51 coaches online • Server time: 17:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

What is, in your opinion, the best race to play with? You may also post the most fun race to play with as well. But don't just mention a race. Tell why they are the best.

Here's my dissection:
Amazon teams have cheap linewomen, re-rolls, and positional players, not to mention all rookie players have dodge. Once you get the team running, it is more expensive to hire a blitzer than buy another re-roll! They are versitile and suited for almost any playstyle (but one must be careful if they are trying to be bashy against a team with MB or claws since they only have AV7).

Of course Orcs and Humans are good too, being very versitile and relatively cheap as well. Plain Elves are good and High Elves too once you can afford more re-rolls.

Now for the more fun teams. First on my list is Halflings. It is so much fun to know you don't have a chance at winning. This opens the game up. Throwing them in the air is a hoot too. Just about any team oriented around throwing little guys over the heads of bewildered opponents is fun to play with.

Next comes Vampires. They are good when lucky and just funny when not. It is always exciting when you make a move with one, not knowing whether you will be successful or take out your own players.

So that's my list. Don't forget to mention both races that are fun and good.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Good: woodies (for a single match)
Good: Orcs (for allrouns performance)
Good: CD's (see fun)

Fun: Nurgles Rotters (below average team that challenges a coach to employ different tactics)
Fun: Goblin Cheaters (can't get more BS than cheaters, but it's a laugh)
Fun: CD's: (Have the most fun mix of bash skills and speed IMO)

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

hey ... whatever team you have the most fun using is the one that is best to play with. There are all sorts of old forum threads with plenty of arguments for different races (at different ratings, against different opponents etc.) thye give a good idea of which ones are "the best" ... but I just use races that I have fun using... (which is pretty much all of them Razz)

Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you mentioned Chaos Dwarves because you're right. They are both good and fun to play with at the same time. And by the way, what kind of tactics are availible when using a Nurgle's Rotters team? Orcs are the best league team in my mind, and I'm also glad you mentioned Goblin Cheaters. They are a hoot if you want to be unpredictable and wild. Woodies may be the best one-off team there is.

That means you.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves: Crowd Pushing with witches is fun, they can score with ma > 6 and ag 4 and are pretty durable with av 8. The runner ups are orcs, who are all around awesome with one turn capabilities and 4 st 4 guys + the awesome blitzers with a great cost / efficiency ratio.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

halfings are my favorite race to play and my best
and if they had ogres back they would be an elite team
the halfing chef is utterly amazing
and people often overlook the huge bonus stunty gives

Goodbye Cusi
bartgoon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I love Squigs! Chomping everything, running off the field, great big buckets of leap everywhere, and with a totally different strength setup than the other stunty teams. They have the same feeling of big risk everytime you use one like vampires, but with playoff in fun rather than ag4st4 bonus of vampires.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Most overpowered race is orcs, hands down.

I personally prefer dark elves.
Draxcore

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The Undead is one of the better all around teams. Two players at 5 strenght and mighty blow for bashing. OK blitzers but they do have regen. Ghouls make for good recievers and ok QB's and the line fodder is so cheap. They can pass or run.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2006 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Circular said exactly what I was going to say. Orcs are the crunchiest league race, with CD and Undead running second. Orcs are easy as dirt to play. I developed my orc team for a couple weeks and my coach rating went up 15 points. High strength, high armor, block and guard sure made me smarter. I played up in TS and still felt like I had an advantage in most games.

And for fun, it's hard to top dark elves. Wood elves/pro elves/skaven can be formulaic in their one or two turn scores. Same with the bash teams and their slow grind up the field. With dark elves, you can try to score (or play defense) a thousand different ways.
Tallmaris

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazons are really good in the beginning, but they suffer a lot when in high TR, since they don't have differentiated players unless you don't get some nice stat increase (as i luckily had).

High elves (and elves in general) are the best IMHO when in high TR, they got skills, agility, nice armor and no major ST deficencies...

Most fun I had with goblins, throwing them around all the time... but I think lots more fun are goblin cheaters, even if more often than not they happen to kill each other with their nasty weapons... Smile

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I like skaven most
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos rocks.
Every blitz with strength 4 (that's probably the biggest difference between Chaos and Orcs: how get a second guarder to the victim in order to get 2 dices for the blitz?), dodges with the Chaos Warrior and Big Guy for the los.
With claws and foul appearance Chaos' can be extreme versatile and very exciting to play with bec. of the claws/rsc combo.
Only disadvantage is that a good chaos team should have a TR of 270-280 to have tackle as well as guard on almost every lineman.
fishgeekted

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Melmoth. Skaven are tons of scurrying fun! Love their fast movement, amazing GR's and ability to mutate. I lose a hell of lot of games with them, cuz they just are so darn fragile, but boy oh boy, im a rat fan anyways!
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Luv them orcs!

If they are played in a different way then the regular bash/foul/stall-way.

The blitzers are really nice and can become great players over time... In combination with that they don't break to easily makes them fun.

Jump to: