33 coaches online • Server time: 00:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no best best race, there is only the one you like to play most.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem wrote:
There is no best best race, there is only the one you like to play most.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=race

according to the fumbblstat "eshin adepts" is the best team to play with a 66% win and a 21 % loss ratio, obviosly this is not a real team....

the second best is "old world" with a 49% win and a 34% loss ratio... obviosly this is not either a real team....

the third best team are "amazons" with 47% wins and 35% losses... this is a real team... but if you look closer you see how obvious this is consequence of the strukture of ranked... so it would be more wise to call amazons the best team for ranked cherrypicking.... but for sure not in leagues or tournaments....

team number four are chaosdwarves... with 46% wins and 35% losses... if you analyze the team strukture of them you see, that this is obviously a good team... on the one hand a massive amount of dwarves... real good players everyone knows, but on normal dwarfteams with the handicap their are no other fast players...
the hobgoblins are cheap and players with no real handicap.. speed, strengh and agility are ok what makes them good ballcarrier you do not have to care much about them... with these two player types cd's would be already a good team... in addition they profit from dam fast and unstoppable str4 bullcentaures with strengh-access... what rounds them perfectly up... think they also can take big guys....
the av 7 on the hobgoblins might be seen as a weakness... but its not that hard as on other av 7 teams... because you can perfektly hide these players...
ok, this maybe means you'll have a little coach-experience to play them well... everyone has to stand on the right field and so on... but i have no doubt they are the best team to play with in any structure....
an additional expample.... the german bloodbowl league "dbl" http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=569... one of the biggest groups-structures in fumbbl has actually three chaos-dwarf teams on the four top places of league one.... if you look at this you see what happens if every team has to vs every team... the interesting part of it is, is that cd's still can survive this, while having av7 players
so my vote goes to cd's as most overrated team...
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid has got the point.

This is why i removed my Zon team from that tournament. As soon as Zons face Dorfs and Cdorfs or tackle/MB heavy orcs they will start loosing their matches and players in rapid succession.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Different perspective here...

Most Fun to play against: Chaos Dwarves
Best scoring Team: Skaven (possibly Wood Elves)
Best teams to improve your coaching skills: Amazon and Vampire

Best Bashing Team: Khermi
Best Elf Team: Dark Elf (My all time favourites, this is called... racism!)
Most Surprising team: Ogre (haven't figured them out yet)

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate orcs... but they are GREAT!

funniest... Norse
quickie

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite team is darkelf. i like their bashing way to the TD-Zone. If there are too much defenders in front you move back or left with the whole bunch. just seek the weak positions in opponents defence and break through with the whole cache. you need about 4 turns to make a TD, but these are 4 turns with strategy, tactic and spectacular movements. i like that very much and for me (not the opponent) it's fun too, if all works...

Fun teams: Squig Herders. No matter what rating you and your opponent have, you would not know the result until the game ist finished... AV7, OFAB and no General-Skills on the one side and 4 x (ST4+RSC) on the other, that is a sure thing for fun! dont take more than 4 of them or you would get easily outnumbered by yourself! Very Happy

All other stunty teams (except chaos halfs and nurglings (and gobos and halfs as stuntyteams)) are great fun too!

Regular Fun teams: If you want have fun, take a couple of friends and all of them make an unranked vampire team. play them if you are bored about being tactical or whining opponents. bash, bite, crowdpush, foul the hell out of the thralls, it's the greatest fun i know. teamrating wouldnt be over 150 after 15 matches and most matches would end with a tie, but who cares? the game was good, if both team has no thralls left... even if you only try to make TDs, this would happen enough...

Other regular fun teams: every team that you play with skill rules. try a chaos team that start with shadowing as first skill. or proelves with sidestep. even a necromantic team with all dirty player as first skill (also the werwolves!) could get funny, if you foul every turn. what about a dwarf team with pro as first skill? you can make also some rules for all doubles: shadowing chaos needs tentacles of corse! and so on... stop playing all this boring block, claw, guard shit! you wouldnt win more matches with that tactics but you would have much more fun...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:

an additional expample.... the german bloodbowl league "dbl" http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=569... one of the biggest groups-structures in fumbbl has actually three chaos-dwarf teams on the four top places of league one.... if you look at this you see what happens if every team has to vs every team... the interesting part of it is, is that cd's still can survive this, while having av7 players
so my vote goes to cd's as most overrated team...

I have to agree. As the Commish for the SWL (the biggest and longest running National League (Aussies & Kiwis)) we too currently have 3 CD teams in our 8 team Premier League. One of those (Zen Adepts) have been basically in our top flight for I'd guess 11 out of our 13 seasons.

For durability and ability to win against all opponents, CD's seem to be the best.

For my own preferences, I love Rotters. My ranked Rotters has taken the traditional Claw/RSC route, but I have an unranked team that is deliberately taking Tentacles and then Foul Appearance wherever possible. Playing rotters against Elves is great. Not from the perspective that elves are squishy, but rather than FA and tentacles play havoc with their passing games.
Brad

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Thinking Quickie - Humans taking PRO on absolutely Everyone is a Blast.

Tried this in a RL league, when we were developiong our Human/Elf Hybrids. Get beaten a bit at the Lower TRs, but become very bashy and can move the ball much more freely. Was a great experince to learn new tactics, as well as trying to play at TR 150-175 Without mostly block players.

As for personal tastes, I enjoy the High Elves - AV8 to last with the 'ard Boys, AG4 to play elf ball, and with your positional spots filled, even Welfs find it hard to outstretch the field.

Orcs are good for increasing CR - but outside of tourneys are too overpowerd (Too overpowered in Tourneys too, but hey - if U play tourneys you play to win)

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead are the team for me, especially at low ratings. Highly adaptable - bit of bash, bit of speed, lot of fodder. All good. Ghouls flat-lining continuously but hey, nobody's perfect.

Most fun has to be Cheaters or Snots. The fanatics are just great to use.
Xzazy

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Dark elves most since I want to bash a bit while at the same time beeing able to score quick TDs and dodge around controlling the game. One of the few races who bash mostly for the short term gain so they can score. Best race is too much about when and where and for how long. Bashy teams with 9 AV will always gain a lot in long tournaments so wouldn't mind giving the win to CD there.
 Jump to: