20 coaches online • Server time: 03:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So besides making your team rating go down and making room for new players on your roster if you have 16 or 15 players, what good is retiring a player? If you are not concerned with those mentioned things, why retire a double niggled legend?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

because he only gets to play in 1/3 of your games ... and when he doesn't it means that you're missing a player that is (probably) vital for you to have a chance of winning the game...

Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but my point is that isn't it better to have him for 2/3 of the games rather than none? If you are not concerned with team rating and player space on the roster, then why retire him?

That means you.
cthol

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

because he drives up your TR and you give away handicaps even in the games when he can't play. also he eats up spps and he's already double niggled: that means 1/3 of your hard won spps that he gets is effectively wasted.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

its actually a 11/36 chance of missing a game

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Once you've got a full roster, it's more important to be high up in the tables. You don't want to retire players then. It plays a major role when you're in the 175-275 TR bracket, though.
Shorty

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim. Get me a list of free agents, anyone on the trading block, and check the bog to the southeast. I saw some really mean-looking orcs there this morning. And see if we can't find a front office position for Thud too, will you?

Niggle = Job Opening
 Jump to: