15 coaches online • Server time: 05:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's the best option?
ST 7 mino, a monster!
60%
 60%  [ 71 ]
block, to make him more reliable
29%
 29%  [ 35 ]
Claws or tentacles...
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 118

Longshanks

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Oh, and by the way: it's a nonsense to open a Forum poll and choose the skill 5 minutes after.

If you don't care for advice, just don't pretend you do.

Well if matthewshy is anything like me, maybe he is too impatient to wait ? Very Happy I never post skill choice questions 'cause I can't defer the 'thrill' of testing out that new skill straight away ! (maybe I'd better go visit that addiction thread again Wink )

As an alternative I suggest matthewshy and impatient folks like me should make posts that go "I chose skill X, what would you have done?" because hindsight is always 20/20!

I would have chosen tentacles by the way cause its Cool
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

tentacles, your a niggling guy, use him on the LOS and tie up players til he buys the farm!
TBK

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i play nurgle a little and i find that tentacles doesnt match well with frenzy because you cant choose not to follow so id go with +str, a 7str multi blocker is a double block +str with no assist! very good
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Curro I don't care to raise my Post count... as you can see I have only a few posts and I seldom write in the forum...

hehe, don´t worry. I was just joking about myself.

Well no... You were trying to raise your post count. Nothing else matters.

Yar... I´ve get caught
matthewshy

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to you all guys!

That's my first poll on skills and the hardest choice... you all were really kind with your replies and made me think a lot about bloodbowl and different ways to play it... I'll probably keep the ST boost, as with Multiple Block it can be a really good option... I hope my mino will survive a bit even without block...

Thanks to you all again!!!
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

matthewshy wrote:
Thanks to you all guys!

That's my first poll on skills and the hardest choice... you all were really kind with your replies and made me think a lot about bloodbowl and different ways to play it... I'll probably keep the ST boost, as with Multiple Block it can be a really good option... I hope my mino will survive a bit even without block...

Thanks to you all again!!!

I'd advise you to get Break Tackle before Multiblock - multiblock will mean more 2d blocks and that's definitley not what you want without block (also remember that multiblock doesn't combine with Frenzy).
matthewshy

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehm... but I already have multiblock!
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:

I'd advise you to get Break Tackle before Multiblock - multiblock will mean more 2d blocks and that's definitley not what you want without block (also remember that multiblock doesn't combine with Frenzy).

Break Tackle = 1/6 chance of turnover, 5/6 chance of moving somewhere.
Multi Block = 1/9 chance of turnover, 5/9 chance of knocking down 2 players.

Hmm... which of those sounds better..... Embarassed
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Block sounds better.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the nigglers. Once LRB5 will be out, nigglings are no problem anymore.

MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

zerkalo wrote:
RedFish wrote:

Break Tackle = 1/6 chance of turnover, 5/6 chance of moving somewhere.
Multi Block = 1/9 chance of turnover, 5/9 chance of knocking down 2 players.

Hmm... which of those sounds better..... Embarassed

Oddly enough it's not all about hitting people. The game involves player placement, the possibility of changing the playingstyle at any given time and being able to respond to any situation - surprisingly this is something Break Tackle can actually assist at. I know this whole tactics thing may sound foreing to you but it's worth a shot Wink

And Break Tackle would still make him a mean cage-buster.

All that being said I'd still fire him due to the niggle. The more valuable a player is the more inclined I am to fire a niggler. It's not so bad if a rookie lino with 0-1 skill gets a niggle - doesn't hurt your TR (and thus affecting handicaps and winning) much if he's gone and he's excellent line fodder. Just don't have more than 1-2 and preferebly only then on a team with a few players that can step in in case of a niggle.
Voorn

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You may not always be able to afford to fire a niggler. That is why I suggested keeping long enough to get him replaced. Till then, use his gaurd skill to assist other is blocks and so forth so that your other players will get any spp for injuries and so forth. If he gets killed during play, accept his death and dont waste your apoth on him.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:

Oddly enough it's not all about hitting people. The game involves player placement, the possibility of changing the playingstyle at any given time and being able to respond to any situation - surprisingly this is something Break Tackle can actually assist at. I know this whole tactics thing may sound foreing to you but it's worth a shot Wink

That's why I usually avoid hiring minotaurs in the first place. I like to use BG as big, ugly roadblocks, not as blockers or blitzers. WA makes the minos much more difficult to place, and their relatively low AV doesn't give them much staying power on the LOS.
 Jump to: