39 coaches online • Server time: 15:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright kids, as good ol' Uncle Snappy has some studying to avoid, he's decided to do a break down of the 1/4 final matchups that are made:

Qualifier I:

None exist (or they inconsiderately played em too fast Wink )

Qualifier II:

QWuakers (Splatter) vs. No Goats No Glory (Hindenburg): Should be a real slobberknocker, with both teams trying to pound the crap out of thir opponent early. In the end I think the Goats have a slight edge in the pain department. However, I think this is only a slight edge, and will be balanced out by the fact that the QWackers are going to get handis, have money to burn on toys, and didn't just play a game against Derbil. A tough call, could go either way, but I'm going to say QWakers by a TD.

How do you like them oats? Qwackers win.

Qualifier III:

Raw Smackdown (sKink) vs Vailwynd's Boldest (Falcone): A classic orc team vs a classic elf team. Also an interesting match up. I think the HElves are going to carry the day, however, for one key reason. Coaching. Raw has never played a HElf team, and has played few Elves of any description. While Falcone has handled nothing but bash all the way through, and handled them handily. Should be another close one, but I'm predicting the Boldest by 1.

Bah! It was Falcone's to lose, and he lost.

Vanguard of the Black Ark (Snorri) vs Moving Wall (Mephist): I'm picking Moving Wall. I feel they match up very well against Vanguard, plus they pick up a couple handis as well. Vanguard's two uber Witch Elves should be neutralized by the Bulls pretty quickly. Both teams have a little pocket money, and I expect them to spend it, but the effect will likely cancel each other out. Moving Wall has proved they can beat elves (an admittedly inferior to Vanguard wood elf team in the last round), but Vanguard has not only never beaten a dwarf or chaos dwarf team, THEY'VE NEVER EVEN PLAYED ONE. I'd say that unless Snorri brings out a little pixie magic, Moving Wall's going to walk away with this one. Moving Wall by a TD.

Snorri proves me wrong by the skin of his teeth, Nuffle gives the coin toss to Vanguard.

Qualifier IV:

I'm not commenting on number IV, as anything I say would either be hubris, or defeatism.

Qualifier V:

Blood Falcons (Malthor) vs Black Axe (Petter): I'm going to go with Blood Falcons on this one. Some have picked them to take it all, and this writer sees them as a definate contender. This has been a tourney full of upsets, however, and Black Axe, with a little luck and some good coaching, could definately hand down the latest upset. Prediction: Blood Falcons by 2.

Da Red Ones Go Faster (soren72) vs Butcher Boys (drunken_master): Alright! A good, ol' fashioned orc tussle. The Butchers have the edge, with a slightly better developped team (most notably in the blocker position), but the right handis, or a novel play, and that edge could dissolve mighty quick. Expect both teams to peel some cash from out of their impressive rolls, and expect another take-no-prisoners kind of game. Butcher Boys by 1.

Red Ones do seem to go Faster.

Last edited by Snappy_Dresser on %b %20, %2006 - %00:%Feb; edited 5 times in total
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier VI:

Again I'd like to draw attention to the Cinderella story of the tourney, mmmm...brains. GO UNDIES!!!!!

Qualifier VII:

Deepwood Junkies (FischerKing) vs New World Orc Order (Darkwolf): It breaks my heart, but I'm going with the Junkies. The Orcs have only one tackler. Woodies have lots of blodge, and I have an ear infection. Junkies by 2 TDs.

Chaotic Venom (insanewillow) vs Mummies R Us (speldarren): Bashy. Veeeery Bashy. That's how I would characterize this match up (I'm starting to notice a theme, are you?) the Mummies have already retained the services of Ramtut III. But the Venom has money to burn as well. the key to this game, however, will be ball control. Venom has it, Mummies don't. Even considering they're a very agile bunch of Khemri, they're going to drop/fail at least one key play, and then the Chaotic Venom are going to pounce on them. OTOH, if the Mummies lure the Venom into a stand up fight, expect the Venom to come out second best. That all said, I'm going with Chaotic Venom by 1, but it'll hurt.

Qualifier VIII:

Rorden Reavers (VolCom) vs Aldorf Juvenile Delinquents (Hank): My my, that's a lot of tackle and +STs on those delinquents. And that, as they say, will be the difference. the old drive and stall, followed by a quick forced TD should carry the day for the Delinquents. Aldorf Juvenile Delinquents by 1.

Qualifier IX:

None yet, but High ELF Allliance looks like one of the more credible elven sides left. Let's hope they're struck by lightning, ok? Twisted Evil

Qualifier X:

Nigglaz With Attitude (foolwholaughsatdeath) vs Juggs (Dalibor): If they were healthy, I think I'd predict a Nigglaz win. This is an impressive DElf side. But they're not healthy, and they're facing a punishing chaos dwarf team. If the Juggs are smart (and they are, you can't fluke your way into the third round of this tourney), they'll just beat, stomp, foul, and gouge the remaining elves off the pitch early, and stroll the win in. Juggs by 1 if they manage 4 or less cas by half time, 2 if they manage more (I think they will).

