59 coaches online • Server time: 20:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tibet

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it looks quite interesting. Just try to minimize the casualties in the first couple of games by carefully selecting who you play against. 4RR rocks!
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Having a thrower in this lineup would help a ton, because he would his skills would give you automated rerolls for pickup AND pass. 3+ catch is not overly unreasonable, so that might work well.

I started my skaven with a RO, 2 vermins, a thrower, 7 linos, 3 RR FF9. Not too shaby of a lineup.

I realy like this lineup have to try it out some time.

I started my rat race team with an apoth 2 sv 2 throwers 7 linerats 3 rr and 9 ff after 4 games i'm now lucky enough to have 4 block lineos a block RO, a block guard sv and 2 pass acurate throwers (although safe throw probly would have been a better choice) and a unskilled as of yet gutter i did have a lucky concession in ther so i probly wouldn't have the gutter till next game but I think the team is realy fairly fleshed out should even be able to get my second gr next game. gutters hog spp bad cause as soon as you get em they do everything so i save em for last they can develop in just a few games.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

never really played skaven but... yeah, this seems to be a pretty good start... but the apo seems not necessary to me... you should better go for an additional linerat...
2 storm vermins
10 linerats
7 ff
4 rr

i dont think gutter runner are a such that good choice as every player with str 2 is a weaker point in the gam... and after two or three gams you''ll hardly find opponents without tackle or any way of nonbashyness
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

may I have the game results link to non runners teams? I wonder who you played to be succesful.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the best skaven lineup to my view:

2 Storm Vermin
5 Linerats
4 Gutter Runner

3 RR
7 FF

Offensively, one gutter is playing the running back role.
Defensively, you can achieve to defend even with 4 2st players, but you will run deep in their half to pressure the ball. It works quite well, and they can quickly run back to your field to give some assists.
Buy apo, then it's manage time, the goals are not in order but depending on your team shape: buying apo, getting 2 more linerats (or a thrower), while remplacing injured, a 4th RR, and at last a RO.

Alternatively, you can remplace a gutter with a thrower and one more FF.
If you want to be risky, try a 4th RR and be around 3FF.
Your FF will quickly increase as you win pretty easily.

But don't be fooled those gutters are there to come near the endzone, but the RR are there to make those linerats score at least one TD per match.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you want to have skilled linos? What's the point? Do you enjoy playing with a good high tr skaven team with skilled linos? Well, surely you don't enjoy losing because you fail all the 3+ ball stuff (with rerolls). Of course you could enojy it, since it is Blood Bowl anyway, but IMO it's much more fun to play with gutter runners... And what's stopping you from scoring with the linos? Plus, like someone said, skilled linos die a lot too. But if you enjoy playing with that lineup, go ahead.

(I'd go 2 SV 2 gutters 3 RR rest linost, plus apo, but I think it gave me FF 8, which is not as good as 9.)

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gutters are the core players of a skaven team. If you want to win, then you should start with at least one. I have started with a team similar to Circular's, but it's not easy and not really worth it in the long run. I still ended up with a bunch of highly skilled positionals playing with a few often-replaced rookie linerats.

Also, I have found the throwers to be useful early on in a team's career, but not so much later on. Throwers will fail 1/9 pickups, while GR will fail just 1/36 (assuming a RR). A single failed pickup is all that it takes to wreck your offense when playing a skilled opponent - especially against elves.

Lino's are just there to assist and absorb hits. Block is pretty much all that they need to their job.

I'd rather have the SPP building up on my positionals, who are likely to survive much longer than the linerats.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be a good team for a long term league (if you put in a thrower that is) but you asked for ranked. Then I really don't see your point here. In ranked every game stands for itself so you should try to optimize your team for that. If you want to develop your linemen, do it when it is risk free/you already won the game. If your gutter runners run away from the rest of the team in spp, just sack them when they reach 31 spp without doubles and if they have a double, pick dauntless and use as defender.