackle on him, and frees a catcher of yours. But dodge with AG3 is a great second double for linos. Guard MUST be a no-brainer first choice of course.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
yeah - diving tackle is much more useful on catchers (mainly because they can take it on a normal roll), and same goes with dauntless -- i'd wait till you get a double on a catcher for dauntless (might take a while, but if you stick with the team, you're bound to get one eventually).

sizestep or dodge are nice, as there is a good chance this guy will spend a lot of time getting into the action Wink
I prefer shadowing to Diving Tackle, DT may be better, but im not keen on laying my catcher down on the ground! A shadowing Tackle catcher is still a real annoyance
JRHartley

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

SS
macike

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
A dodge lino means your opponent has to waste a tackle on him, and frees a catcher of yours.

If your oppo were hunting for your catcher he would not place a tackle on a Blockless lino where simple Block is enough.
IMHO what JanMattys suggested would be your oppo's tactical mistake.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I see you went with dodge and I don't agree with that at all. With ag3 you will still mostly get to use only the blockign part of the skill. It will increase longevity on the player no doubt but sidestep would have made him really good in a scrum.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
With ag3 you will still mostly get to use only the blockign part of the skill.

I second that.