Last edited by Snappy_Dresser on %b %19, %2006 - %04:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier XI:

None

Qualifier XII:

Walmart Looterz (veron) vs Big-Bellied Beast Slayers (Mr_Launcher): Another grindfest. Perhaps they should rename this tourney the Warpsmash Open Smile . Two good team, coached by two good coaches. But the Slayers are missing a slayer, and that, combined with the throwing game (Looterz have one, Slayers do not) is going to make the difference. Walmart Looterz by 1.

BBBS win in a blowout! What happen there?

Qualifier XIII:

Courageous (Gatts) vs Eltharian's Hearts (sk8bcn): A genuinely perplexing match up. As in, what the hell are a Norse and a Pro Elf team doing this deep in the tourney?!? An interesting matchup as well, made less so by the fact that one of the Hearts' best catchers is missing the game with injury. Honestly, I'm really not sure how to handicap this one. Courageous has a little bit of tackle, but not an overwhelming amount, the Hearts should be able to win the thrown game, but not dominate. Both teams are coached by an A list skipper. I don't feel entirely possitive about this, but my gut is telling me that Courageous' ability to play more physically, and their Blitzers' ability to control the flanks will be the decider in this one (even though historically, Courageous aren't a very physical team). Courageous should cause the Hearts, who enter this game a little banged up, to leave a lot banged up. Courageous by 1.

Graveyard Afterparty (Csonti) vs Bad News Boys (LostInEternity): Another last man standing contest, I'm going to go against the conventional wisdom that Undead cannot succeed at this level. The Afterparty are flush with cash, have already retained the services of Drakenborg, and face an Orc side that are missing a key blitzer. That, combined with new sets of spiked boots being handed out to all the zombies, should be a dealbreaker. Graveyard Afterparty by a TD.

Qualifier XIV:

Da Spinebustaz (Blizzix) vs Cult of the Dark Blood (Jerico): This DElf/Orc matchup has two teams ill prepared to play vs their opponent. Da Spinbustaz have only one tackler, and are a team geared more towards grinding it out against Dwarves or Chaos. Da Spinebustaz lifetime record against elves is an unimpressive 2/2/5. On the other side, we have the cult, a team FULL of tacklers, and missing it's kicker. It's record against bashy teams is 2/1/1, but the fact that the vast majority of the rest of their games are against elves tells you all you need to know. Combine this with the fact that in their last game, they couldn't stop khemri from scoring twice, I think this is going to be a classic 2-1 victory for the Orcs. Da Spinbustaz by 1.

Qualifier XV:

Deeproots (Astrix) vs Balaclava (Britnoth): YEE-HAW!!! Gonna be a high scoring, no defence playing kind of game. Both teams are a little beat up (though, with the woodies missing one dancer, I'd say the rats are in a slightly better position). Both teams can score, I don't think that is in question. Both teams have a good coach, I don't think either of these would look out of place in the final. So let's look at the edges either team has over the other. Deeproots still have one very good Wardancer, who in the early going should have Britnoth playing a little conservatively, the tree will cas at least one rat, probably more, and they pick up a couple handis because of TR differential as well. On the Balaclava side of the equation, they have three very well developed Gutters, and, most tellingly, a RO with block AND tackle, who should put the fear of god into Astrix, and keep him from trying anything too wild. Another really tough one to call. the smallest thing, like the weather, or a really good handi, could tip the scales one way or the other. But the image of that Rat Ogre blitzing around the backfield, mangled elf parts going every which way is just too compeling a picture, so I'm picking Balaclava by 1.

Qualifier XVI:

Darkie's Dream (sinner) vs Glitz Gits (MadTias): I'm going with the Gits for a few reasons. Partly because the Gits have enough tackle to counter the Dream's abundance of blodge. Partly because the Gits' just having come of a convincing 10 casualty outing against a similar elf team. Partly because I don't think three handicaps exist that will even up these two teams. Mostly I going with them because they start the game being able to field a full 11 players. Glitz Gits by 1.

Glitz Gitz win!

Last edited by Snappy_Dresser on %b %19, %2006 - %23:%Feb; edited 5 times in total
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy's results: 1 right, 0 wrong
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post, I will add my comments too.

/me bends before Snappy

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

/me bends before Snappy

me too, but please don't bend, you're making me a little nervous.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

complete as of Fri Feb 17 05:17:00 2006
Snorri

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, thanks for talking the lads down Snappy. It will motivate them, but is more amusing for the ironic nature of the comments. But that would take a little more digging to appreciate why.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

/me bends before Snappy

me too, but please don't bend, you're making me a little nervous.

glops
/me quickly go up again and flee. Dangerous Snappy.....

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job Snappy! Was a blast to read Very Happy

Go Hank, humans for the win!
Hank

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Splatter, good luck to you as well!

Anyway, me and VolCom is going to play monday night, 21.00 bb time.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

nice job snappy, good read
Naama

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's cool that someone writes their opinions about coming games and the predictments, and they are fun to read too. Goddamn, why did i play my game too soon? Wink
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe i did that aswell Naama Wink

i lost kinda big anyway to MaDtias orcs as i did expect, hes a better coach no doubt ( i lost 6 matches to him out of 8 ) and he had the orcs and i had the elves !?!?! yeah i know i dont play much elves Smile and when the orcs fans took the ref the match was over.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2006 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm. Bad day for me, the count is at 1-3*

*in fairness, one of them was a coin toss, but you know I would have gloated if the other team had won Razz , so the count stands.
 Jump to: