55 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think about Jan's proposal?
Pie!
40%
 40%  [ 20 ]
Waffles!
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Pancakes!
30%
 30%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 49

vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What's your problem with stunty, Darkwolf? The stunty leeg doesn't affect CR and it has no influence on other divisions. You have no stunty team. So if you don't spectate stunty matches it could be no annoyance to you.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

agrees with Van Gorn.

I still have to beat Jan we are 1/0/1 currently.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh, If I´m lost everytime I´ve played you, then I must be below the average. And if my coach rating is above yours, I must be a cherrypicker... SIGH
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Jan turned down my necros after he played my vamps. If anything, abolish stunty before you abolish cr.

Abolish Darwolf!!! c'mon, who wants coaches from B.C., anyway??? Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Janmattys win percentage is still 52%, mine is currently 19%!!!
That'll make him a hell of a good coach IMO Wink
Although I got a lot of matches before I can match his 678 games total, but I got a slight tingling feeling that this might not change all that much.

I for one never look at coach rating, I check out the win percentage instead, IMO it gives a better idea of just how good a coach is...(unfortunately!)
Dominik

Post 20 Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No it doesn't.
You can easily win if you only challenge goblins, halflings or amazons with your dwarven team.
The coach rating regards the team strength as well as the coach rating of other coaches, which means that at one point you can't get a higher coach rating by always challenging the same newbies with their weak teams.

Insider tip: Coach ranking players, these are people who tries everything to keep their coach rating as high as possible, are easily to unmask if you look on their "games per team" ratio.
Why? Most noobs have teams between TR 100-180/200.
If a "good" player like many of the first page (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches) has a games per team ratio of 10 games for example, it means he challenges with HIS new team always bad coaches and when HIS team reaches a new TR zone he retires and creates a fresh newbie-seeking team. Neutral
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Insider tip: Coach ranking players, these are people who tries everything to keep their coach rating as high as possible, are easily to unmask if you look on their "games per team" ratio.
Why? Most noobs have teams between TR 100-180/200.
If a "good" player like many of the first page (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches) has a games per team ratio of 10 games for example, it means he challenges with HIS new team always bad coaches and when HIS team reaches a new TR zone he retires and creates a fresh newbie-seeking team. Neutral

Since that's an insider tip that must mean you're a cherry picker Razz

I still just want to remove my CR.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course I am, but I do not create and delete after 10 games every team only for the ability to stay in touch with the noobs.
As the tr of all my team grows steadily, it's getting more and more harder to find cherrys which are willingly to get picked.
There are two possible results of this fact:
1.) My cr levels off at a certain value and won't fall/grow in the long term
2.) I'm getting better through experience and "hitch my wagon to a star".
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

GET OUT OF MY THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT CHERRYPICKING!
Very Happy

Go create your own!
Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys you are much better than the average coach, but since your CR implies you are slightly above average you assume so. Almost every coach on fumbbl plays the CR a little, or at least withouth knowing it increases their chances of winning/not getting their team mamed by the games they choose. You obviously dont choose that well Wink

And since my personal record is okay against you I'm gonna agree with you and say that I am a BB god.

Jump to: