16 coaches online • Server time: 06:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Erazz

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about posting something that almost surely have been diskussed before, but the search function and me are not on good term!

I had a look at the suggested starting rosters on the help/FAQ page, but the line-ups there was not to my taste.

I am thinking of starting a skaven team with the following roster:

2 storm vermins
9 linerats
1 apo
8 ff
4 rr

The idea is to start with as many rerolls as possible, and then use the linerats as thrower/receivers to give them some SPP before the throwers and GRs start joining the team.

I am used to playing with AV8+ teams, so I do not know if this is a good idea or just suicidal.

Any imputs would be nice.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not hideous..... Though my halflings would prefer more GRs, and less RR. You can also check the user guide for team strategies. There are a list of starting lineups and the logic behind them...

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I had a look at the suggested starting rosters on the help/FAQ page, but the line-ups there was not to my taste.

Hey macavity, you sould read before posting, or maybe you are just trying to boost your posting-count Wink (Not trying to be rude!)
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not suicidal but you are defo handicapping yourself!

I'd recommend starting without apoth and perhaps one less R.

BUT with at least 2 gutters and a I like having a thrower myself. (hence only 3 RR)

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven are a passing team and you have to play a lot of games before you got the money for GR und Throwers . So I would prefer to take them - but do as you like

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, somedays you read, somedays you don't..... Bloody olympices are distractinge me.... Canada finally broke the top 5 in the Medal count!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

why would you want to skill up linos? they die anyway.. skaven are basically played with 7-8 players plus a few fodder linemen..

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Its an interesting idea that i never thought of.

Take the following for what it's worth cuz, im not the coolest of cool coaches out there! Smile

You will probably use up all your team rerolls on passing, catching, and picking up the ball and you want to save those for your blocks. So you have created a "run the ball" offense with your skaven. Which should be interesting giving their 7 MA. I wouldn't even try passing the ball. Have one guy pick it up and just dont hand it off ever! Use a different rat to get it each kickoff to spread spp around. Use a rat cage, 'mouse trap" to protect the ball carrier as much as possible.

Here is the problem with the above... Their 7 av. I like to score quickly with skaven cuz they are just so fragile and only GR's can do that for you with a passing attack. Gutterrunners can dodge and get into position like no ones business, and with this lineup, your forcing your ag3 linerats with no dodge to do that now, which means you will be spending team rr's on dodges. Another reason not to use the passing attack with this lineup.

Save all your team rr's for blocks and dont toss the ball around is my suggestion with this strategy.

It just might work, good luck!
nin

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

with ar7 you can't allow your opponents many blocks, so you need dodging a lot. Even mv7 is quite slow if you cannot dodge... and pikking the ball and throwing, gfi...
Skaven are not that cheap, it's going to be like playing Vampires but without Vampires

It may work, but I'll prefer to start with positionalls and fewer RRs, at least change a Stormvermin for a Gutter

But it's your choice Smile
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Erazz wrote:
The idea is to start with as many rerolls as possible, and then use the linerats as thrower/receivers to give them some SPP before the throwers and GRs start joining the team.

I am used to playing with AV8+ teams, so I do not know if this is a good idea or just suicidal.

Any imputs would be nice.

Great idea for elf teams with AG4, suicidal for skaven - your line rats can't throw, catch, or dodge away well enough to make this worthwhile. Also, linerats die faster than just about anything else in the game with their 7AV and 3AG - a developed linerat should be a lucky (temporary) break on a skaven team and not a goal. Also, the extra rerolls you are buying are going to get burned away much faster than if you had skilled positions, so you really aren't getting them - just the illusion of having extra rerolls. Wink
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a thrower in this lineup would help a ton, because he would his skills would give you automated rerolls for pickup AND pass. 3+ catch is not overly unreasonable, so that might work well.

I started my skaven with a RO, 2 vermins, a thrower, 7 linos, 3 RR FF9. Not too shaby of a lineup.
Alanir

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go ahead and disagree with everyone here. If it does end up working out, and by working out I don't mean winning games, I mean getting skills on unhurt linos+sv, then you'll have a great team in the making. Every top team has well-skilled linemen, and rats have a problem getting those. Teams that rely solely on stars, ie gutter runners, get retired sooner than not. Have a shot at it, give it a few tries, and eventually you'll get a team full of skilled up guys. Gutters skill up fast enough anyways...
FreshFruitFiend

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Alanir. I think at first glance your proposal looks a bit insance. But, providing that you don't mind losing your fist couple of games rather badly, it could turn out to be extremely profitable. Playing with the team until you get all your linos block and dodge or tackle will make your team much better by the time you can add gutter runners, throwers, and a rat ogre. Your only problem will be getting to that point without having a bunch of players die. It might take a few tries, but it's just crazy enough to work.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, but skilled linos die almost as easy as unskilled ones Smile you have to put something on that los Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well for me it's illogic. You don't want to take gutter to pass to linos. I d say, pass to linos if you want to. Basically, we all know why we don't pass that much to the linerats: because It may well loose games. lines are harder to skill so put efforts in that, but you will loose games, and thus FF. I don't imagine it's a sane option. Circular played a similar roster and was succesfull? Maybe, but circular belongs to the top coaches around and at TR 100, I definitely think he hasn't played early on top coaches or top races.

The line are weak and rather unreliable. I found out that runners makes the team live offensively and defensively. I'd work on a running linerat game when I am out of danger, else use my full strenght.