59 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FreshFruitFiend

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I just got done with my wood elves. In their last game they suffered four niggling injuries and my treeman died. Pretty bad game, but not even my worst, when my dark elfs had 5 killed and two niggled. (I'm still in the process of building the darkies back up.)

Anyway, I retired the darned wood elf team because it's friggin' cursed and instead decided to found a new Orc team, called I'm tired of my guys dying, because, you guessed it, I'm tired of my guys dying. Since they have pretty beefy armor, I'm hoping that they won't..... die.....

Anyway, I'm looking for advice in what set up to start them with. I'm thinking it's probably wise to start with as many BOB's as possible to get them skilled up ASAP, but I'm not sure if I should take 3 BOB's and 3 RR or 4 BOB's and 2 RR. What do you guys think?

These are the two builds I'm looking at currently:

* 3 Blitzers,
* 3 Black Orc Blockers,
* 1 Thrower,
* 4 Lineorcs,
* 3 RR
* 7 FF
And

* 4 BOBs
* 4 Blitzers
* 1 Thrower
* 2 Lineman
* 2 RR
* 7 FF

Also, any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks to anyone who takes to the time to look past my whiney title and throw in some input!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd start with 3RRs and FF of 8 or 9 and start bulding the lineup from that. Remember that in order to save an 10k here and there, you can replace an lineorc (or even one of the positionals) with a Goblin.
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

4 BOBs
4 Blitzers
1 Thrower
2 Gobbos
2 RR
9 FF

Gobbos are there for assists and to help you start with 9 FF and 2 RR and 8 kickass positionals... the only way to fly my friend
Smess

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

* 4 BOBs
* 4 Blitzers
* 1 Thrower
* 2 Lineman
* 2 RR
* 7 FF

This is the most powerfull starting lineup for orx IMO. They can take down anyone with this lineup in the first games.
Fist buy an apo, then third reroll, then troll (maybe a gobbo or another lineman somewhere in between also, to have 12 players).
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Try this one on for size, no player with less than AV 9. I did this, using the blitzers to carry the ball, and this has been my most successfull team to date.

4 Blitzers
4 Black Orcs
3 Line Orcs
9 FF
2 RR

Never buy throwers or goblins, with their puny armor they will be targeted and put of the field giving your opponent a numbers advantage.

Use the Line-Orcs to tie up anything with ST 4+ and give your BOs free reign over the rest of the field. The Linos have AV 9 as well, and if they die a new one is dirt cheap.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that idea, lam. *evil laugh*

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Smess´s initial roster, but actually I´d say you: "hey freshFruitFiend, don´t make more teams!! In the end they´re gonna die" Razz

Good luck with'em mate
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer having a thrower with Orcs. AV8 seems not too much compared to all other Orcish brutes but they should be BEHIND a solid wall of AV9 cagyness anyway. Just never field them on defense. And you might even leave them on the bench once you get an AG4/sure hands Orc with 'proper' AV9. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
I prefer having a thrower with Orcs. AV8 seems not too much compared to all other Orcish brutes but they should be BEHIND a solid wall of AV9 cagyness anyway. Just never field them on defense. And you might even leave them on the bench once you get an AG4/sure hands Orc with 'proper' AV9. Wink

Yes, if you protect your thrower well enough, AV8 won't be a problem.
Also, in a starting team with only two rerolls, a thrower is highly recommended. You realy don't wanna waste your rerolls on picking up the ball.
Voorn

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You might also want to try screening your opponants and thier teams before playing with them.
I agree with waiting for the thrower and not using gobbos at all. Gobbos are just to frail and die easilycauseing you to waste funds constantly replacing them. While afterward, get a thrower and watch it become your new star rusher as you become too afraid to try to pass to the fumble fingers. Rolling Eyes

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

1 Troll
4 Black Orcs
2 Blitzers
1 Thrower
2 Linemen
1 Goblin
2 RR
9 FF

A fun starting roster, high on the Black Orcs for the early skill-ups. Bit low on RR so you may want to lose another Blitzer for a lineman and go with 3 RR and 7 FF. Troll + Gobbo combo is always fun. The Troll is basically a punching bag, great as a LoS help-out (bit of a bother with Really Stupid sometimes, and Big Guy makes him unreliable but what they hey, ST 5 AV 9 Regen) and the goblin helps out as a catcher/runner/ultra-mobile assist/miscellaneous dodger through tackle zones. You could swap out Linemen for more Goblins to get some extra FF.

So many ways to start orcs... Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Fresh,

Don't make the mistake in thinking AV9 means your players won't get hurt.

My advice is to go with an undead team (or Khemri). When someone dies, half the time it's no big deal...and sometimes you get to replace them before the game is over Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

My advice is to go with an undead team (or Khemri)

Another Khemri team is needed about as much as another Chaos Dwarf team.

My suggestion: Take a Vampire team and embrace the deaths! You'll come to enjoy them when you are inflicting them on your own team as much as the enemy.[/quote]
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
7 lineorcs 350k
4 BOBs     320k
4 RR       240k
9 FF        90k

Blitzers will get their SPPs easily anyhow.
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
Code:
7 lineorcs 350k
4 BOBs     320k
4 RR       240k
9 FF        90k

Blitzers will get their SPPs easily anyhow.

I'm a huge fan of tons of rerolls, but that is too many lineman for an Orc team - unless you try to get some killed...

Freshfruit, I like your first build better. Personally I would adjust it to this:

* 1 Blitzer,
* 4 Black Orc Blockers,
* 1 Thrower,
* 5 Lineorcs,
* 3 RR
* 9 FF
* 10K in the bank for your Apothecary

Blitzers gain SPPs fast and BoB really slow, so 4 up front will increase your chances of a BoB getting an MVP and developing early. 9FF will help you get you the remaining Blitzers a bit sooner and they are the easiest to catch up with on SPPs. As a side note, this would be for developing a team that isn't going to use a troll and goblins, at least for a while.

Orc Tip o' the Day: Keep the Lineorcs on the line of scrimmage, not the Black Orc Blockers - especially on defense.
 Jump to: