76 coaches online • Server time: 22:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Conceding is completly ok if played in an open environment like ranked or an round robin format.

the issue with conceding is in fixed setting tournaments. The next opponent of the opponent you conceeded against will face a money loaded team and will be in quite a big disadvantage. remember winning team gets extra income which will lead to RR or extra pos player for the next match.

therefore think twice when conceding in a KO tournament cose its a bit unfair to the players that will face your oppo next time

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never conceded and never will.
Personally I find it lame when players concede.
Why - Because I think it shows a complete lack of will to fight on and disrespect for your opponent.
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:
I have never conceded and never will.
Personally I find it lame when players concede.
Why - Because I think it shows a complete lack of will to fight on and disrespect for your opponent.

i dont get the disrespect part.
If your oppos got the ref and your players are send of the pitch one after another your 0:2 down at half time with 5 players non-injured there is no reason to spend another 30 minutes lying on the pitch and get the others 5 send off too.
I conceded some games cose my team lost any chance to win and my oppos cas count went higher and higher. there are far better things to do then waste my time watching my oppo taking some minutes to figure out how to maim my remaining players most effectivly while i can to two things one blitz and x stand up actions.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I once conceded a match with my woodies while I was leading 2-0, because I was having big troubels with my girlfriend.

My three best players left the team, good for a combined loss of around 380 spp.

I don't think I have conceded a game ever since...
ElGuappo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What happened with the girlfriend tho Smess? Was she worth the big pixel loss.......

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I conceded 1 game, and one game only, because a tourney opponent needed to play me. I have finished 2 or 3 games with no players left on the pitch on my side.... I find death funny though... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I have conceded twice. Both of these games was after like the 3rd or fourth death,four or five in si and having the opponant gang dirty player fouling with have the ref trying to actually kill off my team. Both of these games the opponant also had thier buddies observing egging them on to force me to retire the team. With situations like that, it is better to lose a ff and risk the loss of a couple players then have ALL of your players killed. With the concede, you at least have the opportunity to rebuid and deny the opponant the fun of bragging about setting the new record for kills per game. It was not a sign of disrespect, it was a matter of self preservation from players who was disrespecting the community at large.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn... not a fouling thread, eh? Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this is not a fouling thread. Just giving an example of when it is smarter to just concede the game instead of having each and every player on your team killed or niggled.
As this is a conceding thread, it is perfectly in place here.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, the hilarious part is this thread was about HOW to concede, originally Smile . My fouling reference was due to your "dis-respecting the community at large". I think, maybe, the fellow was just trying to destroy your team. When you cliam that a fouling style of play is dis-respecting the whole community, then you are implying that there is something inherently wrong with the style. Regardless of my personal opinion on the issue, it DOES open the door for a fouling argument..... I guess this post does to... whoops....

Yay Conceding!!!!! Go Pancakes!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Disrespecting the community at large is the total destruction of the teams of other players (however the means fouling or no that is just the most comman method) in order to try to force them from the comunity. Then, to involve others in it for approval so that they can continue it has nada to do with foulin but it has every thing to do with conceding the match when you discover that you are the victom of one of these predators.

Voorn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, there are the rare occasions where you just get super bad luck and your team is destroyed purely through blocks and you need to cut your losses. Another is when time runs short and you dont have time to finish the game without leaving your computer for an extended period of time (if you need to leave for an extended time, just concede as it is impolite to make them wait unless they say it is ok).

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 19:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ok, read the thread. Standard non interesting rehash..

and then..

AND THEN...

The smess thunderbolt. Game conceeded due to girlfriend pressure. We all been there (with the obvious exception of synn, but one day he too may get a girlfriend) but very few have reported back.

Your partner gives every sign of being out/asleep/dead/with your brother and hence you begin a game of BB. SHOCK HORROR OUCH the loved one returns/finishes quickly and DEMANDS YOUR ATTENTION.

It's unfair, it's unreasonable. But then, you are playing an imaginary game using orcs and elves. They are NEVER EVER EVER going to see that as even mildly important, let alone as reasonable for it to take precedance over her/him/it.

What do you do?

Smess conceeded.

Did she care? Did he get his just reward of a major 'adult' session and lifetime commitment to let him game at will without interuption?

Or did she, as i presume, still bitch on about him playing the damn game in the first place?

I DEMAND TO KNOW!
Voorn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This has only happened to me in this particuler game when I was playing a real life buddy so they were ok with waiting. But yes, it never comes to anything but trouble. never anything good. It has happened to me VERY often in other games and I have had to concede. truth to tell, you might as wel just stay and play because either way, you are in the dooghouse for not sitting at the door waiting like a good pet.

Falcone

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Purple my guess would be she bitched about him playing the game in the first place. Just like my dear sweet wife does Wink
 Jump to: